Just got back from 5 days at the Santa Fe. The reason for the title is that this is NOT a "romantic" getaway for couples. If you are looking for that, go to Dreams Hotel.
This hotel is definitely for the person or people looking to have a ton of fun, lots of music and to meet people. I would not recommend it for families with young couples, tons of partying going on here.
That being said, we were down there with six 18 years that just graduated high school. There was well over 100 18 years enjoying themselves on the "all inclusive". Perfect spot for them!
The food was overall, not bad. Certain resturants were better. We found the lunch time bbq by the pool to be some of the best food at the property. The beef and chicken tacos with fresh guacamole were outstanding.
The drinks are watered down somewhat, just means you need to drink a few more to get to where you want to go...lol! Only beer they had was XX lager. I like it but some people may like a variety.
The 24 hour sports bar on site is a great hangout for the kids.
Gym is adequate, no free weights and the tredmills need some service.
The Spa is very nice and reasonably priced.
Service was excellent. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I cant say enough about Melissa who works at the front desk. Friendly, attentive, speaks great English and goes out of her way to make sure your stay is great. Zumela, our housekeeper did a great job as well.
Rooms are adequate, not great. A little dated and no flat screen TV. But hey, you are not in Cabo to watch TV!
Biggest complaint, the WIFI is slow, I mean really slow. 90 minutes free in lobby per day.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Otel and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.