We have enjoyed this place in the past and certainly the staff at the poolside bar and restaurant is amongst the top in the world. The rest of the story was a bit sad. First off it took them 15 minutes to find our reservation after immediately telling us that it couldn't be found in the system. This is not the first time that's happened. Our room assignment was pathetic given we had made the reservation 9 months in advance. The first morning the hot water in the shower was tepid at best even when turned all the way to hot. The water in the pool was warmer. I think they must turn the boiler off at night and fire it back up again at 8:00
I try to keep track of my business via the internet and this time the wireless connection was spotty at best and most of the time impractical to do what I needed to do. A conversation with the GM was somewhat meaningless as he told me they were about to fix the problem and that my next stay would be much better. (If there is one). My wife had to pay for the hardwired connection in their "business center" but at least she could get her email read in less than 45 minutes.
I'd still recommend staying here, but you should get a deal, because it's not quite worth what we have been paying.
It was nice to see it full this time during spring break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Amex, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas