We vacationed 2/23 - 3/2 & have stayed at a RIU Palace in Riviera Maya area so was familiar with their properties. Traveled thru Apple Vacations. No waiting in line at the check-in desk, we were handed our hotel info, key & wristbands before getting off the bus. Resort is large & we stayed in Building 7 with a partial ocean view. Nice being close to beach & infinity pool but a farther walk to main buffet & other restaurants & large pool. Clean rooms, everything was always restocked in mini-fridge, bar soap available but no lotion & shower area had a shampoo dispenser. Plenty of food selections at buffet & service was excellent. Ate at the steakhouse, suggest having the Shrimp & Land kabob. Also ate at the Mexican & Italian too. Our last day, we had lunch at La Mission & wished we would of ate there before. One night at the buffet, guests were asked to fill out surveys about the resort & the host at the Mexican restaurant asked if we had any comments or complaints. Our only complaint was not having a coffee maker in our room & guest putting towels out to reserve chairs, half of them were empty for many hours. We thought RIU was excellent for service & hard working staff, had more problems with actions of guests. Going thru buffet lines, some guest did not place serving utensils back on plates, letting handles fall into the food. Before we left, there was a larger crowd of young adults that came in, we were glad to be leaving the next day. Swim up bars were crowded & some threw cigarette butts, drink glasses & food plates anywhere they wanted. Only problem with noise at night was the night before leaving. We like to have fun & party too, but at least be considerate of other guests & RIU properties. Did take a water taxi ($10 each) to Lovers beach & snorkeled. The waves were incredible at Divorce beach & watched a young teen surf. Our full day fishing trip wasn't as successful as we hoped, but we took some of the fish we caught & had it prepared at a restaurant in the marina area. Cost $7 each for a full meal with the cooked fish & was very good. We enjoyed our stay in Cabo & would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos