Stayed here 9/26/12-10/1/12, sorry for the late review. Had an AMAZING time here. A few little hiccups but the staff was SO QUICK to make things right while keeping a positive attitude that I cannot complain! I must say the food was good for an all-inclusive at the "open" restaurants BUT the way they have the specialty restaurants set up in order to make reservations was ridiculous...getting to the desk by 630am didn't even seem to be early enough...we were only able to get a reservation once to what I believe was the Japanese restaurant. The food there was good but would have really liked to have tried some of the other restaurants. Also, the whole card for a towel set up seemed a little silly to me too. The beds are not great, not horrible and I slept fine...and its not like I paid uber luxurious prices. This is a large resort so plenty of room to spread out and do your own thing if you needed some space for a bit and little room for boredom. I would recommend to those traveling w/children or not into the party atomosphere to stay away from the "party pool"...however, my girlfriends and I enjoyed ourselves at ALL of the pools...whether we were partying, relaxing or people watching, there was a pool for it all...even the kiddie pool looked like fun. The entertainment staff is FANTASTIC...they are the reason my birthday trip went from already great to the best ever...RIU & their staff are a step above the rest w/their entertainment, birthday or not!! The spa was wonderful...I've had a few other spa visits at other locations home & traveling and RIU's spa staff definitely "held their own!" The grounds are beautiful and the location isn't bad...short cab/bus/boat ride to downtown or if you're up for it you can even walk the beach all the way. I really cannot say enough about the staff in general here......constantly cleaning (so clean!!), always helpful and always tending to even the smallest of details! I had even lost some of my friends when it came time to leave and was in quite a panic but the staff worked very hard w/our travel agent to not only find them but were also very consoling and considerate of our panicked state. While this was an all girls trip, I would have been more than comfortable traveling w/my teenage son to this resort. As far as traveling w/a significant other, I would have enjoyed myself but I am a girl who enjoys mingling and meeting new people...maybe not for couples looking for a more romantic, intimate environment. All of the ok, the good and the great things considered, the RIU staff is certainly the BIGGEST reason I would return and recommend this resort to others. Thanks so much to my travel agent for recommending this resort and to the RIU staff for making my 33rd birthday the best and most memorable thus far!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos