We stayed at the Hacienda Encantada from 12/30/12 to 1/5/13 for New Years. We booked through Orbitz (airfare, resort, transportation). Recommend a direct flight, as the flights with connections took the whole day. The transportation from the airport was good; but as stated in other reviews, hang a final right turn OUTSIDE the terminal to get to your transit to avoid timeshare hawkers.
The weather was rainy and cool for a couple days when we arrived, but was great for the last 3 days. Even with the beautiful sunny days in the low 80s; the nights are breezy and cool in the 50s. Would not recommend Cabo in December/January; probably better weather in March/April.
Orbitz/HE really did us right on our room. We booked a Master Suite with an Ocean View Balcony, and that's exactly what we got. A beautiful, spacious suite with 15 foot high ceilings; separate bedroom; separate living room; full kitchen; 2 bathrooms; spa tub; 2 showers; giant double balcony outside both the living room and bedroom with fantastic views of the resort, Sea of Cortez and Lands End.
The service was good to excellent. Almost everyone was very warm and friendly. We really felt at home. The food was OK to very good. The fish dishes in particular were very good (Blackened Tuna, Mahi-Mahi). Highly recommend the All Inclusive. According to our "bills" we had over $200 a day in food/drinks. The fridge had 4 waters; 4 beers; 4 soft drinks every day. AI also included an hour of horseback riding on Friday afternoon through the desert, and free shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas every 2 hours. The entertainment was good (piano, mandolin, guitar songs); but we were somewhat disappointed they did not have at least a full cultural show. The activities director was a comedian, bartender, chef, magician and volleyball coach at the same time. Lots of fun. We tipped cash ($1-$10); got good service; and did not encounter the tip fee. We did encounter a charge for the included horseback riding at checkout; but they quickly removed it when we caught it.
Overall a beautifully designed resort with great rooms, views and staff. Would highly recommend. Five stars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique and breathtakingly beautiful, this spectacular Contemporary Hacienda style Luxury All Inclusive resort located on the Tourist Corridor in Cabo San Lucas offers magnificent panoramic views to the Sea of Cortes, romantic settings, distinctive dining, spacious and luxurious accommodations, and a variety of venues for special events. Your will be amazed of the bright, terracotta colored, Mexican Hacienda style buildings that are beautifully decorated with handmade Talavera tile murals, vases, classical sculptures, Spanish colonial fountains, contemporary art for contrast, and upscale traditional Mexican furnishing, driving them to experience an authentic Mexican ambiance throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Encantada Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Encantada Resort And Spa
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos