“Hacienda Encantada, Baja’s desert meets the Sea of Cortez” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa

You added Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km 7.3, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Laguna Hills, California
“Hacienda Encantada, Baja’s desert meets the Sea of Cortez”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My First visit to Hacienda Encantada I was awe struck to find myself at the perfect place where the Baja’s desert meets the Sea of Cortez. A short distance from Cabo, this beachfront Resort is a true place to unwind, relax and enjoy a wonderful Mexican vacation.
I was pleased with the cozy Traditional Mexican Hacienda style accommodations with modern décor, set in one of the most picturesque and tranquil settings amidst the mysterious Baja.
At nearby Chilano Beach I wander along the coastline and felt as if I was in my own world. Ecstatically, I discover hidden coves, went shell hunting, enjoyed the surf, snorkel and swam in the deep blue Sea of Cortez. At the resort,relaxing in the infinity pool I enjoyed the pool side food & beverage service and the magnificent cliff views of the ocean. There is no swimmable beach at the resort, but the spectacular rock formations are wonderful to look at. From my own private terrace, the breathtaking sunrise views, as well as golden sunsets over the world famous Land’s End arch was a photographer’s paradise.
Hacienda Encantada amenities include the adult/kids pool, whirlpool, and green putt area. With Several restaurants to choose from, I enjoyed Las Marias Restaurant and Bar, a Mexican food restaurant with paintings and murals paying tribute to the women of Mexico, it is one of the most romantic restaurants in Cabo. Other outlets include several restaurants, a snack bar, supermarket/drug store, and two panoramic view terraces perfect places to enjoy Sunrise and Sunsets. The resort does offer as an option “All Inclusive or Daily Breakfast”
I much preferred staying at the calm and relaxing Hacienda Encantada and taking the shuttle to Marina Fiesta their sister resort in town. I would suggest a car rental for the week for more than 2 people. Near-by by activities include Golf at the adjacent Cabo Del Sol course (rated number One in Latin America), sport fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling, Sandy beach, Zip-Lining or you can enjoy the famous Cabo San Lucas nightlife just a short, ten minute trip from the resort. Enjoy, relax, it’s your vacation!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Polish first
Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

When we bought our timeshare at HE three years ago, we were told that the resort will NEVER become a hotel!! That was the main reason we bought. Well, that's exacty what has happened. You can go on any travel site and book a week at HE without being an owner. HE also offers all inclusive, 5 day 4 nights for $399! Only requirement is to participate in a 90 min. timeshare presentation. That's less than $100/night All Inclusive. Who wouldn't take a deal like that?
Why would you pay 20K for a studio or 30K for a master suite when you can book a room thru a travel site and not have to pay the maintenance fees for the next 40 years? They do however offer their owners an all inclusive package for $85/day per person. If owners take that deal, it ends up being over $600 more than Joe public pays!! What's wrong with that picture?
During our recent stay, the hotel was overbooked, so no chance to change our room. There were also a lot of spring breakers there ("hotel guests"). I have nothing against kids on spring break, but if I wanted to go on vacation with spring breakers, I would have gone downtown Cabo.
Yes, the resort is beautiful, amazing views from the infinity pool, if you can get a chair. You have to get up before 7 a.m. if you want a chair. People "reserve" chairs early in the morning, not to return for hours to use them. The little signs the resort staff put on the chairs suggesting not to reserve the chairs are a joke. No enforcement!
The young men who drive the carts are very hepful and entertaining. Fernan, the activities director, is fabulous! Truly a wonderful man. HE is lucky to have him. Management could certainly learn a few things about people skills from their employees.
If I had iknown I could book a room at HE from any travel site out there, I would have never bought here. Lessons Learned!!

Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed here for 5 days, it was great overall!! They have about 5 different pools, with bars in some of the pools. The rooms...they're amazing. The bathrooms are HUGE! They all come with a jacuzzi tub, a huge shower and a water closet. They stock the fridge with beer and water everyday! The all inclusive is the best! I ate so much. You can get food at any hour. However, I wouldn't go there for the food. Not saying it was bad, but I have had better. But, I will say that the guacamole was phenomenal! This is a great place to vacation. Last but not least, I will mention the staff, everyone I met was incredibly friendly. But, stay away from the time share people, they're annoying.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
mpls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We love HE! Its a great place to just unpack and relax. We are owners there as well and there are some hiccups but overall the positives out weigh the negative. I feel you can never have a perfect stay anywhere but this is pretty close. We love the rooms, comfy and roomy. The bathrooms are so spacious with a soaking tub that opens up to the main area, a spacious shower, double sinks, and enclosed toilet closet. The kitchen is perfect size too set with a full sized fridge, microwave, burners and all the amenities but dont forget to bring coffee and filters. I use the mini store for odds and ends and its reasonably prices. They make several $3.00 sandwiches in the morning around 8am that they wrap in foil and put on the back shelf for purchase. We get them right in the morning while they are still warm and put them in the fridge for lunch. We go to town for breakfast and make it back by 1030am and chill at the pool for the day watching the whales jump and enjoy the crashing waves. The lunches are perfect by the pool, the quesadillas and tacos are plentiful. Happy hour is literally a happy hour and does not include everything but we take that in stride. Make sure you ask if its included in happy hour and drink fast! Its fun to take a risky walk down the granite hill and shell pick on the beach. The beach has a great view, wonderful rock formations covered in crabs. You can also find little tide pools around noon to soak in. Hands down this is one of the best places to witness the Cabo sunset, almost better than at Sunset Point. This is a timeshare resort, if you stay here you will be asked to go to a presentation. When you do... eat, relax, get some exercise by not taking a golf cart, enjoy the view and tell DC I said Hola! This is my home away from home and I dont rely on the wait staff and workers to care for my every need. I like that they give me my space and if I need something I am not afraid to ask. This resort is set on a cliff and is has a gated entrance. Its outside of town but has a shuttle to and from, for owners its free. There is a small gym with free weights, a few elipticals, 2 bike and maybe 3 tredmills. Dont expect much as its temporary but there is free water. If you like to run this resort could be for you. Its driveway is long enough for a good jog and if you like to walk you can work up a sweat just going from Phase 1 to the reception where they have free coffee. I enjoy coming back from dinner once or twice a week and hanging by the tequilla bar and hot tub listening to the singing guitarist. He is funny and takes requests. Just wish it was open later but I understand as it may be annoying to guests if he played past 10pm. Javier is the pool manager, love him! Esmeralda and Marta are kind spirits willing to serve you at the pool, they are laid back so be kind. Fernan is the activites director and is fun and full of life. HE has a great group of employees that live by the mexican minute, some may not like that so be aware. HE must be doing something right and treating their employees with respect because we continue to see the same group each time we return which in turn makes it feel more like home. If you stay here I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. If you want a party atmosphere or attentive, over the top service, this place is not for you. I will take questions if you want to msg me.

Room Tip: Phase 1 or Phase 2 south end, top floor
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Several years ago we took a timeshare presentation at Hacienda Encantada, which at that time consisted only of two model rooms and a big grass hut. The resort was to be perched atop a craggy cliff, with the Sea of Cortez pounding away at the massive rocks below. We took a look at the perfect view of Lands End, studied the plans for the resort, and made a decision to purchase a fixed week in a penthouse suite during week 52, which typically falls between Christmas and New Year's day. I have to admit making the purchase was scary, as we were really buying dirt at that time, and it took a year and a half before the first phase of the resort was open for business. Since that time we have stayed three times during Week 52 and three other times during the year, all the while watching the resort get better and better. For us it's a little like going to our vacation home, seeing people you like (the staff), enjoying the extraordinary views (including whales swimming past every day) and just taking it easy in comfortable surroundings. If occasionally there is a hiccup in service or facilities, you take it in stride and move on. It's a shame that so many people seem to have bad experiences there, many of which seem to revolve around the timeshare presentations. Unfortunately that is a fact of life not only at HE but everywhere in Cabo and other vacation destinations. Maybe the booking agencies are not making it clear enough that in exchange for a great price for multiple nights a timeshare presentation is required. Your vacation time is what you make of it, so if attending one of those things is not for you, don't go for the "great deal".

Room Tip: The "first phase" is right on the edge of the water and has the best views. The other pha...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Stephenson, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Our stay was also plagued by the overbooking. But the resort did excellent and offered us a junior suite with an all inclusive package instead of the one bedroom suite. Woo hoo! The room was nice and the staff is excellent and friendly. However, we too signed up at the airport to see another timeshare (by choice). The staff at HE made us feel like criminals as we were going the next morning to visit the property. We were basically accosted and told we should not go and HE would give us whatever the other property had offered us as incentives. We didn't want that. So we left and went to Pueblo Bonito - Sunset Beach to visit. It was beautiful as well. However, the staff at HE figured out (I don't know how) what we had done. And a wisecrack was made in Spanish from one staff to another about it WHILE WE WERE SITTING THERE! I complained but do not know if something was done about it. Also, the pools were not as clear as I would have expected them to be, especially since there is no beach on the property. I don't think we will be staying at HE again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
HaciendaEncantada, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your experience during your recent stay. Your comments are very important to us. We will look further into this matter.

Kind regards
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

So many mixed reviews on this resort and I can certainly understand why! Just returned a few days ago from a better than average all inclusive 5 night stay at HE with an obligatory time share tour(2.5 hrs). First, booked thru dream 2 travel and was left standing at the airport with NO transport as confirmed(in writing) and no reso at HE. Luckily I had an int'l phone- called HE and was told to show up at Marina Fiesta as HE was overbooked. Was re-imbursed for taxi(4 days later after badgering Lenin every day!).Room was old/ugly/Dinner at Lobster & Co. was excellent and included. I was persistant and demanded to be moved to HE the next day and was... First room was crap, bellman got us an EXCELLENT/ocean view room with big tub! The hotel turned out to be wonderful, all restaurant food and service was top notch and wonderful. Their reso administration is terribly disorganized and yet the property,all staff, view, cleanliness and facilities amply made up for the BS... Jeff the sales guy was reasonable but then got all winey and pissy when I said no for the 5th time. What do you want for $399 all inclusive for 2 unqualified time share crashers??? Quit complaining and recognize that it's 3ed world and cheap! I'd go back but book direct and if you get bumped to Marina Fiesta insist on being able to "day use all inclusive" at HE... The food choices at Marina Fiesta are better...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!