This place is a joke. I've been around the world and have stayed at all types of hotels and have experienced bad service and excellent service. However, this place tops it off. Everytime we walked to through the lobby, there were lines of people complaining. I'm surprised no one took the time to write anything here so buyers beware!! Hopefully, this will save someone from having a a honeymoon or anniversary from h*ll. And if you have stayed here and agree, shame on you for not warning us and ruining my vacation!
I'm writing this review nearly a YEAR after staying here. I was going to write a formal complaint to management but didn't because I knew nothing would be done in response. Hopefully, this post will cost them enough business to change management bc the actual hotel is nice - the management is BEYOND TERRIBLE FROM CHECK IN TO CHECK OUT.
1) They are trying to sell condos here and everything is geared for that endeavor. After traveling 10 hours to get there and in a state of starvation, I had to literally lose my temper for them to give me my room keys. They kept pushing this "tour" and made us sit down at some agent's desk after checking in as a delay and stall tactic to get our room keys and listen to their SALES PITCH.
2) They lie. After booking the room, our plans changed and we had a 3rd person coming. They stated that we booked the "room" and it accomodates up to 4 people when I called prior to leaving. Therefore, no extra charge. However, all that changed when I got there. They charged me a few hundred more for the 3rd person.
3) If you want anything - like towels, service you'd even expect at 3 star chains like La Quinta, or just a smile from the help - FORGET IT. You will have to call for clean bath towels. You can't get more than 1 towel for the pool. You can expect to wait 30 minutes for a waiter at the crappy boat restaurant.
4) No sleeping in! The housekeeper will knock and knock and knock all morning long despite having a do not disturb sign on the door knob. I'm talking loud knocking at 8 am and every 30 minutes.
5) Complimentary tickets are a SHAM. When we checked in, they gave us these "drink tickets" and stated that we get free food. When we went to the crappy boat restaurant, they acted like it was the first time they saw these "drink tickets."
6) They keep lying. We rented jet skis to go around the Arc and take some pics. When we got around the corner, one ran out of gas. It was an independent person who rented the jet skis and it took us 1.5 hour to find help to get us towed back in. We nearly wrecked onto the rocks. We complained to the management about the guys renting these on the beach. After listening to another sales pitch, they said they would get us a refund for them and deliver the refund to us in the morning. Think they showed up? Nope. I went down to talk to the girl who promised me the refund and she said she would be downstairs if there was any problems. However, she was off that day and was ALWAYS off that day. She lied.
Do not stay here unless you want to hate Cabo like I do now. This hotel made me dislike the people there and dislike Cabo period. I'll spend my $ in Vallarta and Cacun where the locals have the minimal level of service and decent courtesy you would expect in Mexico. I couldn't wait to leave after checking in.
The best part of staying here is when we LEFT the hotel and took a boat tour with some guy in the marina. If you do stay here, don't book any tours on their premises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning seaside views, historic scenery and high-energy entertainment results in a carefree and unforgettable vacation in the heart of El Medano Beach at Cabo San Lucas's Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa.If you're looking for a high-end, family-friendly resort, you've found it. In addition to its lavish surroundings with the wondrous El Arco rock formation on the horizon, Villa del Arco boasts a full-scale pirate ship, exotic cuisine, the renowned Desert Spa as well as numerous athletic and cultural activities.All 225 spacious, colorful and air-conditioned suites offer kitchens or kitchenettes and private balconies facing either the azure Sea of Cortez or our lush, exotic gardens.Our meticulous staff is committed to providing guests with "The three Rs": Relaxation, Recreation and Romance (yes, even for those with the kids in tow!). As our General Manager likes to say, "We offer experiences that make you forget the time and simultaneously remember every moment." For a lavish experience you are not soon to forget, we invite you to be our guest at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Arco Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Del Arco
- Del Arco Hotel
- Villa Del Arco Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos