My wife and I along with another couple just returned July 1, 2010 we had a wonderful time at the RIU Santa Fe. We stayed in the suite room 7145 our friends had 7150. The room looked right at the ocean and pool in building 7. Its an off peak time so it wasn't too crowded never had an issue finding a chair by the pool. We enjoyed the entire staff and grounds that were kept perfect every day. Our suite was awsome worth the upgrade...if available you should do it, cheaper when booking than when checking in. Food was ok, its a buffet.
Beach, we saw waves 20 feet high crashing in with people swiming in it. Tip! if the locals are not swiming in it you should probably think twice about it. Please dont let the little ones near it either. We heard about a child that was pulled out and the parent went in to save the child. The child lived but the parent did not. Just stay at the pools and enjoy the views.
Went into downtown just about every night. Went to Cabo Wabo just to say we went there and the cover band was really good. Went back the next night to see if they were playing but found out they were off and coming back the next night. On the third night we saw the Bass guitarist, Shavo Odadjian and drummer, John Dolmayan from system of a down sitting in the crowd. My buddy got a photo with Shavo.You have to love the capabilities of an Iphone. Checked out Giggiling Marlin, watch out for the shots as you walk in, not free but $5.00. Pretty good crowd there as well. Love Shack small but band was good.
Only ate in town twice since we were at all inclusive but The Office had good views, tables and chairs are in the sand on the beach wild atmosphere with Rambo. We also ate at the Baja Cantina at the marina pretty good as well.
We did one day trip for the Cactus ATV. This was pretty cool. Left hotel at 9 am about a 30 minute drive to the ranch. Quick low down on the four wheelers and off you go. Into the baja cactus' on both sides for about an hour and a half. We then went to the beach did some sand dunes and trials and back to the ranch. We were back at the hotel dust covered by 1:30 It was awsome. We booked it through our hotel travelocity guy for 70.00 a person. Guides were great and funny, If you go look for the mexican laptop!
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.