My best friend and I visited the Riu Santa Fe in September 2012. Upon arrival they served us a strong, but delicious margarita. When we booked we had requested two double beds however, when we got to our room we realized that they put us in a room with just a king sized bed. We just called the front desk and they changed our room right away with no problems.
The food in the buffet was great with a huge variety to choose from. The "grill" a la cart was my favourite and the Asain one was my least favourite, but I am a big sushi fan and i am pretty picky when it comes to that. The drinks were very good as well.
The view is honestly to die for. From the beach side of the resort you have the perfect view of the infamous "Los Arcos". Unfortunately, the ocean is not safe to swim in at all so, we paid $30 each and got to spend the day @ "Lover's Beach" with lunch included. I highly recommend that everyone takes this excursion it was amazing! A guide takes you in a glass-bottom boat to see the sealions and the diffrent rock formations then he drops you at "Lover's Beach", where you can swim safely, and picks you up at a certain time.
All of the staff at this resort were very friendly and helpful, however the entertainment staff were hands down, the most genuinly friendly staff i've ever met at a resort. Especially Paris, he went above and beyond to make sure that everyone was having a good time.
The only negative part of the trip was the noseeums a.k.a. sand fleas. The resort would spray everyday to keep them away, but one of the days they had run out of the spray and for half the day they were EVERYWHERE! So, it put a damper on part of our day, but once they sprayed later on, it was fine. Also, the moths were giant and would hang out in the corridors of the villas, but they were harmless.
Overall, this is a great resort to go to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos