“Love these Guys” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 186 activities in Cabo San Lucas
Type: Boat Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Cabo Magic(R) Sportfishing has specialized in Cabo San Lucas Fishing Charters aboard Pangas, Cruiser, Sportfishers and Yachts since we were established in 1999. As seen on ESPN - OUTDOOR CHANNEL - OUTDOOR LIFE - VERSUS NETWORK. We are under the same ownership AND leadership since then as well. We look forward to the opportunity to Welcome You Aboard, because "We Are Ready To Hook You Up!" (C) 1999 Tommy Garcia
Ocean view, DE
“Love these Guys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

I have fished the in the fall in Cabo for 6 years now. For my last 4 trips I have booked with the Cabo Magic Fleet, fishing on both boats they own as well as smaller pangas that they sub-contracted for me. I have found their captains and mates to be knowledgable and outgoing and the owners to be overwhelmingly focused on customer service. On one half day panga trip, my boat's livewell overheated just a few minutes out of the marina and all of our bait died. The captain asked if we would like to continue the trip but we decided to head back in as it was our intention to spend the day fishing for roosterfish and small tuna with live bait. As a boat owner, I am more than aware that even with the most precautionary maintenance, things still break at the worst time. Once back on the docks, knowing that the booking office was closed on Sundays, I sent off an e-mail with my cell phone number to their website. Within 20 minutes I was called by the owner, Tommy, who arranged another boat for me the next day stocked with bait. I caught 9 roosterfish that day and missed 6 more!
Lori and Tommy have booked many trips for me since. I will book with no one else! I am looking forward to my next trip (in just 2 weeks ) to Cabo where I have booked 4 days with Cabo Magic.

dexbones
“Great experience with Cabo Magic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

My wife and I own at Pueblo Bonito Sunset and have fished in Cabo San Lucas 4 times in the last 2 years. We've used 3 charters, Cabo Magic twice. Both times with Cabo Magic have been very enjoyable and both have produced great fish. Our 1st trip out we landed 9 Dorado (averaging 20 - 25lbs each) producing nearly 50lbs of fillets for us to eat back in San Diego. The last trip (1 week ago - Sept 12, 2009) produced 1 50lb Tuna, 1 80lb tuna and 1 20lb Dorado. All fish on both trips were filleted by the crew at no charge. Having used a dock service before, I estimate that this saved us about $100.

Both bookings were incredibly easy and Lori is one of the friendliest owners we've encountered. This last trip, she upgraded us from our original 31ft booking to their 35ft Bertram for no extra charge. The crews on both trips were extremely professional, spoke english well and stayed on the hunt until we made the decision to return to the dock.

We went back to Cabo Magic for the value. The age of the boat and creature comforts have little to do with our enjoyment of getting on and bringing in big fish and lots of them. Other charters with newer fleets cost about 50% more but can't promise any better fishing experience than we've had with Cabo Magic.

Chris and Mel in San Diego

Dallas, TX
“These guys are the total package!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

My husband has gone out with Cabo Magic in the past with great success (3 marlins in one day the previous trip!!!) but it wasn't until I was planning a surprise birthday trip to Cabo for his 40th birthday that I found out how "full service" Cabo Magic really was!!! Not only did they help me keep it a surprise (thank you, Secret Agent Lori) but they planned a trip for his whole family to go out AND even got a birthday cake which was waiting on board!

My husband has gone deep sea fishing all over Mexico and the Caribbean and no one has ever come close to the quality, service and success like Cabo Magic Sportfishing in Cabo. Keeps us coming back time after time!!

San Diego
“Awesome outfit, every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

My son and I have been to Cabo Magic for two trips over the last 4 years and they've been fantastic. Ultra clean boats, great gear that never fails, excellent crew and experienced skippers who put you right on the fish. Highly recommended and definitely a keeper! Dan - San Diego

Petaluma, California
“a very satisfied cabo magic client!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

for starters, over a number of years, i have fished with cabo magic sportfishing several times, have posted numerous comments on the TA cabo san lucas forum about my experiences with them. several other contributors to that forum have their own favorites charters, which adds up to a variety of choices for fishing. all our recommendations are of course subjective, based on our experiences. for the record, i am not at all associated with cabo magic, have no business of financial investment, have never met the owners, but have found a charter company i enjoy and am happy to recommend. it has never occurred to me to write a review. i thought reviews were usually limited to resorts, restaurants, not attractions, businesses, etc. i entered cabo magic into the review search box, and frankly, was shocked at what i found.
i respect anyone's right to give their opinion about their experience. i also recognize that expectations and reality aren't always the same thing. personally, i have had the good fortune to not have suffered a mechanical breakdown on any of the boats i've chartered (and i usually book cabo magic or cabo magic dos). true, boats are machines, and machines sometimes break down. sure, fishing boats aren't always in perfect condition upon closer scrutiny, and yes, cabo magic boats, not unlike many, many boats in the los cabos sportfishing fleet can be a little "dog eared", especially given the number of hours they are fished, but i have never felt or even considered any of cabo magic's fleet less than completely safe and seaworthy. their boats do not disappoint me in any aspect. i've always had great, capable, hard-working crews, friendly and engaging each time.
as for cutomer service, i have always been treated fairly and professionally - one of the main, important reasons i continue to fish with cabo magic.
perhaps because i am a return customer several times over, my expectation and reality are in pretty close proximity. i charter fishing boats primarily because i love to fish - and as long as i get an honest effort from the crew, i'm a happy guy. for me, it's never been about the quantity of how many fish are caught, ibut about the quantity and quality of the effort put in to catch them! i too would be disappointed if the boat i spent good money for breaks down. but, i'm enough a realist to understand it happens. if the company offers to remedy the situation with a refund or another charter, i'd be okay with either, so long as i felt i was treated and compensated fairly.
in an attempt to offer some balance here, i happily recommend cabo magic sportfishing. i have directed many friends to check them out, fish with them. i have only gotten positive feedback. personally, i would not recommend anything - a fishing charter, a restaurant, a hotel to any friend if i believed they wouldn't enjoy it.
my shock of what reviews i found has less to do with the posted content - i'm certain they are based on individual experiences. what shocks me is that there isn't (until now) a single positive review for cabo magic.
i do wonder if that is a coincidence or by some design? (i don't consider myself naive.)no matter, i invite anyone to read the fishing related threads on the cabo san lucas forum, and/or contact me if they want to know more about my positive experiences with cabo magic sportfishing. i DO recommend them!