My wife and I stayed there for five nights, and got the upgraded one bedroom suite with some sort of hospitality program, which gave us a bottle of wine, daily spa products and desserts, and very nice welcome basket with snacks drinks and even beers. We loved every minute of our time there! the place is beautiful, and the people that work there went out of their way to help us in any way possible. Especially Jorge, who gave us amazing recommendations as far as places to eat and see, and made us feel like we were family, not customers...
We did participate in a time share presentation, which we didn't really enjoy (not sure anyone does) but which paid fr pretty much all our drinks there, and gave us discounts on many of our meals (and an Internet code). Basically, I see those presentations as trades - I give them 90 minutes, they give me whatever it is we agreed on. If you don't like that, you certainly don't have to participate!
The location is perfect, too - you can walk to town, if you are so inclined, or take a taxi (~$7). It seemed to us that Villa Del Arco was a little quieter that Via De Palmar, one of the other hotels on the property (there are three), but that makes sense since Villa De Palmar has the arcade, the large store and the slide in the pool. There is a shuttle between the locations, but they are VERY close.
I read people complaining about folks putting towels on chairs early in the morning, then leaving the property an coming back hours later. We did see some of that, but the folks there do enforce the one hour rule (though they usually give you more than an hour, as a courtesy), and we were always able to find spots in the sun. The longest we had to look was a few minutes, at most.
Overall, we had a wonderful time during our vacation, and a lot of it has to do with Villa Del Arco, and the people that work there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning seaside views, historic scenery and high-energy entertainment results in a carefree and unforgettable vacation in the heart of El Medano Beach at Cabo San Lucas's Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa.If you're looking for a high-end, family-friendly resort, you've found it. In addition to its lavish surroundings with the wondrous El Arco rock formation on the horizon, Villa del Arco boasts a full-scale pirate ship, exotic cuisine, the renowned Desert Spa as well as numerous athletic and cultural activities.All 225 spacious, colorful and air-conditioned suites offer kitchens or kitchenettes and private balconies facing either the azure Sea of Cortez or our lush, exotic gardens.Our meticulous staff is committed to providing guests with "The three Rs": Relaxation, Recreation and Romance (yes, even for those with the kids in tow!). As our General Manager likes to say, "We offer experiences that make you forget the time and simultaneously remember every moment." For a lavish experience you are not soon to forget, we invite you to be our guest at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Arco Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Del Arco
- Del Arco Hotel
- Villa Del Arco Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos