“Best Hotel Rooms in Cabo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Dorada Los Cabos

You added Casa Dorada Los Cabos to your Saves list
Casa Dorada Los Cabos
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Av. Pescador S/N | Col. El Médano, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Brentwood, California
“Best Hotel Rooms in Cabo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Casa Dorada had me at the front doors, when I walked in and got a thru view past their immense triple-story lobby, past their pool, all the way to the ocean. Wow! But then the real fun began. Wonderful service got us to our hotel room, but I almost fell over when I walked into our room. We had an executive suite, with a full kitchen a dining area for 8, full living room, separate master bedroom, amazing 2-person jetted tub, and beautiful master bathroom. Plus patios overlooking the beach (all rooms face the beach). This IS a time-share, so you need to either tell them a clear "no" when they offer up the time share presentation, or just sit through it to get your free gifts. I will tell you now that although we had no intention of getting a time share, our experience at Casa Dorada changed our minds. We could easily see ourselves coming here for years to come. So after a few days, we changed our no to a yes, listened to the presentation, negotiated a good deal (thanks to my hubby, pro negotiator), and have been going back here for the last 3 years. Nothing's changed, it's still as great as ever. If you are definitely not into time shares, just tell them firmly no after you check in, they will leave you alone and you can enjoy your stay at this AMAZING hotel. I highly recommend the spa, and it's also very kid friendly with a kid pool, day care, and nighttime babysitting if you want to go out for a special night. It also has their cordoned off area on the beach. And easy walk to town. We love everything about this place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Had a great trip to Cabo in December of 12 in a one bedroom at the Casa Dorada, Cabo. The hotel is right in the middle of the action at Medano beach and a 10 minute walk to town and the marina. It sits right behind the Mango Deck where there is non-stop people watching and entertainment. It can get old after a few days, but it's a great option when you can bounce between the action and a quite pool area. Overall the hotel is very nice. A few inconveniences here and there like ice machines not working and occassionally an elevator out of service........but nothing you can't work around. It would be nice if the kitchen was a bit better stocked, especially if you were doing much cooking in the room. Since it was just my wife and I, it wasn't a big deal as we eat lite in the AM and usually go out for dinner in the evening. A great place to stay....next trip I plan to take my kids who are 18, 24 and 26. We will be sure to stay at the Casa Dorada again.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view. Try to get 4th floor or higher. You do hear the music and...
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We searched online for the perfect place to celebrate my graduation from college. My girlfriend and I decided Casa Dorada would be a great choice, and having been to Cabo before, I knew it was a pretty good location. We booked a room at a little over 200 per night, much more than other hotels in the area, but it's newer, so I figured we'd give it a shot.

When we checked in, it was raining like crazy, not the hotel's fault, but they tried to put me on the bottom floor.. not going to happen with 3 inch puddles everywhere and a swamp for a patio. When I went back the front desk to ask for a better room, Emmanuel told me there were no more rooms available and that was all he could say. After a little more effort, he found a "better" room on the second floor; still no view, but no flooding either. I had told him we wanted a view of the water or to be above the pool, as the website shows. Our room was huge, probably 1700 sq ft, way too big for the two of us, and he told me that we were upgraded to an executive suite, which I think everyone gets, but he wouldn't give us anything higher, kind of a let down. It was especially annoying when, later in the week, it was obvious that the hotel wasn't full; there were always seats available at the pool, and never a wait to talk to anyone.

So it's raining and flooding, can't really go anywhere, so we want to hang out in the room, get some room service and watch a movie. No free Wifi? Ok, how much is it? $14 a day, for one device; I didn't even bother to ask how much the RoomLinx system costs, as it has unlimited movie viewing, simple internet, and such. So here we were, in Cabo, stuck in our room, with nothing to do, kind of ridiculous.

When the weather cleared up, things were great. The pool was nice, and fairly quiet. Not too many kids, which we love. The location is amazing, close to everything you want to see: Mango Deck, The Office, swimming, the Marina, the mall, fairly close to the clubs. The staff and security were really friendly, which was surprising because I had read that they were difficult. Everyone on the staff was really great.

This review seems somewhat negative, but I do plan on staying here again. I liked the place, and even without a view because we were only on the second floor, I would stay in that room again. I just gave them 4/5 because they wouldn't give us a better room and there was sure some available, and the Wifi is so expensive (not free). Here's a tip, Mango Deck has free Wifi if you go there, and 2 for 1 domestic drinks all the time, the pool only has 2 for 1 on certain drinks at certain times/days. Oh and room service was cold, although it was 6 am so they might've been understaffed? Regardless, I don't like cold hot cakes.

Room Tip: Call and request a room on the east side of the hotel. Number like 104, 202, 308 won't have a gr...
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Instead of Vegas; Cabo! Casa Dorada did not disappoint, and 12 50 year old something guys met up for a weekend of Celebration. We walked in the main lobby for check in (see photo) and I was immediately handed a margarita. That set the tone. Good Service and Cleanliness surrounded us. The Best Views in Cabo enveloped us. The rooms (Jr. Suites) are huge and come with a kitchenette. We were in room #221, and it was almost perfect; no loud noise like some reviewers have spoken about, ground level access, and all around comfort. The only complaint: our hot water was lukewarm at best, so make sure it is fixed if you take that room. Oh yeah, the room was close to the underutilized downstairs bar (there were no problems with the location). If you want a clean, classy, friendly place with it's own private beach, than this is your place. The Mango Bar and The Office are located in front of the hotel on the right side if looking at the beach. You don't have to wonder too far for good food and fun.

Room Tip: Room #221: Ground level corner room with excellent pool area access off of the oversized veranda. N...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We loved Casa Dorada. From the moment you get out of the cab you have a breath taking view. So beautiful! This hotel probably has the best view in Cabo. The hotel right on the beach and walking distance to many of the beach clubs. The pool is also very nice and clean. The room was large, comfortable, and had that same great view. The service was also top notch. We had the included breakfast which was very good. Next time we are in Cabo we will definitely return to Casa Dorada.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I normally stay at the ME next door but decided to try a new place. Casa Dorada is very nice- the rooms are nice and big we has a suite (or junior sweet) with a great view. We were located behind Mangos but didn't seem to be bothered by the noise. The pool area is very nice and clean. Everyone we talked with seemed very helpful and polite. We didn't eat there so I cannot comment on the food. My only negative is with the timeshare sales people when you walk in- once you check in the will follow you..... it was a bit uncomfortable but we seemed to get away. The location is great and very close to town- just a short walk. Nice place- would definitely go back

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Casa Dorada is as close to the beach as you could get!
This was our first non inclusive Mexico vacation. I don't regret it. I don't think it was that much more expensive and the food was amazing!
The breathtaking view as you enter the hotel set the tone for the entire vacation. We have been to many places in Mexico but this has to be my favorite spots. The hotel is very clean and well kept.The service was perfect. The pools are quiet enough that having a balcony that overlooked the pool was a delight. The hotel is also just a few doors down from some of the best restaurants in Cabo. They are also right on the beach dining. They just can't be beat. So ladies, if you wanted to wear heals, go for it! It is a very short walk :o) There is a nice mall about 7-10 minutes away that had some nice shops. We did hit downtown Cabo to go to Cabo Wabo. It was a short taxi ride.
Favorite things about this hotel:
Views and location
Excellent Service
Spa (with massage therapist Abbey) was relaxing and PERFECT! They had daily spa specials.
Breakfast overlooking the ocean.
Awesome breakfast buffet that you can take it back to your room too.
Nice sports bar with pool table
Workout area next to spa with spa drinks
Great food out by the pool with daily drink and appetizer specials
The Room! HUGE! 2 entrances to the bathroom and bedroom. Nice Kitchen and dining area.
2 balconies both overlooking the pool and ocean.
Huge Tub. That was so clean I could actually use!
Very upscale night time dining overlooking the ocean

I can't think of anything else except, we are going back as soon as we can. We might even take the kids next time! This was one of my favorite places!!!!!

Room Tip: I think all rooms overlook the pool and ocean. They are all Suites with 2 balconies. Can't go wo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Dorada Los Cabos? Share your experiences!