Like many people, I always scour the web reading reviews and looking for the perfect resort. Lesson learned: there are a lot of uptight people in the world who get bent out of shape when something doesn't go their way. Anyway, the Riu SantaFe exceeded all my expectations. It's a gorgeous resort with a lot to do. The service is second to none, and while I know "tips are included" I definitely recommend bringing plenty of $1's and $5's to tip the staff. They work so hard and have very little time off. Some people complain about the alcohol, but a lot of it is how you order. For instance, ask for Bacardi and Coke as opposed to Rum and Coke. You'll get the better stuff. There are some idiots who don't know their limit and can be loud walking through the halls at night, but it wasn't enough to keep me from having a great time. The room mini bars are great, although I found myself hardly using it. The buffet is fantastic. The restaurants are decent, but I would say the buffet is actually better. We only ate at the Mexican and Italian restaurants, though. If you want to eat at a restaurant, make sure you get a reservation early. You can also get a reservation a day out as well. The Michael Jackson show is incredible, the other entertainment pales in comparison to the MJ show. Loved it!! Downtown Cabo San Lucas is very safe as well, never felt uneasy walking around. Make sure to go in town at some point if you go. Also, the tip of the year: if your a first timer arriving at the airport, when you get your luggage and go through customs walk straight OUTSIDE to the curb and look for your transportation company. There are two separate areas inside the airport after you go through customs and there will be a guy who asks who your transportation company is and then act like he's leading you to the counter where you meet your driver... No. They're all time share reps and you do not want to start that fiasco on your vacation. So, walk straight outside and somebody will be holding a sign. Anyway, go to Riu SantaFe and have fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos