“Wonderful Beachfront Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Dorada Los Cabos

Save Saved
You added Casa Dorada Los Cabos to your Saves list
Casa Dorada Los Cabos
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Av. Pescador S/N | Col. El Médano, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Detroit, Michigan
“Wonderful Beachfront Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The staff at the hotel were very pleasant and the beach was wonderful. It was not crowded and the staff was very accommodating. You could lay out and watch the activities on the water and in the air. The lunch specials were a good deal, but the restaurant was rather pricey. It is an easy walk to the main part of the town and there are plenty of places to eat and drink nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Sage, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We loved this resort and will surely go back every year. This is a great place for families or couples and right on medano beach, which has alot going on. The restaurants are an easy walk and you can do many activities right on the beach. We loved the room with a great sized kitchen as we had our little one with us. It made it easy for cooking, etc. We ate mostly off of the resort as we like our faviroites on the beach or in town; the Office, Edith's, Romeo and Juliet (italian, in town). The service was excellent and you cannot beat the beach. We hung on the beach everyday we were there and did water activities right form the hotel, it was great. THey are also wonderful with the kiddos and very family freindly. Our little one was 1 1/2 years and asks to go go back all of the time as I show him the pictures we took there. What a great place to stay, I would recommend it to anyone that wants to be right on the main beach in Cabo.

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom suite room with a higher floor. It was well worth the price to have the extra s...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Crystal Lake, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

For being so close to the main town, this hotel is perfect. The view of lands end is awsome. The price was right and the hotel staff was great. We stayed in a junior sweet. Larger than other studios I have stayed in. The beach was okay, but cabos beaches are not known for their beauty. Gotta to to the gulf for that! I would recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Although most people like the top floors, we chose the 3rd floor as it was on the same level as the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisville, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the hotel is clean and the grounds are well kept, but there are better hotels with better service. The rooms were niceThe food was just average. The beach was not very swimmable. It had a huge dip instead of a gradual leveling into the water. The water was freezing and the beach was crowded. If I were you I would pay a little more to get a more secluded beach and better service & better eateries.

The hotel seemed very pushy with timeshares so be cautious!! Whatever they or other hotels offer you is not worth what they put you thru. We went to the Westin for 2 free massages and a free bottle of wine if we attended a timeshare presentation and it was HORRIBLE! We were there for 8 hours and they did not take "No" for an answer. We were recruited by our taxi driver from the airport.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Casa Dorada was awesome! My girlfriend and I spent 3nights and three days here we did not have a single complaint. The staff was hospitable and friendly. Make sure you stop by and say hello to Julio. Julio is the hotel's concierge. But he's just not any ordinary concierge, he is passionate in what he does and it shows. He arranged a romantic dinner for my girlfriend and I on the beach. Something highly recommended for all couples. Private table on the beach, fire pit, dedicated server(ask for aquillis), flowers on the table, the sound of the waves...the whole setup cost $35, seriously. Our room was clean clean clean. We upgraded to a one bedroom suite, with two balconies, after sleeping in our king size bed the first night, we brought the mattress out on the balcony and never slept in the room again, it was great, and no bugs! We had room service every morning and it was good. The pool area was awesome, there are cabanas and also a swim up bar.

If you are looking for accommodations centrally located to the beach, restaurants, and the clubs and bars downtown, Casa Dorada is the spot.

Don't forget to stop by the concierge office and say hello to Julio!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our welcome drink was tasty and strong. The property is gorgeous with an incredible location. We literally walked to everything including up and down Medano Beach, the port, restaurants, clubs etc.

Eney checked us in, it was easy and fast, but after all the mess with our meal plans, which she gave us our vouchers at check in with no guidance, I was upset they did not fill us in on what restaurants, what times, etc to use meal vouchers. That would have been nice and very helpful.

We had room 428 south wing almost to end, it was an inlet room. The room next to us, 427 jets out with nicer views. We had mini loungers on our patio. Others had lounge chairs and table and chairs

Yes, as past viewers indicated (which is why I requested a room on a higher up floor), it flooded and CD did an ok job with towels-but slow on putting them out. The tile got really slippery and I did see people fall. The bottom floors were really flooded. Ours, the 4th floor just flooded where the water sprayed in due to wind and the rain.

The room had a blender, coffee maker (bring own coffee, expensive), four wine glasses,
Huge tub with jets, bring cleaning supplies because mold in jets shot out the first time we used it. No big deal, we have one at home and this can happen. Comfy bed and bedding.

Amazing housekkepers!!! I, as you can see from past reviews and super duper OCD on the cleanness of my room, and they were above and beyond. Great job!! I loved the turn down service with the Hershey kisses and new towels replaced old ones as well.

Noise from rooms up above like people are moving furniture around all day and all night. Odd.

Hand held blow dryer, mom's room had one stuck to the wall. Shower head very powerful, always had steaming hot water. Lighting horrible in vanity area but they have a cosmetic mirror so I just took that into the bathroom.

Different thing to note: the tv stations ( a ton to chose from) were different in bedroom vs the living room. We only got ESPN in the living room so my hubby spent a lot of the time in there watching all the college bowl games.

Free wifi at 12 Tribes. They have to give you the code. Sign by the outside bar that says so, they do not tell you they have it.

Pool chairs taken by 9 am but the hotel was at max capacity. Gustavo-pool drink guy who was awesome, very friendly, he got our drinks quickly, drinks looked tropical and were an awesome price, 2 for 1 sometimes. Pool concierge pulled over table, chairs and umbrella’s over for us around 1 pm and I thanked him with a special tip.

$140 8 pax Casa Dorada to Airport. From the door of CD to the airport, it took 45 minutes because all lanes go to one booth open on toll road to airport. That took a while due to traffic.

The not so good now: Mom and Dad got stuck in elevators on the wings of the hotel for 15 minutes. They pushed the call button and the emergency button and finally someone came to rescue them. The elevator got stuck between the floors so the guys went to the upper floor to pull my mom out through the top while my dad pushed her. She was shaking so bad from being scared. The rest of the trip, none of us took the elevators. When we told the Globe quest travel club guy at our update presentation, he said he knew about elevators on wings getting stuck and to use only the main one. Wow, thanks for the warning and lost vacation time Casa Dorada. Not only did that make us mad, my parents also missed the first 20 min of our pre-paid spot at Mango Deck to watch the UFC fights. They got a fruit basked in the room the next day as a make up for the inconvenience.

We got a notice (maintenance works on the water system at night) from Enrique Turcott (GM) after dinner, so about 10:30 pm (we went to dinner at 7 pm) that the water would be shut off starting at 11 pm till 5 am. I did everything I needed to do in a hurry to get to bed. It did not turn on at 5. When it did, the pipes had air in them, shot brown water all over me (mind you I was headed to the airport and already packed my bags). Not happy. It finally came on at 7:45 am. Brown and no hot water at all. UGhh. At 6:30 am, a huge thumping noise and what sounded like an animal dying occurred in our bathroom, waking me up. I guess it was the water running back through the pipes or something.

My mother and I both spoke with Aswaldo, the front desk manager after night one of our horrible 12 Tribes dinning experience. He promised us he would speak with the manager of the restaurant and our experience would be different. Please see my separate review on the 12 tribes. Too long to list here, but in the end, I would never ever go there again. Ever!

Lack of organization of management. One person needs to make an executive decision then share it with other managers, to let their employees know. So many differences where ever we went. For instance, the Casa Dorada Beach Club for lunch said it was open till 6 pm, we ask concierge who said 6 pm, as well as the flyer in our room however it closed at 5 pm. Another thing: our Globequest meal plan. Different places had different options. The breakfast place let us have just entrée. Beach Club gave us appetizer, entrée and dessert and 12 tribes gave us entrée and dessert. Odd since it was the same breakfast/lunch voucher.

I would love to come back to Casa Dorada once they fix their elevator issues, plumbing issues as well as the lack of organization throughout the property. It is a gorgeous property with well appointed rooms that are beautiful and you can't beat the location!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Oh Wow, I can't believe I never reviewed this hotel. I'm very late with my review but better late than never, I guess. February 2010 is when I actually visited this resort.

The location of Casa Dorada is perfect, it's right on the beach with a gorgeous view of lands end. Walking distance to town and the marina. The Marina is beautiful with lots of dinning options and there's a great mall there.

Upon arrival we were politely greeted, as always in Mexico, check in went quick. We had booked a junior suite, we were taken to our room, upon entering I had a mild panic attack! Rather comical now, because the worst room at this resort is still awesome however not so funny at the time. The room we entered was on the ground level, much smaller than the room I booked, missing an entire area; the living room area. This room was dark, small with two (TWO!) full sized beds. Maybe this is a Mexican queen bed, I wouldn't know since all the resorts I stayed at in Mexico always had king size beds. But I'm 5'8 and honestly my legs hung out of the bed. Then I continued to walk to the patio door and opened the curtains to see so much traffic moving right in front of our room!

I was extremely upset, as we paid rates for the junior suite and couldn't understand what happened. I made two phone calls to the front desk and was pretty much told there were no other rooms available and there was nothing they could do... Now I had gotten even more frantic (haha the memory is funny) and I walked to the front desk and tried to calmly (yet I'm sure I had a sad, pathetic and depressing face on) explain that this is not the room I booked and there is no way we will sleep in separate beds. This is not the vacation I planned. The gentleman at the front desk was a doll, I sincerely believe he was heart broken for my sad sorry self.

As it turns out there was some system problem with their computers and they had messed up a bunch of reservations. There were guests in the lobby who had to be taken to the resort next door. This wonderful man explained what happened and assured me that he will have a different room for me the next day and that I should just leave my bags ready and they will arrange the move to the new room.

I returned to the room and then began to think and realize how incredibly ridiculous my feelings were as we were in this stunning resort in Mexico with a gorgeous beach and setting yet I'm flipping over a room. With that being said I got over the room issue and we started having our fabulous vacation! The following day I got a phone call from the gentlemen I spoke to the day before and he said I have something wonderful for you and took us to our new suite, he upgraded us to a 1,381 square-foot one bedroom suite. with a view of the gorgeous ocean and lands end! This suite is beyond stunning. Book this suite if you go here you will not regret it. I couldn't believe we got this room with that view, it was just beautiful. After seeing this suite I was convinced the the first room we got is most likely a room for staff and not even a room used for guests because I still cannot find a double bed room bookable with them. But things happen and they made up for the mishap with the upgrade.

The property is lovely, the pools are beautiful at night they had fire pits lit up. The food at the restaurant was absolutely delicious and decently priced. The beach was lovely they were offering two for one drinks for happy hour. The hotel is located on the best spot you can walk down the beach in the evening and chose from an array ofr restaurants right on the sand. We had a lovely and romantic dinner on the beach twice.

We had a memorable time here. I truly cannot wait to return and when I do I will stay at Casa Dorada in the one bedroom suite.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Dorada Los Cabos? Share your experiences!