It is about a 30 minute taxi ride from the airport (we used Cielito Lindo for our transfers, and they are really GREAT!!). You definitely want to bring your own coffee, water, snacks. There is a nice ‘mini kitchen’ with a two burner electric stove, microwave, full size fridge/freezer and coffee pot.
We were in a studio unit. It had a nice view of the infinity edge pool and the swim up bar. There was also a peek view of the ocean. Beds were comfy. The clock radio was horrible… two employees later, no one could figure out how to set it, so we had to use our cell phone as our clock (we requested another clock, but it never arrived).
Check in was brutal! The line moves SLOWLY, since there are only three employees to do check-in’s. Fortunately, as you are standing in line, a waiter comes around with margaritas and bottled water (free except for a tip). Also, we met the nicest people in line and ended up having dinner with them! So, even though the line was awful, we ended up having a lot of fun with new friends and margaritas!
After check-in, the hard pressure time share presentaion sales people attack! This was a mom/daughter trip and we left the husbands at home. Typically, if you are married, both spouses must be available or you are not allowed to do a time share presentation. The attack sharks here said that missing spouses were not a problem, and were relentless. We finally had to get a bit gruff and told her to flat out, leave us alone. She was truly like a pit bull on our pant leg, but the bellman, saved us!
Other than a very rare seafood buffet, your ONLY choice for dinner, at the hotel, is Maria’s. We each had ‘Tres Enchilladas’, NO cocktails, ice cream for dessert and our bill was $50! The waiter made a mistake and brought us another tables appetizer. We did not know that this had happened (thought that the appetizer which was chips/salsa/guacamole was complimentary) until our bill arrived. This mistake (clearly NOT our fault) cost us $10.00 . The waiter did not speak enough English to make him understand that we had been wrongly charged, so we ended up being frustrated, but just paid it and went on with our evening.
Be prepared for VERY slow service. This comment is not intended as a negative; just a warning for all of my fellow Americans who are always in a hurry. The Mexican culture is so, so, so friendly, but it is just their culture not to rush and hurry, when dining. Often times, in Mexico, we have had to ask for our check, since the waiter/waitress does not want to make you feel rushed.
Overall, Hacienda Encantada is lovely. The pools are gorgeous, the setting is spectacular and the rooms are spacious. Also, since this is a timeshare, many of the guests that you meet, are owners and there is a very friendly ’vibe’ throughout.
The All Inclusive package is $85 per person (when you book at check in and they will throw in an 80 min. massage!), and normally, I am a big fan of A.I. packages; however, with only one restaurant at night to select from, it would be easy to get bored with your food choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique and breathtakingly beautiful, this spectacular Contemporary Hacienda style Luxury All Inclusive resort located on the Tourist Corridor in Cabo San Lucas offers magnificent panoramic views to the Sea of Cortes, romantic settings, distinctive dining, spacious and luxurious accommodations, and a variety of venues for special events. Your will be amazed of the bright, terracotta colored, Mexican Hacienda style buildings that are beautifully decorated with handmade Talavera tile murals, vases, classical sculptures, Spanish colonial fountains, contemporary art for contrast, and upscale traditional Mexican furnishing, driving them to experience an authentic Mexican ambiance throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Amex, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Jetsetter, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Encantada Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Encantada Resort And Spa
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos