“Great hotel, almost perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Dorada Los Cabos

Save Saved
You added Casa Dorada Los Cabos to your Saves list
Casa Dorada Los Cabos
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Av. Pescador S/N | Col. El Médano, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #14 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Seattle
“Great hotel, almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We searched online for the perfect place to celebrate my graduation from college. My girlfriend and I decided Casa Dorada would be a great choice, and having been to Cabo before, I knew it was a pretty good location. We booked a room at a little over 200 per night, much more than other hotels in the area, but it's newer, so I figured we'd give it a shot.

When we checked in, it was raining like crazy, not the hotel's fault, but they tried to put me on the bottom floor.. not going to happen with 3 inch puddles everywhere and a swamp for a patio. When I went back the front desk to ask for a better room, Emmanuel told me there were no more rooms available and that was all he could say. After a little more effort, he found a "better" room on the second floor; still no view, but no flooding either. I had told him we wanted a view of the water or to be above the pool, as the website shows. Our room was huge, probably 1700 sq ft, way too big for the two of us, and he told me that we were upgraded to an executive suite, which I think everyone gets, but he wouldn't give us anything higher, kind of a let down. It was especially annoying when, later in the week, it was obvious that the hotel wasn't full; there were always seats available at the pool, and never a wait to talk to anyone.

So it's raining and flooding, can't really go anywhere, so we want to hang out in the room, get some room service and watch a movie. No free Wifi? Ok, how much is it? $14 a day, for one device; I didn't even bother to ask how much the RoomLinx system costs, as it has unlimited movie viewing, simple internet, and such. So here we were, in Cabo, stuck in our room, with nothing to do, kind of ridiculous.

When the weather cleared up, things were great. The pool was nice, and fairly quiet. Not too many kids, which we love. The location is amazing, close to everything you want to see: Mango Deck, The Office, swimming, the Marina, the mall, fairly close to the clubs. The staff and security were really friendly, which was surprising because I had read that they were difficult. Everyone on the staff was really great.

This review seems somewhat negative, but I do plan on staying here again. I liked the place, and even without a view because we were only on the second floor, I would stay in that room again. I just gave them 4/5 because they wouldn't give us a better room and there was sure some available, and the Wifi is so expensive (not free). Here's a tip, Mango Deck has free Wifi if you go there, and 2 for 1 domestic drinks all the time, the pool only has 2 for 1 on certain drinks at certain times/days. Oh and room service was cold, although it was 6 am so they might've been understaffed? Regardless, I don't like cold hot cakes.

Room Tip: Call and request a room on the east side of the hotel. Number like 104, 202, 308 won't have a gr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

1,101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Instead of Vegas; Cabo! Casa Dorada did not disappoint, and 12 50 year old something guys met up for a weekend of Celebration. We walked in the main lobby for check in (see photo) and I was immediately handed a margarita. That set the tone. Good Service and Cleanliness surrounded us. The Best Views in Cabo enveloped us. The rooms (Jr. Suites) are huge and come with a kitchenette. We were in room #221, and it was almost perfect; no loud noise like some reviewers have spoken about, ground level access, and all around comfort. The only complaint: our hot water was lukewarm at best, so make sure it is fixed if you take that room. Oh yeah, the room was close to the underutilized downstairs bar (there were no problems with the location). If you want a clean, classy, friendly place with it's own private beach, than this is your place. The Mango Bar and The Office are located in front of the hotel on the right side if looking at the beach. You don't have to wonder too far for good food and fun.

Room Tip: Room #221: Ground level corner room with excellent pool area access off of the oversized veranda. N...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We loved Casa Dorada. From the moment you get out of the cab you have a breath taking view. So beautiful! This hotel probably has the best view in Cabo. The hotel right on the beach and walking distance to many of the beach clubs. The pool is also very nice and clean. The room was large, comfortable, and had that same great view. The service was also top notch. We had the included breakfast which was very good. Next time we are in Cabo we will definitely return to Casa Dorada.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I normally stay at the ME next door but decided to try a new place. Casa Dorada is very nice- the rooms are nice and big we has a suite (or junior sweet) with a great view. We were located behind Mangos but didn't seem to be bothered by the noise. The pool area is very nice and clean. Everyone we talked with seemed very helpful and polite. We didn't eat there so I cannot comment on the food. My only negative is with the timeshare sales people when you walk in- once you check in the will follow you..... it was a bit uncomfortable but we seemed to get away. The location is great and very close to town- just a short walk. Nice place- would definitely go back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Casa Dorada is as close to the beach as you could get!
This was our first non inclusive Mexico vacation. I don't regret it. I don't think it was that much more expensive and the food was amazing!
The breathtaking view as you enter the hotel set the tone for the entire vacation. We have been to many places in Mexico but this has to be my favorite spots. The hotel is very clean and well kept.The service was perfect. The pools are quiet enough that having a balcony that overlooked the pool was a delight. The hotel is also just a few doors down from some of the best restaurants in Cabo. They are also right on the beach dining. They just can't be beat. So ladies, if you wanted to wear heals, go for it! It is a very short walk :o) There is a nice mall about 7-10 minutes away that had some nice shops. We did hit downtown Cabo to go to Cabo Wabo. It was a short taxi ride.
Favorite things about this hotel:
Views and location
Excellent Service
Spa (with massage therapist Abbey) was relaxing and PERFECT! They had daily spa specials.
Breakfast overlooking the ocean.
Awesome breakfast buffet that you can take it back to your room too.
Nice sports bar with pool table
Workout area next to spa with spa drinks
Great food out by the pool with daily drink and appetizer specials
The Room! HUGE! 2 entrances to the bathroom and bedroom. Nice Kitchen and dining area.
2 balconies both overlooking the pool and ocean.
Huge Tub. That was so clean I could actually use!
Very upscale night time dining overlooking the ocean

I can't think of anything else except, we are going back as soon as we can. We might even take the kids next time! This was one of my favorite places!!!!!

Room Tip: I think all rooms overlook the pool and ocean. They are all Suites with 2 balconies. Can't go wo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've been to Cabo 3 times, and stayed at different hotels each time. Casa Dorada is definitely the nicest of the hotels I have stayed at in Cabo. It's very modern and beautiful. The rooms are clean, large, and very nice. The hotel itself is in the best location of Cabo -- you go out of the hotel, right onto the sand, and you're in the heart of everything -- all the bars and all of the water activities.

It is definitely pricey for Cabo, but if your budget allows for it, I would highly recommend . . .

Room Tip: If possible, get a balcony room with an ocean view -- it's absolutely stunning!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are huge, clean, all with great views. The staff was awesome, fast service to any request, polite and all speak perfect English. This location is right on Mendo Beach so if you want isolation, not your place. 5.00 water taxi to the marina or 10 min walk. Great restaurants within 10 min walking.
Just had to tell the timeshare people No and they left me alone. Its worth getting that No out of the way immediately or they will keep asking.
Internet 12.00 day or the marina has public wifi for free. The hotel is immaculate, the pool is perfect and rooms are huge with cable.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Casa Dorada Los Cabos? Share your experiences!