We are new owners at HE, this being our first stay. The resort is absolutely gorgeous! We took so many pictures from every possible angle that family & friends thought we were crazy. The pics did not do it justice.
The 1 bedroom is larger than my home! Very clean and nicely decorated. The balcony patio is a great feature. We spent most nights sitting, enjoying the crash of the surf and faint music coming from the restuarant. My bed was humougous, like a King, super comfy, though there was a hump in the middle I would have to crawl up in my sleep. My brother found the pull out couch to his liking too.
Having previously stayed near the marina it was a big adjustment not having immediate access to everything. There was never a problem finding a spot on the shuttle (they hire taxis for overflow), but with shuttles scheduled only every 2 hours it sometimes didn't fit our needs.
The restaurant, Las Marias, we felt was spendy and we had an owners discount! The menu consisted of mainly fish and seafood so since my brother is allergic his only option was a $23 chicken dish. Next time we will take a taxi to Walmart for groceries for sure. The heat makes me lose my appetite so bagels in the morning from the on site mini mart was sufficient especially when compared to a $30 breakfast buffet. We would have incredible (and less expensive) dinners in the Golden Zone Marina and really enjoyed Presto, which has an arrangement with HE so you receive a discount. I thought it was silly to go to an Italian restaurant while I was in Mexico, but we had an incredible fococia sandwich and apple salad for lunches. My brother said it was the best minestrone soup he had ever had.
To simplify my review I would say it is a great location for a low key vacation. I think kids would get bored easily with just a pool available for enterntainment (it closes at 8), but it is an easy trip to the Marina. If you plan to stay on site the inclusive option is a good deal since the restaurants are pricey. The staff was always super helpful and kind. We will be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique and breathtakingly beautiful, this spectacular Contemporary Hacienda style Luxury All Inclusive resort located on the Tourist Corridor in Cabo San Lucas offers magnificent panoramic views to the Sea of Cortes, romantic settings, distinctive dining, spacious and luxurious accommodations, and a variety of venues for special events. Your will be amazed of the bright, terracotta colored, Mexican Hacienda style buildings that are beautifully decorated with handmade Talavera tile murals, vases, classical sculptures, Spanish colonial fountains, contemporary art for contrast, and upscale traditional Mexican furnishing, driving them to experience an authentic Mexican ambiance throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Encantada Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Encantada Resort And Spa
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos