“nothing special but I really liked it overall” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas to your Saves list
Hotels.com Expedia.com
Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 4.5 Col. El Tezal, Cabo San Lucas 23454, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #62 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Burlington, NC
“nothing special but I really liked it overall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2007

I have been to Cabo twice and I stayed at this hotel both times. The first time I arrived right after a hurricane so I can't blame them for the dirty pools and lack of water on the first day. They didnt clean the pools but we had water by the next day. They upgraded my room to one with a balcony overlooking the ocean for my troubles. The second time I went I requested an oceanview like before but I didnt get it and they had no rooms to upgrade me to. I was very upset but after some foot stomping I gave in and gazed at the ocean from my balcony overlooking a building roof, a palm tree, and then the ocean. A few days into the trip we got locked out while we were ON the balcony. My boyfriend climbed to my brother's room's adjoining balcony and had to break the chain lock to free us. They didn't make me pay for the chain and (i guess since I didnt get my room and I was imprisoned on a two story balcony) at the end of the trip the waived the room service and international calls I had made. That saved me about a hundred bucks. The pools were clean the second time around and we used them and the numerous jacuzzis every day for hours at a time. they have a "beach" but if you want to swim then go somewhere else because it is very rocky and mostly for looks and sunbathing. very peaceful and beautiful though. i didnt eat at the resturaunts but that is because there are so many cheap wonderful places to eat in cabo san lucas. i rented a car because cabo is 6 miles from the hotel so i figured a taxi would cost the same either way. the staff was friendly and i found the rooms to be very clean. There is nothing super special about this hotel but it is very beautiful and quiet so if you want to relax then this is a good place to do it. I wasn't interested in all inclusive because Cabo San Lucas has so many places to eat and drink ( and darn cheap, some of them) that i would have been wasting my money. The quiet atmosphere really helps if this is to be a hangover laden vacation :) When I go back a third time I won't stay here again but only because I want to stay in town next time around. Truthfully, Cabo San Lucas is so much fun they could have handed me a pillow and a cardboard box and it still would have been my favorite vacation.

• Liked — the peaceful atmosphere
  • Disliked — lack of beach
  • Stayed October 2004, traveled with friends

Business
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2007

FEB 25-2005
Sorry that this is a late submission, i dont have one good thig to say about this resort. As a matter of fact you dont see the name come up very often in search engines for vacation packages, that should tell you something right there.

• Liked — The view was great
  • Disliked — Remote location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas

Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos
Address: Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 4.5 Col. El Tezal, Cabo San Lucas 23454, Mexico
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#22 Top resorts Hotel in Cabo San Lucas
#62 Business Hotel in Cabo San Lucas
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.