“Irresponsible dive master” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Los Cabos Deep Blue

Los Cabos Deep Blue
Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort / Tesoro Los Cabos Local - D1, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico
52 - 624 - 143 - 7668
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #85 of 186 activities in Cabo San Lucas
Type: Water sports
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Attraction Details
Delaware City, Delaware
“Irresponsible dive master”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

First dive shop to dive with in Cabo, the Owner Oscar is a nice guy know doubt. But Beware when you go out to the Gordon Banks. I was by myself diving with two new open water divers. We took the two hour ride out to the Gordon Banks. Short breifing , down the anchor line goes the dive instructor , then the open water divers , then me. Strong current, had to stay on the line. Next thing I notice is were going deeper and deeper 142 feet. way past recreational diver limits. The instructor was 12 feet down the line , I could get his attention. We all almost ran out of air during the safty stop. had to buddy breath with , instructor , then one of the other divers. Not cool at all. Be care when diving in Mexico , they don't follow the dive laws.

Visited February 2011

Alberta Canada
14 attraction reviews
“Great shop to dive with”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

This was our first dive trip in Cabo San Lucas. Everyone at Deep Blue were very friendly and helpful with the gear. I'll definitely dive again with them.

Visited February 2011
Bay Area
3 attraction reviews
“The Best Dive Company in Cabo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

I did four dives with Deep Blue in January and they were fantastic! Oscar specializes in small groups and really makes you feel at home. I was the only diver on all 4 dives, which allowed for some exciting opportunities, including a very deep dive. My dive-master was Geraldo and he was great. I would highly recommend this dive operation if you are looking for an exciting, safe and personalized dive experience.

Visited January 2011
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Excellent small operator, recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

Deep Blue is a small operator who likes to take a maximum of four divers on their boat. I dived with a friend and we were the only divers aboard. Don't expect a much in the way of frills, but don't expect a cattle drive either! The manager, dive master and skipper were all friendly characters and we had two fantastic dives, the second an opportunistic dive with sea lions.

I travelled with my C-card only and the rental gear was good. Decent 3mm shorty, a choice of masks and all-Mares scuba rig (BC, reg and fins). Water and fruit provided. When we got back to the office they even threw in a CD of their photos.

Small, personal, flexible and friendly. Brilliant!

Manor, Texas
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

We went to Cabo San Lucas for the golf and are very glad that we met up with Deep Blue and Oscar to do some Scuba Diving. The shop is not much to look at but the hospitality makes up for it. Oscar and his crew were very attentive and joy to be around. We dove Land's End, Pelican Rock and the Sand Falls which are all local sites. Gary our Dive Master was very informative and led us on some great dives. The fish were abundant and were able to find a Sea Horse also. I wouldn't trade these four dives for any I have done to date.