Just returned from a fabulous trip at the Riu Santa Fe. We stayed in building 7 and had the romantic oceanfront room we requested. Did some fantastic diving on our 2nd day with 89 degree waters. Unforunately all of that changed with the arrival of Hurricane Jimena. However the hotel did a fantastic job in how they handled the situation. Guests were not panicked and felt well taken care of - with food delivered to our building lobby during the worst of the weather situation. At no point were we concerned about our safety or the knowledge of the hotel staff. We never lost power and awoke the next day to find no significant damage to the hotel. It is an all inclusive, which means the buffet food can get boring after so many days. I would highly recommend taking a day or two to go to the marina, do some shopping and visiting the local establishments. We also rented a car at the hotel and spent a few hours in Todos Santos (approximately 1 hour north). Charlie from FunJet was great and did not push any trips or activities on us. One warning - NEVER stop in the airport once you are thru passport control. You are constantly harassed by locals looking to get you to buy into timeshares and they will use every excuse imaginable. Simply walk briskly to the exits and do not engage in any conversations and you will be fine - your transportation will be waiting for you outside the airport. Overall we had a great trip and really enjoyed the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos