We spent 7 days at Casa Dorada. Three couples. The resort is clean, well staffed and very close to the action. The pool area is great, its not the party scene you see at the all inclusives but we had three couples so we didn't need someone in a wrestling mask and bullhorn to get our day going. My wife and I would walk 3 minutes down the street to the marina every morning. You can walk anywhere from Casa Dorada which we loved. We will return to this resort.
I hear everyone talking about the pushy time share people, they were there but not a huge issue. Mexico trips are filled with "salespeople" from the moment you get off the plane. The sales people just need a "no thank you." We were NEVER approached while relaxing in the resort at the pool. If you can't say no to people and mean it, don't go to Mexico.
Onsite Restaurant was Good but it was the highest priced meal we had all week and probably the least favorite of our group. There are tons of really good restaurants within 3 blocks of Casa D.
Make sure you eat lunch at "The Office", its a beach restaurant just in front to Casa D. Throw on a shirt with your trunks and eat lunch there. Very authentic food and extremely good. We ate lunch there 4 times during the week.
You can walk anywhere for food, drinks or just to excersize.
Marina is a nice place to walk the boardwalk.
Drinks were good and not that expensive
Nice Pool, Nice beach area for Cabo.
Wal-Mart is $8 cab ride for supplies
Internet Access. Seriously it's 2013 get WiFi figured out. it was a joke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas