“Gorgeous Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa

You added Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km 7.3, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Portland, Oregon
“Gorgeous Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We are new owners at HE, this being our first stay. The resort is absolutely gorgeous! We took so many pictures from every possible angle that family & friends thought we were crazy. The pics did not do it justice.

The 1 bedroom is larger than my home! Very clean and nicely decorated. The balcony patio is a great feature. We spent most nights sitting, enjoying the crash of the surf and faint music coming from the restuarant. My bed was humougous, like a King, super comfy, though there was a hump in the middle I would have to crawl up in my sleep. My brother found the pull out couch to his liking too.

Having previously stayed near the marina it was a big adjustment not having immediate access to everything. There was never a problem finding a spot on the shuttle (they hire taxis for overflow), but with shuttles scheduled only every 2 hours it sometimes didn't fit our needs.

The restaurant, Las Marias, we felt was spendy and we had an owners discount! The menu consisted of mainly fish and seafood so since my brother is allergic his only option was a $23 chicken dish. Next time we will take a taxi to Walmart for groceries for sure. The heat makes me lose my appetite so bagels in the morning from the on site mini mart was sufficient especially when compared to a $30 breakfast buffet. We would have incredible (and less expensive) dinners in the Golden Zone Marina and really enjoyed Presto, which has an arrangement with HE so you receive a discount. I thought it was silly to go to an Italian restaurant while I was in Mexico, but we had an incredible fococia sandwich and apple salad for lunches. My brother said it was the best minestrone soup he had ever had.

To simplify my review I would say it is a great location for a low key vacation. I think kids would get bored easily with just a pool available for enterntainment (it closes at 8), but it is an easy trip to the Marina. If you plan to stay on site the inclusive option is a good deal since the restaurants are pricey. The staff was always super helpful and kind. We will be back!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HaciendaEncantada, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thanks for your comments about the restaurant "Las Marias" we will pass them to the manager, also thanks for the comment for "Presto" restaurant, hope to see you soon...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Polish first
Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My fiancé and I booked an all inclusive deal through Sniqueaway at a great rate! First we were greeted with cocktails which was awesome!
They did ask us if we wanted to attend the time share meeting. We politely declined based on what we read on Trip Advisor and they weren't pushy.
We were in the 2nd upper building on the 4th floor but despite what everyone says on here, we had a great view of the ocean and the pool. Our suite was very nice, I love the décor of this resort. Wished we had gotten a king instead of 2 queens, but they were booked up.

Everyone at this resort was very friendly and helpful. You can tell the people who work here really love their jobs. We ate dinner almost every night at Los Marias and Alvaro was an excellent server. We miss him!! The food was good, not great. I didn't notice much of a difference in food quality between Marias and the 'nicer' reservation only restaurant next door.
We used the gym which is small but not crowded. We also got massages at the Spa which was really nice. The concierge was very helpful to book all of our activities.
Shuttle will take you to the marina, its free if you do the all inclusive plan. Since we are not single and partyers- we liked that it was away from all the cabo nightlife...

We will definitely come back to HE when visiting cabo!

Room Tip: You may not here the carts drive by as much if you are towards the middle of the building, away from...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your comments and I hope to return soon.
Marysville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just got back home after a 10 day trip to Cabo staying here at the Hacienda Encantada. Upon arrival we were upgraded in our room to a full suite, very nice clean rooms with full kitchens, even though we didn't use it would be nice if you do not buy the all inclusive package, we did and therefore it was just extra room which was nice. The Pool bars are very nice, Pedro was a great bartender and took very good care of us while there, only downside is they do not stay open longer, the upper pool bar closes at 5 but depending on who it working they start to shut down around 4:30, the lower pool bar closes at 7, would be nice if they had a bar which stayed open later, everything including restaurants closes by 10 PM. As far as the restaurants are concerned, the food is great and staff very friendly we were a large group and only had one night at the Marias which was very slow, the remainder of the time we had nothing but great service, look for Rigoberto and Hector at the Trajinera, 2 of the greatest waiters on staff. I think the resort does need another restaurant with some variety especially now that they are building another section and adding rooms. also transport to and from town stops at 10:30 PM, that's the latest shuttle back, if you want to stay in town and cab it home plan on around $40USD, it would be nice if the resort had a later shuttle if you want to go have fun in town. Kids (12 year olds)had a great time, and there is plenty of stuff to keep them busy.

The sales staff for the timeshare program, well lets just say unless you want to spend 4 hrs getting the hard push its just not worth the gift certificate you get at the end but if your serious about a program it didn't sound bad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Terra Bella, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We are owner at HE, I have to say I was dreading staying there based on my past experience, however I was very happy with my experience with HE. GBS, the US Agent for HE, was horrible... they need much better communication between the agent and resort! To the best of my knowledge the staff was amazing.... the standouts were Fernan, the activities director... Hector the "Protector", Suzi, at the pool bar, Rogillio (SP) the cart driver, and Maria at the front desk. We have actually traded out of HE in the past to stay at other places in Cabo, but they have really turned things around, and we are very satisified owners. We will be back next year! Keep up the good work.

PS the view from Las Maria's..... undescribable!!! AMAZING!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am an "owner" at HE - over 7 years and have stayed there 4 times. Reservation process with Global Bureau (US-based agent) was a farce. Back in Jan. 2013 - gal in Miami told me there was ZERO availability at resort - for all 52 weeks of 2013. Imbecile. I called resort directly and was assisted by Marlene who helped me get the week I wanted.
We checked in super late on Sunday evening and unfortunately - despite being an 'owner' - we got a room on ground floor of Phase 1. I much prefer higher floors - better view and you can lounge on your giant balcony overlooking the ocean in your pjs without being seen. We attempted to move on Monday morning but was advised the hotel was sold out. Doubtful based on traffic we saw over the week but guess that's what reviews are for.
My guest had never been and was thrilled with immediacy of pool and ocean view. Plus, room is very nicely appointed and heck, it's Cabo.
The good:
Staff - Maria at Front Desk, Hugo and Manuel at Bell Desk, Alexis and Martha at El Patio Pool Bar and Jaime - bartender. They (and others whose names I did not catch) were friendly, welcoming and helpful. Housekeeping left room immaculate - don't have their names. The staff work long and hard while guests are lounging and playing. They do a great job.
Food at El Patio was yummy - as were the drinks.
Setting - fantastic - ocean waves crashing on rocks below (no swimming in front of hotel). Superb infinity pool with varying levels of water - never crowded. Lounge chairs in shallow pool - heavenly. Varying locales for sunning - near pools, directly at cliff edge where all you can see is the ocean and more. Umbrellas are plentiful for shade.
Rooms are spacious, 800 sq ft studios. Kitchenette, giant bathroom - huge shower, fancy big tub, etc. Balcony is big and great place to relax or enjoy a meal.
I did not use room service so can't give feedback.
The mediocre:
Las Marias - outdoor restaurant we dined in our first night. Due to late hour (9pm) - all that was available. Strongly encouraged to eat at buffet. Blah. Food lukewarm and rapidly being removed. $30+ per person. Waste of money. I have eaten there before so I know it's normally not that bad but disappointing start to our vacation. Waiters were super nice but food was meh.
Taxi service to WalMart - groceries and more. Highway robbery but not fault of hotel - just SOP. Good to try and share a ride with other guests if you can.
Mattresses - a wee bit mushy - guessing they need to be replaced - other linens and appliances, etc were all in good shape.

Bottom line:
Hacienda Encantada is restful, sublime setting for couples, friends, families. Not a party property at all - very quiet. Easy access to Cabo San Lucas for shopping, dining and clubs. Time share folks are not intrusive. Am sure they will ask but they won't stalk you by any means.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better - nicer view and more private balconies. Interiors are same regardless of...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We enjoyed two weeks at this paradise. The staff at all of the pool bars were great, very attentive. Food was very good. Try the La Trajanera for a special dining night. We loved the waiters - Rigoberto and Fidel were the epitome of well-trained staff and couldn't do enough to make sure our evenings there were very special.

The accommodations are superb and we have lots of other sites with which to compare. Beautiful views, great rooms, kitchen and deck were great.

The grounds are so well kept and everyone on staff stops to say Hola or Buenas Dias - with a big smile. We're going back again.

One week with all family members (22 in all) from 1 yr old to the grandparents and all were sad to leave. It's a great spot for a family reunion.

Room Tip: Ask for suite in Phase 1 if possible. We had two BR, three bath unit which would sleep 8 if you wan...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ankeny, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I just returned from yet another amazing vacation at the Hacienda Encantada. We thoroughly enjoy the relaxing atmosphere throughout the entire resort. This time we were very impressed with how the resort staff made the effort to remember our names for an added personal touch. We continued to be treated like family and welcomed by all. Especially nice was the service at the pool bar/grill. We are grateful to see Marta each time we return as well as the other servers. The grounds are kept very well manicured and clean. This will continue to be our annual get-away for years to come.

Jack and Rhonda S

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!