Our welcome drink was tasty and strong. The property is gorgeous with an incredible location. We literally walked to everything including up and down Medano Beach, the port, restaurants, clubs etc.
Eney checked us in, it was easy and fast, but after all the mess with our meal plans, which she gave us our vouchers at check in with no guidance, I was upset they did not fill us in on what restaurants, what times, etc to use meal vouchers. That would have been nice and very helpful.
We had room 428 south wing almost to end, it was an inlet room. The room next to us, 427 jets out with nicer views. We had mini loungers on our patio. Others had lounge chairs and table and chairs
Yes, as past viewers indicated (which is why I requested a room on a higher up floor), it flooded and CD did an ok job with towels-but slow on putting them out. The tile got really slippery and I did see people fall. The bottom floors were really flooded. Ours, the 4th floor just flooded where the water sprayed in due to wind and the rain.
The room had a blender, coffee maker (bring own coffee, expensive), four wine glasses,
Huge tub with jets, bring cleaning supplies because mold in jets shot out the first time we used it. No big deal, we have one at home and this can happen. Comfy bed and bedding.
Amazing housekkepers!!! I, as you can see from past reviews and super duper OCD on the cleanness of my room, and they were above and beyond. Great job!! I loved the turn down service with the Hershey kisses and new towels replaced old ones as well.
Noise from rooms up above like people are moving furniture around all day and all night. Odd.
Hand held blow dryer, mom's room had one stuck to the wall. Shower head very powerful, always had steaming hot water. Lighting horrible in vanity area but they have a cosmetic mirror so I just took that into the bathroom.
Different thing to note: the tv stations ( a ton to chose from) were different in bedroom vs the living room. We only got ESPN in the living room so my hubby spent a lot of the time in there watching all the college bowl games.
Free wifi at 12 Tribes. They have to give you the code. Sign by the outside bar that says so, they do not tell you they have it.
Pool chairs taken by 9 am but the hotel was at max capacity. Gustavo-pool drink guy who was awesome, very friendly, he got our drinks quickly, drinks looked tropical and were an awesome price, 2 for 1 sometimes. Pool concierge pulled over table, chairs and umbrella’s over for us around 1 pm and I thanked him with a special tip.
$140 8 pax Casa Dorada to Airport. From the door of CD to the airport, it took 45 minutes because all lanes go to one booth open on toll road to airport. That took a while due to traffic.
The not so good now: Mom and Dad got stuck in elevators on the wings of the hotel for 15 minutes. They pushed the call button and the emergency button and finally someone came to rescue them. The elevator got stuck between the floors so the guys went to the upper floor to pull my mom out through the top while my dad pushed her. She was shaking so bad from being scared. The rest of the trip, none of us took the elevators. When we told the Globe quest travel club guy at our update presentation, he said he knew about elevators on wings getting stuck and to use only the main one. Wow, thanks for the warning and lost vacation time Casa Dorada. Not only did that make us mad, my parents also missed the first 20 min of our pre-paid spot at Mango Deck to watch the UFC fights. They got a fruit basked in the room the next day as a make up for the inconvenience.
We got a notice (maintenance works on the water system at night) from Enrique Turcott (GM) after dinner, so about 10:30 pm (we went to dinner at 7 pm) that the water would be shut off starting at 11 pm till 5 am. I did everything I needed to do in a hurry to get to bed. It did not turn on at 5. When it did, the pipes had air in them, shot brown water all over me (mind you I was headed to the airport and already packed my bags). Not happy. It finally came on at 7:45 am. Brown and no hot water at all. UGhh. At 6:30 am, a huge thumping noise and what sounded like an animal dying occurred in our bathroom, waking me up. I guess it was the water running back through the pipes or something.
My mother and I both spoke with Aswaldo, the front desk manager after night one of our horrible 12 Tribes dinning experience. He promised us he would speak with the manager of the restaurant and our experience would be different. Please see my separate review on the 12 tribes. Too long to list here, but in the end, I would never ever go there again. Ever!
Lack of organization of management. One person needs to make an executive decision then share it with other managers, to let their employees know. So many differences where ever we went. For instance, the Casa Dorada Beach Club for lunch said it was open till 6 pm, we ask concierge who said 6 pm, as well as the flyer in our room however it closed at 5 pm. Another thing: our Globequest meal plan. Different places had different options. The breakfast place let us have just entrée. Beach Club gave us appetizer, entrée and dessert and 12 tribes gave us entrée and dessert. Odd since it was the same breakfast/lunch voucher.
I would love to come back to Casa Dorada once they fix their elevator issues, plumbing issues as well as the lack of organization throughout the property. It is a gorgeous property with well appointed rooms that are beautiful and you can't beat the location!!
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Splendia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Tingo, Otel, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.