My Wife and I have done all our All-Inclusive trips to the Carribean. As Much as we have loved Playa del Carmen, Cancun, Montego Bay, etc... We decided to try the Pacific side for my wife's Babymoon.
Well needless to say to those of you that have been to the Cabo area, WOW! What a fantastic place. No worries about rain. The humidity was not a factor and it seemed to have an all together different feel to Mexico than the other coast.
As for the resort, we loved it. A nice mix of quiet, entertainment, party or relaxation depending on what part of the resort you decide to spend your day at.
For all of the other reviews that people whined and complained about the walk... Did you not see the map? Any place with two resorts and 4+ buildings be prepared to walk around and explore. While Santa Fe is not intimate like say a Dreams or Secrets, it is also a part of the appeal. Each section of the resort offers a different experience. If you want to party go to the swim up bars. If you want to relax there's the pool away from building 7. The long pool with the loungers in the middle of building seven was our favorite. Close to a buffet, daily activities, a bar for me... well you get the idea.
Nice Assortment of restaurants. You'll read the regular negative feedback on here from people (Steak wasn't up to par, wine was no good) YOU ARE NOT AT HOME! If you want a $100 bottle of wine go to town and buy one. If you want AAA beef go to Ruth's Chris Steak house near the Marina. This is a resort that needs to mass produce food and drink for a lot of people.
Bottom line folks. Look at the price you pay to escape everyday life sit in paradise, get waited on for drinks, not have to cook or clean your room, and remember you're on vacation. I loved the RIU Santa Fe. My only real problem with it is that first the first time ever we're going to visit a resort twice and the next trip isn't soon enough. So stop reading and book your trip already!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos