We stayed at Casa Dorada for 5 days last week, and enjoyed our stay overall. After fighting the timeshare sharks in the airport and then once again briefly in the lobby of the resort, we were able to settle in and enjoy our stay. It is a bit annoying to be sent to the "activities desk" for a map of the area, and then learn it's a time share ploy, but after politely syaing "no" a couple of times, we were never bothered again.
We did have one issue at check-in when a previous reservation I made and canceled did not show up as "canceled" in their system, but it was easily resolved. At check-out there was also a dispute over a mini-bar charge, but that was also resolved without issue (make sure to check your mini-bar when you arrive and report missing items to avoid this!).
We had a one bedroom suite which was spacious and stylishly decorated with comfortable furniture. The main terrace was very large and had a great view of the Sea and the rocks to the right. There were a couple of issues as far as construction quality of some of the towel bars and doorknobs (they kept falling off), and some of the things in the room seemed to be made for unusually tall people (I could barely reach the microwave, and would not have been able to reach the wine glasses at all), but other than that, we had no issues with the room.
This is definitely not a place to go for a serene and peaceful environment (except early in the morning and late at night) because it's right on Medano Beach where all of the beach bars, drinking, boats, and watersports are located. It makes for great people-watching from your terrace! The location is great and within walking distance to the town and Marina. Be aware that there is a lot of road construction and uneven terrain and hills, so it can be challenging for some.
We had room service a couple of nights, and while the actual service itself was good, the food was mediocre. The pool service was also a bit slow and nothing special. We would highly recommend the surrounding beach restaurants for food and drinks, and also loved our last meal at the resort restaurant, 12 Tribes. Great service and food.
If you want to be easily in the middle of all of the action and within walking distance to the town, this is the place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Splendia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Tingo, Otel, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.