“Casa Bella was a No Show” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Bella Boutique Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cabo San Lucas
Casa Bella Boutique Hotel
You added Casa Bella Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Hidaldo #10 Colonia Centro, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #32 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Concord, California, United States
“Casa Bella was a No Show”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I made a confirmed reservation for two nights at Casa Bella with Barbara and received an email response confirming our two night stay for September 29 and 30. My wife and I arrived at Casa Bella at about 5:30 p.m. on 9/29, parked our car and found the front doors of the hotel locked. We banged on the door - no response. I called the hotel and left a message on the answering machine - no response. I sent an email to Barbara - no response. We assumed that she was out for a little while, so we had a margarita at Cabo Wabo and then went back. By this time it was around 6:30 p.m. but found the door still locked. We tried calling again but only got the answering machine. So, we faced the reality that no one was available to honor our confirmed reservation. I called around to find a room and was able to do so. About 7:45 p.m. on our way out to dinner, I received a phone call from Barbara. She was most apologetic, as she should have been, telling me that she thought our arrival time was 8:00 p.m. That was plainly just not true and the confirmation from her does not indicate that. (Flights into Cabo arrive in the afternoon, so what ever would lead her to believe that we would check-in at 8:00 p.m.?) anyway, she went on to say that she would make it up to us and that one of her employees quit that day - blah blah blah. I told her that we had already made other arrangements, and at the least, she could have called or emailed. That's it in a nutshell. We were very much looking forward to our stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BarbaraU43, Manager at Casa Bella Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Mr. Ron,
Thank you for your review (and sorry for responding so late to it, I finally figure out how to do so).

Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience I cause you during your visit.
I understand what I put you through arriving to a foreign country and not being there for you as you expected, I hope that everything else went fine with your stay and that wherever you stay somehow made up for my mistake.
I have no words, and no excuse.

If you think we deserve a second chance, and you decide to visit Cabo San Lucas again, we will be here.
If not, I surely understand.

I know it's already been about a year an a half since your awful experience with us, but I still wanted to let you know that I'm sorry I fail you!

Sincerely
Barbara Ungson

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dana Point, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Casa Bella feels like our home. Barbara treats us like family and coming home each night after a fun day in Cabo is so delightful.

This year we brought our family from Boston along with us and they loved Cabo too. Right outside the door is a pedicure and massage salon, across the street is DOC and on the corner is Cabo Coffee. What more can you ask for?

I'm returning this summer to visit my 'soon to be grandson' and I will stay at Casa Bella again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Fran,
Thank you for your review!!!
We hope that your family in Cabo let you come and stay with us again.
If not, your stopping by to say hi will be wonderful.
Barbara
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

We have been staying in CSL for 12 years in our timeshare. We go a few days early to stay in town and enjoy the leisurely pace and local color. We have stayed in other small inns and enjoyed them. But I think we have found our favorite in Casa Bella. The rooms are all a bit different. They are simple and clean, but homey. The decor includes interesting and well placed antiques (our room #11 had 2 old sewing machines). Barbara, the owner, is a wonderful hostess. This was her family's home for 50 years. The fruit and yummy bread breakfast (included) was a treat each morning on the terrace - good coffee too. No, this isn't a slick timeshare accomodation and if that is what you require, it's maybe not for you. But it is a tranquil oasis within walking distance to everything and it feels like home when you return. What a great find!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Miss Daisy (will not like to use your name since I don't want to expose it in public).
Thank you for your comments, you are very kind.
We hope you that if you decide to visit Cabo San Lucas again, you can stay with us.
It would be a pleasure.
Sincerely
Barbara
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

we have been vacationing in cabo san lucas for almost 20 years. every year we spend an extra few days at a different hotel other than out timeshare.
casa bella, located on the town square across from the church is truly a hidden gem. an old family owned hacienda has expanded to a boutique hotel. barbara, the owner is gracious beyond words. the rooms are beautifully appointed in an old mexico colonial style.
though located on the town square, it is a mostly queit, peaceful location. some nights a little music from nearby clubs/restaurants could be faintly heard, but nothing to lose any sleep by. continetal breakfasts in the morning included a huge fruit plate, wonderfully presented, fresh sweet mexican pastries, toast, bagels, and some of the best coffee we've ever had.
make certain to give pat on the head to bama, the beautiful, friendly family black lab who roams the grounds!
we look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

Barbara and her team helped each of us feel special in her beautiful oasis. The B&B was built as her family's home, and it shows the love and care throughout. The location is walking distance (even for the older members of our group) to the popular tourist harbor/beaches and facilities yet tucked in the peaceful town square. The patio provided a shaded gathering point for our group for evening drinks or breakfast, which was generous and delicious. Each room is appointed differently with taste and charm. The warm and welcoming hospitality made our special event memorable and truly special!

St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

I recently returned from a five-day visit to Cabo San Lucas where I had the pleasure of staying at the Casa Bella Boutique Hotel. It was a delightful experience.

Barbara, the owner, and her staff are quietly there to meet your needs at all times. They are very pleasant and make you feel like you are part of the family. The hotel is extremely charming with its beautiful courtyard, pool and terrace. Once you step inside the outside world just seems to go away.

Every morning we had breakfast of fresh fruit, Mexican pastries, fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee and tea served on the beautiful terrace. You can hear the birds singing and the rooster crowing. It is so peaceful.

The rooms are charming and each one is different. They all have amazing tile work and huge showers.

It is a short walk to all of the amenities of downtown Cabo and to the harbor where you can do as much, or as little, as you feel like doing.

I would highly recommend staying at the Casa Bella Boutique Hotel on your next visit to Cabo.

Los Altos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

A group of 24 of us were invited to spent 5 days at Casa Bella celebrating the 50th wedding anniversary for friends. This intimate little compound with 10 separate rooms is clean, comfortable and roomy and only about 1/4 mile from the harbor and city action. Casa Bella was built by the family who owns it; one of whom is a civil engineer and architect. It's charming, warm and traditional.

The best part is the owner and staff. It seemed like it was only a matter of hours before our entire group felt we were a part of the Casa Bella family. Among other things owner, Barbara, and staff prepared a celebration dinner for the 24 of us that was beyond description it was so good.

My wife and I recommend Casa Bella for anyone who wants a charming, intimate place to stay with exceptional personal service

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Bella Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!