“first class operation!” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Houston, Texas
“first class operation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My family was in Cabo for a family wedding and we wanted to fish during our stay. None of us had been deep sea fishing more than twice before. The timing was good, as the big tournaments were about to start in mid Oct., and the fish reports had been good. I did some quick research and settled on RedRum from the posts I had seen here. They had an opening on a day that would work with the size & price boat we wanted. From the moment I called and spoke to John several weeks before the trip to when we stepped off the El Nuevo after our day long adventure...everything was top notch. There were 4 of us on the boat and Alex (captain) and Jesus had us fishing by 7am and a Dorado on the line by 7:30, I think. We caught all 5 of our Dorado before 10am. Late morning we had a lull in action for about 2 hours but during this time Jesus NEVER stopped working, changing out lures and live bait to try to catch fish. We also saw too many dolphins to count and they swam with us for about an hour. We also saw a blue whale, sea turtles and flying fish, which was all great. The El Nuevo is a beautiful boat, VERY clean & great views from the captain's perch. About when our Dramamine was getting the best of us (sleepy time) that's when Alex spotted a striped marlin. He turned the boat, Jesus threw out the line to lure him with the live bait and hooked him. Things happened fast and the next 30 min my Dad spent bringing in the 160lb marlin. Beautiful fish and the guys worked very hard all day to make our trip a great one. We did come across a blue marlin later, but were unable to get it in the boat. We happily practiced catch and release on our trip. This day was a memorable one and RedRum is truly a first class operation. Their website answers all your questions before your trip and the RedRum family is happy to assist personally if it doesn't. A++ on service, equipment, value, friendliness and professional. Lastly, Alex and Jesus (El Nuevo boat) are hard working, friendly and great at what they do!! Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Paterson, New Jersey
“"Killer Fishing!!!!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

In 3 days of fishing with RedRum our group caught and released over 60 Darado, 3 Striped Marlin, 5 Tuna and a Sailfish the fish were the only thing that were not " Off the Hook!". Your captain's and mates are top notch the boats and gear are clean and well maintained and in 90 degree weather the beer was cold. I can not say enough about how much fun we had and how friendly you all were. The box lunches were fine as well BUT an hour after we had the first Tuna on the boat we were eating Sushi. We brought our own fixens of course it gets no better then that. The group will be back with you next year hoping to out do this years tally and with RedRum's crews I have no dought that will happen. Thanks again and "Tight Lines" Dan G. New Jersey, USA

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“RedRum Delivers Above & Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

A famiy vacation to Cabo San Lucas included a much anticipated opportunity to fish in the rich waters of the Pacific and the Sea of Cortez. After research and recomendations from others who have fished in Cabo, I reached a decision and I called RedRum Fishing Charters. I was greeted on the other end of the line by John who took all the time I needed to help me through the process of setting up the charter. Being a first timer to that part of the world, I had a lot of questions, John not only answered all my questions but went above by making suggestions and recomendations based on his knowledge of the area and our conversation. Upon arrival to Cabo we checked in with Tiffany to button up the details and inquire about hurricane Miriam which closed the port on Tues. Tiffany sensed my dissapointment that we may not get our shot on Wed. Busy as she was, she took the time with us to explain the options for the remainder of the week. She advised we call first thing Wed. morning to check in before we headed for the marina. John beat me to it and called us at our resort to let us know we were going fishing !!
We arrived at the marina, squared up with John, filled out our fishing licenses, met our captain and mate, got aboard and we were off - easy, professional, we started out the day with a great feeling. Did I mention that all I wanted to do was to hug a Blue Marlin - I've waited 14 years for this day. Captain Gaba got us on Dorado right away, Mate Noel was awsome with my family, helping them with each step of the fishing experience. Fish On ! it's not a Dorado - Noel sets the hook, fish straffes the leader and gets off - thought my chance at a Blue was over when Noel handed me the cut leader as a consellation prize. Captain Gaba was not giving up, we scanned the water, trolled through areas where we spotted activity on the water and we all chanted fishing calls, and then it hit ! In the chair I went, Noel set the hook, cleared all the other lines with amazing speed and the adrenalin kicked in. Captain Gaba did an outstanding job of working the boat with me and the Blue Marlin that breeched 1/2 dozen times. Noel was with me every step of the way. Just shy of an hour to get her to the boat, we were both tired and chose not to bring her on the boat for fear she would die. Dream come true !!! Tons of pictures and off she swam to fight another day. 5 minute celebration and Noel had the tackle right back in the water, my wife finished up our day with a nice Dorado. We could not be happier with our fishing experience with RedRum. But it gets better, upon return Noel expertly fillets the Dorado gets it in a container with ice and RedRum hustles the Dorado off to restaurant where we will dine on the fish we caught. The restauranrt is a delightful and magical little place in town that greets us enthusiastically and we end our awesome day with excellent service and our Dorado served Ceviche and Sashimi followed by 5 diiferent entree preparatoins. We can't wait to return and fish with RedRum Charters.
Customer Service =Excellent
Equipment = Top Notch
Captain + Mate = Professional, Friendly, Worked Hard to get us on Fish
A+

Visited September 2012
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
“Oct 2nd Fishing Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great day on Tantrum caught 6 Dorado ( Mahi Mahi) average 30 to 40lb .The Crew was great and did a great job ( Manuel and Edgar). We spotted a few Marlin but was unable to get them on the hook also saw a blue whale. Overall a excellent day, very hot. Looking forward to day 2 fishing with Reelrum

Edmonton, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Back for more!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This will be the third trip we are using Redrum. Every time they are completely professional and know where to go to get fish on the hook. We have used 5 different boats in the fleet and all are world class. I don't shop around or even consider any other operators. Book early and get ready for a workout!!!!