We just returned from a week long trip (Dec12-19) at HE and would return in a heart beat. We traded in through our timeshare via Interval International, so we had a studio room in the Phase 2.
The Room: Beautifully decorated and comfortable to boot! Nice studio with kitchen and full size fridge. Bathroom was just like the photos, spa tub and separate shower. Yes the towels were a bit scratchy, but not unbearable as mentioned in other reviews. The kitchen was FULLY equipped, surprised to find a blender, coffee maker, can opener, toaster and more! The fridge comes with items availble for purchase: beer, water, soda and Gatorade. The only mishap was that the shelf in the fridge door fell off one time when opening the door causing a few beers to fall out and break. The patio was large, relaxing and private. We were on the 4th floor of the 2nd phase and had a view of the ocean, only slightly obstructed by the phase 1 building.
The pools: both phase 1 and 2 pools were wonderful. Each had plenty of seats, umbrellas for shade, swim up and walk up bars, waiter for drink service, food served and excellent views. Phase 1 does have a better view overlooking the ocean and a small area away from the pool closer to the cliff for sitting, sunbathing etc. this is where we spent most of our sun time relaxing listening to the waves. Both pools have a towel station for fresh towels.
The Restaurant: Only one on site as of now. We had breakfast via a buffet there 2 mornings, lunch there once, dinner once and a mid day snack. Food was good, not outstanding but good. Nice mix on the menu of items from appetizers to salads to fish and entrees. Service was great. Room service is available in you room with just about the same menu.
Check in /out: NOT A PROBLEM! might have been the fasted I have ever encountered. They do provide towel card upon check in that must be returned or a fee charged. Please note that is you make calls, there is a high fee associated- I did hear one lady become upset at a $20 call. The rates are posted in the room. BellBoys will help you to you room via the golf carts. The carts are also available for transportation around the resort at anytime, just call the front desk. They do have you sign a card acknowledging that you do not have to tip anyone other then the bars and restaurant, which was nice. We did still tip the valet guys and the bell boys that helped with our bags a few US dollars.
The Spa: not open when we were there. They did have a temporary spa with 2 rooms with massage tables and facial items. We were watching them finish up the spa and unwrap the spa items, so i would expect it to be open real soon. Same with the Gym, not one when we were there, but we did see the gym equipment in the room, just not organized yet. You can find plenty of exercise walking the hills of the resort if needed.
Timeshare sales pitch: Optional, if you do not want ot do it, tell them no and they leave it at that. We did decide to do it, as we were interested in buying (but opted not to) and received a discount "diamond card: that gave us 15% off at eh resort and also some good discounts down at the marina.
Valet: we rented a car and parked it with the valet, as that is the only option. Never waited longer than 5 minutes to get it, but you can call ahead and have them bring it up while you go to the front desk.
There is a concierge available to help you plan and do activities if you desire. they do have free WiFi so you can book things on your own if you want.
Overall this was a very relaxing resort with great service-not a typical timeshare. The resort is not finished yet, but no construction when we were there. They stated that they planned to start phase 3 in jan 2011, but it is far enough away from everything else, I can not see it being a big problem.
If you have any other questions please contact me. For those of you traveling to HE ENJOY!! I will post pix soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique and breathtakingly beautiful, this spectacular Contemporary Hacienda style Luxury All Inclusive resort located on the Tourist Corridor in Cabo San Lucas offers magnificent panoramic views to the Sea of Cortes, romantic settings, distinctive dining, spacious and luxurious accommodations, and a variety of venues for special events. Your will be amazed of the bright, terracotta colored, Mexican Hacienda style buildings that are beautifully decorated with handmade Talavera tile murals, vases, classical sculptures, Spanish colonial fountains, contemporary art for contrast, and upscale traditional Mexican furnishing, driving them to experience an authentic Mexican ambiance throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Encantada Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Encantada Resort And Spa
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos