“Good rooms and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa

You added Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km. 0.5 Camino Viejo a San Jose, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico   |
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
San Diego, California
“Good rooms and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed January 2013 in the 1 bedroom suite. Room (and hotel in general) was very nice looking... all tile, granite, etc. Room had lots of space... big bedroom with master bath, separated from an open kitchen, dining table, living room area. Balcony with table. A couple walking by on the beach one day actually asked us the hotel name saying it was much closer than they were staying and it looked very nice.

Location was close enough to marina to walk (maybe 20 minutes).

Pool was nice... nothing amazing. Had a couple shallow areas for real little kids, otherwise it was ~4 ft everywhere else. Couple hot tubs connected to the pools, and a couple more around the outside edges of the hotel. Pool had plenty of space when we were there, but i suspect it would be pretty full at a busier time.

My only real complaint was the drinks and food... seemed somewhat pricey (especially breakfast/lunch) for nothing special. Minimal variety, although being able to also use the restaurants at the neighboring la estancia and del parilla made it a bit better. The mexican restaurant was good.

Also gave you a semi-hard sell on going to their timeshare presentation at check-in... otherwise, no problem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
VDA-GM, Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear client,
Thank you for have chosen our resort to expend you past vacation in Los Cabos, and also for investing some of your valuable time to sharing your vacation experience in Villa del Arco. Your comments are very important for us because they help us identifying opportunity areas.
we appreciate your time and comments and look forward for your returning.

Warms regards ...

Miguel Rodriguez
Room Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was our first stay here, but we stayed at the nearby sister resort Villa del Palmar last year. We love this resort. We wanted a quiet stay so stayed mostly at the resort, but it's close to all the many goings on in the town. Service was excellent, friendly and fast. The gym is well-equipped. The spa is exceptional. There is so much beautiful pool area that there's no problem finding a quiet lounge chair. The only reason I didn't give this resort 5 stars is because of the pathetic television choice and the fact that we were expected to pay $50/week for Wi-Fi FOR EACH DEVICE WE WANTED TO USE! Also, the pillows are flat and lumpy, even after I asked for new ones, which were not much better. The sofa wasn't very comfortable for sitting any length of time. Finally, the "member update" was just a sales presentation to get you to upgrade.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor so views aren't blocked by the palm trees. Make sure you have a suite ov...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
VDA-GM, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments which are appreciated!. We are always striving in providing the quality of Service in our Resort. Our comittment is to pamper you and make sure that you Really enjoy your stay with us.

As per your comment on the TVS. I am sorry that this happened during your stay. I will address with the IT department and to avoid this happening in the future.

Thank you again and I hope to host again soon.

GM VDA
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent 5 days/4 nights at the Villa Del Arco, booked through Costco travel. What an amazing vacation this has been!! We are in our mid-30's and have traveled extensively throughout Europe and Caribbean, having been to roughly 20 countries. I have been to Mexico but never to Cabo so I was a little hesitant to go bc I'm such a beach lover (st. John & Eleuthera beaches are my fav) but we decided to give it a shot bc it's cheap and easy to get to. Airport customs were a breeze, maybe 15 min wait in line. Headed outside for our free shuttle to hotel (cost included w Costco, savings of $100). 30-45 min drive to Villa. Checkin was easy and quick. I had requested room 3602 A based on another room. I upgraded to an ocean view 1 bedroom and got room 3607A. Great view of pool and ocean. After checkin the Rep sat us down and explained the layout of the properties, gave us maps, tour brochures, etc, and tried setting us up to view timeshare, which we declined. They were offering $200 free drinks and a few other perks but I didn't want to attend. The 1 bedroom is huge, full kitchen, washer/dryer, huge balcony w table 4 chairs and 2 lounge chairs, plus 2nd balcony off master. Beds super comfy. Villa grounds are magnificent, people cleaning every sec of the day. Only ate at Deli and Buccanear, both fabulous and reasonably priced. Took $7 taxi to town every night, ate ate Nick-San (best sushi ever had), le dolce (average meal) and Wicked Pizza (absolutely incredible pizza and cheap and will deliver). Overall very very impressed at Villa Del Arco. We will be returning with our children in the future. Lots of umbrellas, reserve your chair early in the am, like 7am, servers wait on you all day and are very quick. People who complain about this place either had one bad experience w something to tip them over the edge, or are just unhappy people. I've been to over 20 countries and this is high on my list in terms of best vacation. Although the beach is not white sand and turq water, I got over it real quick. Advice is to get a 1 bedroom request room 3602, 3607 or 3604 A and you'll be extremely happy! There are 3 pools and 2 of the 3 have shade after like noon, so great for kids. Not a ton of kids, but also its mid-jan so they are in school. Email me if you have any questions. I wish I could keep writing, I loved it that much.

• Stayed January 2013
VDA-GM, Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Client:
It was very nice to host you in our Resort and we truly appreciate your comments. we will be delighted to see you back again and provide the Services you deserve.

Thank you for your nice comments !

Best Regards,

Mr. Miguel Rodriguez
VDA-Manager
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I liked this resort, but not quite as much as it's two sister resorts, Estancia and Palmar. The staff was friendly. Service on the beach was slow, but they were very busy the week we were there and quite overwhelmed it seemed. Very clean and cleaning staff was on top of things from dawn till dusk. Comfortable beds too. Only complaint is the garden tub in the master sticks out quite a bit and the floor is all tile. The last night we were there, I slipped on the bed side rug and bashed my face on the garden tub, causing a cut and three fractures in my nose and a concussion. We had to leave for the airport in 12 hours, so I toughed it out till we got back to Indy, then hit the ER. Remove the wicker rug from beside the bed and you will be fine!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
VDA-GM, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your comments, wich is really appreciated! We strive our staff to provide the best quality of Service.

I trully hope to host you in the near future.

VDA GM
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Desert Spa at Villa del Arco in Cabo San Lucas is a spa lovers delight. The facilities are spacious, attractive, and well-maintained by friendly and accommodating staff. The exercise equipment is plentiful and up-to-date. The three whirlpools – hot, warm and cold - are pristine, and the airy, skylit wet area is a perfect place to relax.

Daily spa treatment specials are an excellent value and of exceptional quality so we tried several. Eugenia worked her magic with the Baja Bliss Facial and Eye Treatment. She was warm, friendly, highly skilled, and selected just the right products to suit my sensitive complexion. She has a smooth, flowing style and does a transcendent foot massage. Mariana worked wonders on my husband’s sore muscles after personal yoga sessions with Robin, the spa’s energetic personal trainer. Minga’s manicure was relaxing and professional, with just the right attention to detail. After ten days we returned home looking very well tended, and indeed we were!

Thanks to the front desk staff – Olga, Veronica, Judith, Angelica, Nancy, Gladys – and to Adrianna and Indira, the women’s spa assistants, and Christian, the men’s spa assistant, and Francois, the manager, for their attentiveness. What a delight to be welcomed back by name after a year away!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Deat Customer,

It is always nice to be able to read such a great comment about our Resort. We thank you for taking your time to do so.

Our staff is comitted to provide the best quality of Service.

I trully hope to host you once again soon.

GMVDA
Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Traveled here in February 2008 and it was great! The bartenders were fun and the resort had a ton of activities! Walked downtown (took the scenic route) and there was lots to do in Cabo as well. There are also a few other resorts next door with events happening also. We did the all-inclusive for 4 out of the 7 days which was perfect. Loved Cabo!! p.s. make sure you spend a morning in the hot tub overlooking the beach/sunset!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
VDA-GM, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Client,

It is always a pleasure to read how much you enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write as I will share this with my entire staff.

I hope to host you once again very soon.

Best Regards,

GM VDA
Miramar, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have stayed here two times. In the summer of 2011 and 2012. We are scheduled to return in
July 2013. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. Food is Amazing. Trust me, I know food and all the meals were spectacular. We had an amazing time. This is our favorite place in the world to stay. Service is top-notch! The only disappointing part was that last year we noticed that the restaurants had long wait times or there was no availability even though there were empty tables. Strange. This was the only disappointment. Lack of staff it seems during the night for the restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Client,

We are so happy to hear that you and your lovely family had such a great time in our Resort.

We are always striving to provide the Excellent Service you deserve.

I will share your comment with my staff of how wonderful vacation you had.

I trully hope to host you once again wich will be our pleasure!

Thank you and see you on July.

Mr. Jorge Herran

Been to Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!