1. Really sweet staff, funny bartenders. Most were very polite and greeted us as they passed by. I felt bad that they have to deal with rude drunk hotel guests for little tips.
2. Great photo shop - free half hr photoshoots on the beach. $15 a photo if you want to purchase.
3. Spacious room
4. Decent location, $12 cab to town - it was worth the taxi ride to get decent food at the local restaurants.
5. The coffee at the buffets was amazing!!!!
6. You can eat at the pool with disposable plates. Plenty of snack quesadilla/nacho stands.
7. Decent gym but closes too early (8pm). No free weights at the gym.
1. My earrings were stolen from my room. Typically I do not allow housekeepers in, but my room was missing a "do not disturb" sign. After they cleaned my room, the earrings were missing. They also gave me cake-shaped towel tower as a birthday surprise (a very sweet gesture) topped with Hershey's kisses --- but they left eaten empty wrappers on the floor! Perhaps the cake crew were the ones who took the earrings? The management made no apology - in fact she was supposed to call me to discuss the issue but told me she didn't because she didn't know what to do (Um, hello, You should have called anyways), did not offer anything for my stolen earrings and kept referring to it as an "accident". She blamed it on me because I did not put it in the safe - uh, hello, are items outside the safe up for grabs with your staff?
No bottle of wine, no free wifi (which is $10/hr btw), gee thanks for nothing. Hope your staff enjoys my earrings.
2. Upon greeting us in the lobby on arrival day, the staff removed our bags and told me that the luggage would be placed in our rooms in half an hr - the rooms were not ready even though we arrived 2 hrs after check-in time. An hr later, no bags. I called the front desk, they said that it was on its way. An hour later, i went to the lobby and our bags were just sitting there out in the open !!! I had to bring the bags up myself just to ensure the job would get done. Smh.
3. I know this is an all-inclusive resort, so I will be objective. The breakfast and lunches had the most fresh foods. They had a juice bar, fresh eggs, and a lot of variety. MOST of the food was not fresh. The cheese had mold on it. I got food poisoning from one of the dinners at the Chinese restaurant. The best dessert was tiramisu, everything else was crap. Most of the food was old, stale, greasy, low grade and oversalted.
Btw, the "specialty" restaurants serve 80% of the same foods they offer in the buffet so in my opinion, NOT worth getting up at 645am to make the 7am reservation. Especially if it makes you barf after.
4. Rough towels/blankets and rock hard bed in the rooms. Very uncomfortable to sleep in.
5. They did not restock mini bar as promised.
6. Alcohol tasted like poo, so glad I brought my own Grey Goose bottle.
7. The pool closes Extremely early at 8pm. I have never been to a hotel that closes its pools that early!
I would not go back. I'd rather splurge and stay at the ME Cabo. I went there on Sat for an afternoon and it was a breath of fresh air.
Normally i'd say that you get what you pay for, but I've had much more pleasant experiences at other all inclusive resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos