Hacienda Encantada Resort and Spa is in the Los Cabos resort corridor between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. The resort is built on a bluff that descends to a small sandy beach surrounded by rocks. From our room we could see Arch Rock of Cabo San Lucas 7 miles away. The buildings and swimming pools were nicely designed. Most hotels in the area discourage swimming from the beach because of strong currents and possible rip tides.
Many of the resorts in the Los Cabos corridor are built on sometime windy bluffs leading down to the ocean. Because of the steep topography at Hacienda Encantada, you either have to walk up and down the steep paths between the pool, your room, the restaurant or reception or call for the six passenger shuttle cart. Cars are valet parked in a remote lot.
Development in the Los Cabos corridor is at the hotels and resorts and you have to drive either to Cabo San Lucas or further to San Jose del Cabo for restaurants, groceries or souvenirs other than what is available at the resort. This resort was a few minute drive to Costco and Wal-Mart where we bought a few groceries. The resort restaurant was decent and on the expensive side. The menu had only a few Mexican dishes but also to our surprise a few Chinese hoisin sauce dishes. We ate our meals either in Cabo or San Jose.
The resort provides shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas as part of the all-inclusive plan. If you did not purchase the plan the shuttle to Cabo San Lucas is $10 per person each way. We decided to rent a car for $106 for a week without insurance from Budget Rental car at the airport. However, If you got the full auto rental insurance program including personal liability (not covered by our credit card), Budget charges an additional $250.
The resort has a timeshare section and since they are expanding the sales people were busy in the early morning. It appears that everybody in Cabo wants you to attend a timeshare presentation. From the timeshare peddler on the street corner to restaurant hostess people are informing you of timeshare presentations and the gifts you will receive by attending. The finder fee must be rewarding. At the Hacienda Encantada, they graciously accepted my refusal to attend a timeshare presentation.
The hotel is well-maintained by a diligent and friendly staff. We were amused that even our room's plastic clock radio got a coat of furniture polish. Our room was exceptionally large equipped with a kitchen. (They could have provided more dishes and a teapot) The one bedroom had two full bathrooms.
Los Cabos is a growing, vibrant area where multi-million dollar homes and golf courses have been sprouting the past ten years. We will return some day on our way to central Baja to see the whales during the winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique and breathtakingly beautiful, this spectacular Contemporary Hacienda style Luxury All Inclusive resort located on the Tourist Corridor in Cabo San Lucas offers magnificent panoramic views to the Sea of Cortes, romantic settings, distinctive dining, spacious and luxurious accommodations, and a variety of venues for special events. Your will be amazed of the bright, terracotta colored, Mexican Hacienda style buildings that are beautifully decorated with handmade Talavera tile murals, vases, classical sculptures, Spanish colonial fountains, contemporary art for contrast, and upscale traditional Mexican furnishing, driving them to experience an authentic Mexican ambiance throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Encantada Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Encantada Resort And Spa
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos