All the general stuff has been covered 100s of times so here are some other things I think you should be aware of:
Liars - because every time I went to either of the main pool bars to get a cocktail the liquor was so watered down I couldn't tell I'd had an alcoholic drink after. When I complained I was told I was incorrect - didn't I see them pour the 'bottles' in my drink? Of course I did, however that doesn't mean they had any alcohol in them. I had the same experience every time so I stopped trying. It's a total disgrace since the all-inclusive liquor is one of the main reasons many people go and they flat out lied to my face about it.
Thieves - because when I went to check out I found I didn't have one of the two room keys they had initially given me (my 1 year old daughter was playing with it...). The manager then told me that I had to pay $25 as a penalty. I said this was unacceptable since a) the cost of a standard key (no special markings and wasn't electronic) is <$5 in NYC and this was Mexico (!) and 2) it's antiquated to still have metal keys - all other hotels have key cards that don't cost anything if you lose them, so I shouldn't be penalized, esp as I'd stayed 2 weeks and so paid so much money to the resort. The woman manager told me I would not be allowed to leave until I paid the $25 and instructed the concierge not to let me get into my waiting taxi.
Begrudgingly I paid, however as soon as I had left I found the key in one of our bags so I called them to ask for a refund, offering to mail it back. They told me they would ask the manager but never called me back. I called 5+ times and sent multiple e-mails; no response. They were so desperate for the $25...the rudeness and aggression they showed me and my family incident totally ruined our trip.
I will never go back and I would highly recommend you to do the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos