My husband and I were at the Riu Santa Fe for 2 weeks from Feb 28 to Mar 14. The resort is really nice and there really isn't a lot to complain about... except the Spring Breakers ruined it for us. This was our first time to Cabo and the first time in an AI resort in a long time as we generally go to Playa Del Carmen and rent a condo.
The staff at this resort are amazing! Everyone was super friendly (especially Ariceli (sp) in the breakfast buffet go see her she will take the best care of you)
The al a carte: I had read a review saying the Asian was horrible.... it was my favorite and we made sure we went there twice. My hubby liked the steak house, it was just alright for me, I did like the baked Alaska a lot. The Italian was pretty good. I liked the salad/appetizer bar in both the Italian and Asian. The Mexican wasn't my favorite and I didn't like the little appetizer platter at all at the steak house it was all just deep fried stuff.
The Buffet: I am usually sick of the buffet after a few days and it really didn't happen here.
this resort has a huge buffet and there is always lots to eat and it was really good. If you don't like it you can always go to town and eat, we did a few times just for a change of pace.
the rooms; I wasn't totally impressed with the rooms. The walls are paper thin and hearing someone throw up somewhere above us is not my idea of a good time. I also would like somewhere to maybe sit and read if I choose to, and not on a plastic chair on my balcony.
I had read a review that you could only walk to town down the beach, so this is what we did the first time. It was an ok walk but hard on the sand and the slope. We stopped at The Sand Bar beach bar for a bucket of Do Esquis and we made it ok. We saw the rout on the way home in the $1 city bus (no big deal and way better than the $25 they want for the taxi vans) and asked the front desk the next day if it was ok to walk down the freeway. She said yes and it would take 10 min or so... now I don't know if she is a speed walker or not.. but it took us bout half and hour. And we do walk a lot. It was a good walk, we went to Walmart as well. But feel free to walk to town. for us it was great to just be off the resort and away from the all the noise.
The pools are really nice, at least the quiet pool was. I didn't get a chance to get into the infinity pools in the front area because it was standing room only with Spring breakers. The only day we could have gotten close it was cloudy and cold, therefore empty.
We did a whale watching cruise on a big catamaran, as well as a sunset dinner cruise on a pirate ship... totally recommend that. The guys on the pirates ship will show you the best time. it was a lot of fun.
the only real complaint I have is there is not table service at the shows and when you stand at the bar to get a drink they take a really long time to even acknowledge you. The pool bars were fantastic and they were a lot of fun as well.
All in all we had a good time, the weather could have been better for us. The nights were cold and even a few days chilly too. I think I would wait till April or May if we went back to Cabo.
Also if you go into town make a point of finding Mi Casa. it's a totally authentic little place we stopped at for lunch. Great food!!! and worth the trip.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Otel, Olotels, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Venere, TIG Global, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.