This was our second visit to the Riu Santa Fe within the past 18 months(2 Week Stay) and were not disappointed! That being said, we only have three issues, 1) The Coffee and 2) The Beach and 3, the Internet Service.
1) We have stayed at various Riu's but have noticed that the Riu has changed the Coffee Brand, not only at the Santa Fe but at the other locations as well, seems to be a Instant Coffee Brand, in all Restraunts within the Property, the only place to receive a respectable Coffee is at the Sports Bar, from which is open 24 Hours. The Riu has to revisit this change as most North Americans do like their Coffee!
2) The Beach itself has a Great Color of Water, a Good walk to the East, about a 30 min walk each way toward the rocks but is indeed wide but the Beach has basically has 3 Levels with the 3rd top level being flat but slops sharply as you go toward the water, hard to walk. As many have warned, unless you are a Terrific swimmer, you cannot go into the water as there is a drop about 12 feet in, with a under tow that can cause damage, again, unless you are a swimmer, so beware! There are life guards directly on the beach and will warn you if they notice that you are too far out. The same holds true wealking toward the West, 3 levels, you can walk toward the Marina, about a 60 min walk.
3) You do have 90 min of free internet service but this is a straight 90 min, If you log on lets say for a 10 min period to check email and log off, you figure, you have 80 min left for later in the day, No, after you login to your initial time, this runs for the 90 min straight, regardless if you log off, close your wifi etc, so if you try later in the day, you will receive a notice that you have expired your free time, I complained at the frony desk via duty Manager, he explained this process and called tech to allow me further time.
Now, the Hotel, the rooms are cleaned and stocked every day, lots of Hot Water, showers are Good. We stayed within building 7, the closest to the Beach, we had no noice issues at night- were never in the room during the day. Each room has a air conditioner as well as a fan, the only room issue, no exhaust fan within the washroom. Each room has a safe, building 1 is the furtherest away from the beach!
Staff were friendly, I had no issues with the hotel, the only issue was with the tour Company that we arrived with, Sun Wing, their reps were no help at all, one didn't even speak english! We walked along the dirt road, west of the security check point, this does lead you to the Marina as well, or you can take a Bus, just along the entry road for $1.00 (10 Peso's) per person, or a cab at a cost.
People complain about the Food but how can you, there are 4 restraunts along with the Buffett, lots to choose from, I would not to go at 6 as obviously the early food prep is early in the afternoon, so go later, 7 for example to ensure of a Hot Meal, excellent food choices! We saw many, many males, go to Dinner with Muscle Shirts, this is a No, No, how can a male dress up and his partnet always dress up, please have a shirt with at least a collar and sleeves, they will advise you as you enter to go back and change, Cheers! The Dinner Building does allow casual dress but Females have to have a cover up.
The pool areas are cleaned each and every day, I believe there are 4 pools, I was up early and the desks are hosed down, chairs are cleaned.
We would go back again, but Please bring back the Coffee!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos