We searched online for the perfect place to celebrate my graduation from college. My girlfriend and I decided Casa Dorada would be a great choice, and having been to Cabo before, I knew it was a pretty good location. We booked a room at a little over 200 per night, much more than other hotels in the area, but it's newer, so I figured we'd give it a shot.
When we checked in, it was raining like crazy, not the hotel's fault, but they tried to put me on the bottom floor.. not going to happen with 3 inch puddles everywhere and a swamp for a patio. When I went back the front desk to ask for a better room, Emmanuel told me there were no more rooms available and that was all he could say. After a little more effort, he found a "better" room on the second floor; still no view, but no flooding either. I had told him we wanted a view of the water or to be above the pool, as the website shows. Our room was huge, probably 1700 sq ft, way too big for the two of us, and he told me that we were upgraded to an executive suite, which I think everyone gets, but he wouldn't give us anything higher, kind of a let down. It was especially annoying when, later in the week, it was obvious that the hotel wasn't full; there were always seats available at the pool, and never a wait to talk to anyone.
So it's raining and flooding, can't really go anywhere, so we want to hang out in the room, get some room service and watch a movie. No free Wifi? Ok, how much is it? $14 a day, for one device; I didn't even bother to ask how much the RoomLinx system costs, as it has unlimited movie viewing, simple internet, and such. So here we were, in Cabo, stuck in our room, with nothing to do, kind of ridiculous.
When the weather cleared up, things were great. The pool was nice, and fairly quiet. Not too many kids, which we love. The location is amazing, close to everything you want to see: Mango Deck, The Office, swimming, the Marina, the mall, fairly close to the clubs. The staff and security were really friendly, which was surprising because I had read that they were difficult. Everyone on the staff was really great.
This review seems somewhat negative, but I do plan on staying here again. I liked the place, and even without a view because we were only on the second floor, I would stay in that room again. I just gave them 4/5 because they wouldn't give us a better room and there was sure some available, and the Wifi is so expensive (not free). Here's a tip, Mango Deck has free Wifi if you go there, and 2 for 1 domestic drinks all the time, the pool only has 2 for 1 on certain drinks at certain times/days. Oh and room service was cold, although it was 6 am so they might've been understaffed? Regardless, I don't like cold hot cakes.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TravelClick, Splendia, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Olotels, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.