“Fun way to get a taste of real Mexico” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Outback & Camel Safari

Outback & Camel Safari
Av. Paseo de la Marina | Lote 7a | Marina Cabo San Lucas, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico
52-624-173-9500
and up
Ranked #20 of 214 Activities in Cabo San Lucas
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: This adventure takes you on a voyage of discovery as you journey away from the tourist areas and delve deeper into the stunning outback and secluded wonders of the Baja peninsula. Enjoy spectacular views, a gentle nature walk, camel ride and delicious cuisine as you explore Rancho San Cristobal on this exclusive adventure.Explore a seaside ranch, which includes a working sea turtle sanctuary in our unique and fun Mercedes Benz® Unimog 4x4 truck. Along the way our expert guide will introduce you to Baja and the surrounding area.Experience a guided nature walk and learn about the area’s spectacular flora and fauna. Head to a beautiful and peaceful beach for a once-in-lifetime camel ride overlooking the sea. Enjoy a tequila tasting and tortilla making lesson before a delicious lunch.Enjoy stunning views of the Pacific as you savor an authentic Mexican lunch prepared with regional spices and flavors and sip cool refreshing beverages. Spend time with your new friends on your journey back to Cabos, sharing stories along the way.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Wisconsin, USA
“Fun way to get a taste of real Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

During the last week of October 2009, my husband and I took this excursion. Our guide was Polo, and man, was he a wealth of information!! We learned so much about native plants, animals, helpful Spanish phrases, food, culture, and tequila. The tequila tasting was fun, and the lunch was fantastico! Thanks Polo!

orlando
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

I loved the 4x4 safari! It was great fun for the whole family (especially those with a taste for tequila). The trip starts out with a ride down tourist corridor (a scenic high way) and then a ride through the tropical desert. The tour guide is hillarious and even teaches some profane spanish to the group. You then get to go to the have lunch with a real mexican family and have a REAL mexican meal. Then comes the next half of the tour, the tequila tasting. After that it becomes a booz cruise for the next 1 1/2 hours which is actualy fun for all ages with coke and fresca provided for the younger group of people. The only thing I didn't like was the included "continental breakfast" before the tour. Trust me eat before you leave and you don't need to be there until 8:55.

Maryland
19 attraction reviews
“Hold on to your seat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

The Desert Safari tour is amazing! My husband and I went on this tour during our vacation in Cabo last month. Our tour guide Polo, was very knowledgable, fun and funny. After leaving the "city life" behind, we headed into the mountains. It was a hair-raising ride, but fun. Polo told us about the flora and fauna during our hike. Then he took us to a hacienda where we learned how to make tortilla. We also learned about the different types of tequila. Then came lunch, buffet style. We had the most tasty, delicious, lip smacking, finger lickin' good Mexican food....good gracious! We all ate ourselves stupid. All I needed was a hammock after that.

We are definately going on this trip again (even if its just for the food). Polo told us that after the rainfall, it looks like a rainforest up there. I personally could not fathom that, so I have to go back and see for myself. I heard it was beautiful. Don't forget your camera.

N. California
“The other side of Cabo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

Pass all the hotels and beaches here lies the really traditional Cabo. Authentic food and natural landscape of the area. Rustic and Original see the desert surrounding the area. Ride into the desert on a hair raising trip through the back dirt roads. Enjoy real Mexican home cooking and Tequilla tasting the native way. Our guide Polo made the trip! Leave your wallet at home, for once you're not hounded to buy anything, just enjoy!

Idaho
“A very fun day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

My sister,my friend and I were in Cabo end of April. We did the safari trip and were glad we did. Polo was our guide and entertaining to say the least. The knowledge about the culture. plants and animals was shared with us by Polo and awsome to see and hear. The stop for lunch was inetersting. The tortilla making class, tequila class and fresh chickens hanging behind us as we dined made the trip all the more of an adventure. I would highly recommend this trip.