“Well worth the money!” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Diego
“Well worth the money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Given the number of positive reviews on Trip Advisor and word of mouth kudos we heard about Redrum, I knew going into the experience that Redrum had a reputation to uphold as one of the best fishing companies in Cabo. They did not disappoint.

The Redrum website (which is well designed and user-friendly) states that reservations need to be made 24 hours in advance. Well, I called the number on the Redrum business card at 7:00pm the night before the trip and asked if they had anything available for the following morning. I did not know what to expect (given that I have never chartered a fishing trip before), but I would not have been surprised if the answer was "No, its too late to set anything up". But instead Ryan (the owners son) called around for an availability and got back to me that night letting me know that we were on for 6:30am the next day. Talk about Making it Happen!!!

The rest of the experience was awesome. We caught five Dorado that day (lost two of them close to the boat) and came back with at least 30 pounds of fish steaks. Redrum vacuum sealed our catch and we brought the fish back to our hotel and put them in the hotel freezer.

We got to talk to John, the owner of Redrum, and discussed the history of his business and the marketing aspects of Redrum Customer service at this place will ensure the continued success of this company for years to come. I cannot recommend Redrum strongly enough for your fishing needs.

FYI, Redrum is also pro-military and provides charters for disabled vets who have been wounded in action. Good stuff. I would like to see more companies extend appreciation in the way that Redrum does to those who serve at the behest of the nation.

Visited November 2012

Dover, Delaware
“tuna tuna tuna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Great day as always. I specifically targeted tuna and Edgar and Christian where young energetic and knowledgable. I fish many offshore trips and can tell when a boat is skillful and hardwaorking and the Tantrum had both. This is my 3rd time with Redrum and highly recommend then to anyone. They are profressional in all aspects.

san diego, Ca
5 attraction reviews
“Dorado”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I used this company last year and we got to go on a actual redrum boat. this year I used them twice and both times I had to go with a different (sister boat). boat was ok nothing to write home about. had roaches and we didnt really eat the lunch they provided becuase we were grossed out. they made up for it on the next trip. we got a bigger boat and the crew was pretty cool. overall good trips. I think its a bit pricey for cabo, I think i will look at other options if I go back. but the service is really good and youll have a good time for sure. if you use them try and get a redrum boat, you know they take care of them becuase they are their boats, the other boats are not as well taken care of in my opinion.

“Best Day Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Manuel and Edgar made our girls only fishing day a success!! So professional and knowledgable.They provided water and lunch and snacks.I have deep-sea fished many times but this was the most enjoyable time I have had. At the end of the day when we passed by other boats and displayed our flags we knew we had made the right choice.

Folsom, California
3 attraction reviews
“RedRum Sportfishing Excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

If you choose to book a fishing event at the Marina, go with RedRum Sportfishing. And ask for Manuel and Edgar. They both were wonderful and took care of us. I am talking 4 women fishing out there, and our boat came back with more flags than any other boat, except for one other and that boat was also with RedRum. Was a great experience and these guys knew where the fish were! We caught one awhahoo and 6 mahi mahi very shortly in the cruise.