“Relaxing and great vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Dorada Los Cabos

You added Casa Dorada Los Cabos to your Saves list
Casa Dorada Los Cabos
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Av. Pescador S/N | Col. El Médano, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Anchorage, Alaska
“Relaxing and great vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Casa Dorada over spring break. We were wary about going to Cabo during spring break, but it was an unnecessary concern. Not many spring break students stayed at the Casa Dorada. And if we wanted a bit more of the party scene, we could hit the beach. We had the best of both worlds since poolside of the hotel was pretty sedate -- perfect for lounging and reading. Loved the fish tacos and all the drinks.

The rooms are fantastic! Very spacious and comfortable. Room service wasn't always at the same time, but it didn't affect us too much since we didn't spend much time in our rooms during the day.

There is a mini market across the street where we would pick up a six-pack of beer if we wanted to hang out in our rooms or have a drink in the hot tub after hours. We also went to a large store about a half mile away (whose name escapes me) to buy some breakfast and lunch supplies so we weren't always eating out during our 10-day stay. But there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The hotel restaurants were not very good at all.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_Casa_Dorada, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Dorada Los Cabos, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for having chosen to stay with us and also for taking the time to share your comments. It is a delight knowing that the relaxation theme of our property was accomplished during your stay, after all relaxation is a healthy choice.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward in being a part of your memories again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I had the Vitamin C Facial with Geraldo (Gerry) which was amazing. it was 80 minutes of pure relaxation! I didn't know exactly what to expect and was pleasantly surprised to find it included significant time spent on a massage to the neck, shoulders and head in addition to the facial itself, which was really wonderful. My skin felt great afterwards.
I also had the pleasure of having a free" trial" massage pool side with Imelda and she has magic hands. If I decide I can afford another service I would definitely go to her for a deep tissue massage!
My one disappointment was with the interior of the spa itself- not the actual treatment rooms but the common space. It was far too warm to be comfortable relaxing in there before or after the treatment and they have removed all the lounge chairs and the hammock which were there in past years. Now there are only chairs with backs set at really bizzare angles that were not at all comfortable for me to relax in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having stayed with us and for letting us know about your experience at our Salt Water Spa, our therapists work very hard in order to help our guests find the connection between body, mind and experience and we are delighted to hear you were able to enjoy the magic.

This month we have designed special treatments with seasonal fruits and specials for the mother`s day totally according to your feedback.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments and we look forward into pampering you in our Spa and our property in the near future.
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

stayed for 4 nights in a 1 bedroom suite. very large and had a level one room opening onto the area next to the pool which was very convenient however had no view, I was fine with this. pool staff were very friendly and helpful. short walk into the marina district which can get hot during the middle of the day however youre on the beach so it makes up for it. chocolate brownies from room service are a must.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. Your positive words about our rooms and our staff are very much appreciated. In addition, as you pointed out, our location can certainly make for easy access to the downtown area and the best beach in Cabo.

We hope you stay with us in the future and look forward into spoiling you with some chocolate brownies upon your arrival.
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I enjoyed a 5 night stay at Casa Dorada for my 30th birthday in early March. The hotel grounds and room definitely exceeded my expectations. The rooms are huge, clean and all have amazing views of Medano Beach and Lands End. The service was mostly very good especially by the pool.

I do have a few complaints though. The Wifi is very expensive but you can get it for free in the public areas if you buy a coffee or beverage from their bar. That Wifi wasn't very reliable at all and one day it was down completely. Another complaint was the lack of music of any kind by the pool. There's a small area by the bar that has music but it's also the most crowded area and hard to relax. Even if they had elevator music I'd be happy, just something to distract me from the noise of other people. I asked a few times throughout my stay about it because they have a sound system around the entire pool. Each time I got the run around. One day when I didn't even ask there was music which I though odd. Also, their restaurant 12 Tribes wasn't good at all and very expensive. Go across the street to Bar Esquina for great food, drinks and live music.

Overall Casa Dorada is a great place to stay, especially for extended stays as the rooms are all large and have kitchens. However if you plan on relaxing by the pool the save a chair early as they go quick.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GM_Casa_Dorada, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Dorada Los Cabos, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for being with us. We know there are a number of choices when you travel and we truly appreciate that you decided to stay here with us. It is very rewarding to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful rooms, good service and our excellent views and location.

I am sorry though for your cons and will make sure that the various teams see your comments so that they too can learn how your stay was impacted by their work.

We look forward in hosting you in the near future.
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Fantastic Resort Hotel..great staff, BIG luxurious rooms, open air and really amazing pool.
The pool staff is fantastic and the restaurants were all great. Good private beach one of the only ones to swim and keeps the vendors at bay. Close to famous restaurant clubs. only two words (problems) from keeping it from being a 5. Time Share.. but after a hard fought first 24 hours they begin to back off.. Had to pay for internet which was spotty and slow..
We were there with 2 couples, no kids and had a blast the entire time.. great! I'd recommend..it highly.

Room Tip: The base rooms are amazing.. you really don't have to upgrade, they all have great views of the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this fantastic review of our hotel. As you know, many people work very hard to provide the experience you described and I am so happy you had a wonderful time.

Your comments about our service, the room, the location, the restaurant and our beach were great to read and I am so thankful you were with us.

Thanks again and we sincerely look forward in impacting your stay again.
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have to say that this Hotel is the best option in Los Cabos. The service, the food, the atmosphere is impressive. I have mention their great service and great staff. I had a flight leaving at 7 am, and the Hotel coordinated my transfer to the airport and to my surprise they had a glass of fresh orange juice and a ham and cheese croissant ready for me at the van. This small details are the ones that make the experience even better. Congratulations to the Hotel Staff at Casa Dorada.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for not only staying with us but also for taking the time to share your review.

Everyone at Casa Dorada works hard to provide a brilliant hotel experience for all of our guests and I am so glad you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

We look forward in hosting you again in the near future.
Vail
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have been going to cabo for 9 years at various high end resorts and by far Casa Dorada has the absolute best customer service and staff in cabo. I have two boys 4 and 6 that are treated like little princes by all particularly Josh and Elsye at CasaKidz which the kids love and as parents my husband and i Love that they have a fun, safe place to hang out for an hour or two while we have some time to spend alone together--priceless!! I can't say enough about Josh and Elsye. Gus and the hard working pool staff are also amazing. While it is true that people will save chairs and not be there more than past visits, we never had a issue because Gus and Emilio always hustled to get us chairs, chair cushions, and umbrellas even from the beach! Also they have noodles, floats, lots of books to loan out--everything you could want so that you don't have to drag them with you. My son fell backwards off a pool chair and hit his head just being silly and he was fine but our pool waiter called their medical guy Cesar to check him out (for free--Cesar had already patched up my older son when he stubbed his toe and it was cut kinda bad) and then Gus gave both of the boys a free smoothie. So nice especially since it was my kids goofiness that made them hurt:))
The beach wait/service staff was great too and Emilio brought us umbrellas, sand digging tools for the boys, and cushions for us on the beach--like I said amazing service!,
Laura in concierge took great care of us setting up in-room babysitting (amazing babysitters Josh and Elsye again:)) and making dinner reservations including our anniversary dinner. and our check in was so easy. This has been a major complaint at other resorts in cabo but not here. The front desk staff was friendly and knowledgeable--truly wonderful on a long travel day!! Even the great greeting by Tomas and the valets/bellman makes you feel like your home with their big smiles, nice cold drink, and helpfulness.
Even though it's by mango deck when I am in my room my family and I hear nothing except for cool fireworks a couple of times during our stay which the kids loved. Lovely, clean and contemporary rooms with wonderful maid service and nightly turndown service. we had a large two room suite with full kitchen and messy boys, our housekeeper cleaned and tidied up excellently and thoroughly every day. She brought large extra pillows and extra blankets for the boys because my husband sets the a/c down really cold. Room service was super reasonable, friendly and prompt. The time share hostesses did not bug us at all after we declined their breakfast offer which was a refreshing change from most cabo resorts. Maintenance and wifi issues (on our end their wifi worked great, husband messed up provided password twice) were addressed extremely quickly I really don't have one negative about this amazing hotel. I own a vacation rental/property management business in vail and beaver creek colorado where I live so I have high expectations. I've never been disappointed at casa dorada and I think this time was even better. They've managed to step up their already wonderful customer/guest service!, It's beautiful, prime location, amazing staff, accommodates all clientele from singles to families--a real home away from home feel with 5 star staff and quality!

Room Tip: All rooms have great views
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Wow, what a fantastic review you have written about our hotel recognizing our service and our contributors. It is extremely comforting for our team to know that our service is impacting our guests positively.

Thank you for choosing Casa Dorada and we look forward to your return.

Been to Casa Dorada Los Cabos? Share your experiences!