During our recent honeymoon stay at the Villa Del Arco, valuable diamond earrings were stolen from our room. Without a doubt, this resort is beautiful, if your want to risk losing your valuables though.
Oh sure...the so-called Chief of Security visited the room to investigate. However, we required a translator to assist, at this Hotel which caters to 95% English Speaking Americans.
As part of the investigation, it was determined from a review of the electronic lock that there were 3 separate incidents where different members of housekeeping entered our room, during our absence. Initially, we were assured that there would be "lie detector tests" administered on all 3 of the personnel. Later, we were informed that that would not be the case. Inside job maybe?
After nearly 30 days of exchanging communications that involved (1) The Director of Sales (2) The Regional Director of Operations and finally (3) The Rooms Division Manager, they informed us that they couldn't prove that their hotel employees were involved and that we needed to file a claim with our personal insurance carrier.
The worst part is that we are timeshare owners with the Villa Group and had expectations of a more reasonable outcome with some form of restitution.
Overall, be sure to place everything (except your suntan lotion) under lock and key. Be assured that the tiny safes provided in each room are incapable of securing all of your personal valuables otherwise. Don't waste your hard-earned money investing with this Company. You can do better by purchasing a vacation package through Expedia, Orbitz, etc.. Their new gimmick is to try to charge you 15K or more, to convert all current owners from a 30 year term ownership to a point program. No wonder the Resort owners are debt-free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning seaside views, historic scenery and high-energy entertainment results in a carefree and unforgettable vacation in the heart of El Medano Beach at Cabo San Lucas's Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa.If you're looking for a high-end, family-friendly resort, you've found it. In addition to its lavish surroundings with the wondrous El Arco rock formation on the horizon, Villa del Arco boasts a full-scale pirate ship, exotic cuisine, the renowned Desert Spa as well as numerous athletic and cultural activities.All 225 spacious, colorful and air-conditioned suites offer kitchens or kitchenettes and private balconies facing either the azure Sea of Cortez or our lush, exotic gardens.Our meticulous staff is committed to providing guests with "The three Rs": Relaxation, Recreation and Romance (yes, even for those with the kids in tow!). As our General Manager likes to say, "We offer experiences that make you forget the time and simultaneously remember every moment." For a lavish experience you are not soon to forget, we invite you to be our guest at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Arco Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Del Arco
- Del Arco Hotel
- Villa Del Arco Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos