“Room Theft - Beware” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa

You added Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km. 0.5 Camino Viejo a San Jose, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico   |
Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Providence, Rhode Island
“Room Theft - Beware”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

During our recent honeymoon stay at the Villa Del Arco, valuable diamond earrings were stolen from our room. Without a doubt, this resort is beautiful, if your want to risk losing your valuables though.

Oh sure...the so-called Chief of Security visited the room to investigate. However, we required a translator to assist, at this Hotel which caters to 95% English Speaking Americans.

As part of the investigation, it was determined from a review of the electronic lock that there were 3 separate incidents where different members of housekeeping entered our room, during our absence. Initially, we were assured that there would be "lie detector tests" administered on all 3 of the personnel. Later, we were informed that that would not be the case. Inside job maybe?

After nearly 30 days of exchanging communications that involved (1) The Director of Sales (2) The Regional Director of Operations and finally (3) The Rooms Division Manager, they informed us that they couldn't prove that their hotel employees were involved and that we needed to file a claim with our personal insurance carrier.

The worst part is that we are timeshare owners with the Villa Group and had expectations of a more reasonable outcome with some form of restitution.

Overall, be sure to place everything (except your suntan lotion) under lock and key. Be assured that the tiny safes provided in each room are incapable of securing all of your personal valuables otherwise. Don't waste your hard-earned money investing with this Company. You can do better by purchasing a vacation package through Expedia, Orbitz, etc.. Their new gimmick is to try to charge you 15K or more, to convert all current owners from a 30 year term ownership to a point program. No wonder the Resort owners are debt-free.

BEWARE.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Meridian, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and come a little late so our standard room was taken so we were upgraded to a jr suite the view from the bacony was great we could see the Arcos right in front of us the rooms were great and very clean only down side is the time share they do bug you the first day you get there just learn to say no yhank you

Room Tip: get the upgrade forthe view its worth it
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
VDA-GM, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear customer,
We are so happy to hear that you had a great time in our Resort and We will be very happy to host you again.

Thank you for your comments.

Best Regards,

Mr. Jorge Herran
VDA GM
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had a beautiful stay and booked through Bob Easton at Destination Vacations. Bob always does a great job getting us what we want. Beautiful 3bdrm penthouse! The service was great too! The waiters at the pool were always very attentive - especially Cristino (hope I spelled it right). If you just avoid the time share folks everything always works out great. Also, a staff member named Irene that is a chef at the breakfast buffet was fabulous!

Room Tip: Of course you always want closest to the beach on high floor!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
VDA-GM, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Client:
It was very nice to host you in our Resort and we trully appreciate your comments. We sincerely hope to see you back and provide the Services you deserve.

Sincerely

Mr. Jorge Herran
Villa del Arco Mananager
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

On November 23, 2012, during a stay at a Universal Vacation Club location, Villa Del Arco, my cousin and I were subject to assault, battery, duress, and harassment by Universal Vacation Club employees.
Our families were guests at Villa Del Arco from November 16-23rd. I arrived several days after my family on November 19th. On November 22nd my aunt and mother received a bill for charges associated with the room. Numerous charges on the bill were inaccurate, inflated, and occurred during time periods prior to the November 16th arrival. Among these charges were several breakfasts that were included in our stay. My aunt and mother spent hours going over the disputed bill with the front desk attendants. My mother and aunt informed me that the front desk was being completely uncooperative and while they did remove many of the false charges, they simply refused to remove others, even where no bill could be produced. The bill dropped several hundred dollars after the false charges were removed, however there were still many in dispute. The front desk told my aunt that she would have to take it up with the credit card company.
Neither my cousins, nor I, were a party of any of these discussions. Our names were not associated with the reservation. At approximately 12:30 pm on November 23, 2012, my cousin and I asked for a taxi to take us to our international flight. We had left sufficient time to taxi and make our flight without issue. However, when we asked for the taxi, we were told with much hostility, by the manager, Eduardo, that we could not leave the premises until the primary person on the room signed for the charges. I calmly informed him that neither of us was that person and that we needed to catch a flight. He once again with great anger told me that we would not be given a taxi and that he needed the primary person to sign for the credit card he had on file. This exchange went on for some time, with me explaining that I was not that person and that I was now in danger of running late for my flight.
Finally, after getting nowhere, my cousin and I said we would walk to get a taxi. We left the front door and got to the gate where we were told that we would not be allowed to leave without first paying. Once again, I explained that they had a credit card on file, that it should be used, and that we were going to miss our flight. As we continued to try and leave the gate, we were subjected to assault and battery as the man at the gate physically grabbed the bags in our hand and began to try to drag us back into the hotel. I yelled at the man to stop touching us that this was illegal, that I was an attorney and he was assaulting us and had now harmfully and offensively touched both myself and my cousin. Still, he refused and a screaming match and tug-of-war ensued. My cousin was visibly upset and trembling as was I. I continued to explain that we needed to catch our flight.
After much struggle at the gate, I finally marched back up to the hotel and demanded that they stop holding us hostage and allow us to catch our flight. The manager admitted that he had a credit card on file for the person named on the room, but that he knew that she was going to attempt to dispute many of the charges.
In the end, I was forced to put the charges on my credit card despite not being in the country when many occurred and them having an accurate card on file. Exhausted, assaulted, battered, and harassed, we were finally able to leave the premise in a taxi and barely catch our flight.
Upon return to the states I learned from my aunt that she had in fact signed for the charges and been told that everything was taken care of! When she checked out with Jorge at the front desk, he asked if she preferred to leave the incidental charges on the card on file and she said yes. She signed the bill and also signed on behalf of her sister, Sylvia, since she had already left, which my aunt let him know. He asked her to write on a piece of paper that Sylvia had left, which she did. She said to him, "Are we good then?" He replied, "Yes" and my other cousin and her left.
We travel for business and pleasure frequently and it is common practice to leave charges on the card on file even if the person whose name the reservation or credit card is in has left. If there were any issues with this, she should have been notified at the time I checked out.
I’ve never experienced worst customer service. I’ve never been physically attacked by an employee of a company. I’m planning to file litigation and I am demanding the following: (i) A formal written apology to myself and my cousin, (ii) immediate resignation of the supervisor who ordered the assault and battery, and (iii) a return of all funds charged to my account.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We own a timeshare here so we go about every other year. We love Villa Del Arco. It's a great location with an amazing view. It even has a strip of nice sandy beach whereas a lot of Cabo beaches are kinda rocky. Staff are always very nice. Between this and villa del palmar next door, you have enough restaurants and activies.

Their spa has been voted #1 in Cabo and it's amazing! The the service from spa attendant is out of this world.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Prince Albert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our stay at Villa del Arco was all we were expecting. Our one bedroom with kitchen, two baths and laundry was more than enough room for two. The staff was friendly and helpful and any dealings with staff went smoothly. We were on the 5th floor overlooking the quiet pool so we really enjoyed sitting on our balcony which had table and chairs and two great loungers and was quite peaceful. We did quite a few of our own meals and the kitchen had everything we needed.
Groceries are available within the hotel complex but are expensive so we bought our groceries in downtown Cabo.
We spent more time around the pool than we usually do since they have a few pools to choose from and we enjoyed the quiet area. The beach provided umbrellas and loungers and the beach action is fun to watch. The water was quite rough when we were there so didn't do much as far as water activities.
We found that there were many things to be involved in but our week was spent just relaxing around the pool, early morning walks on the long stretch of beach, walks into town and checking out a few places to eat. We also tried the spa which was fabulous. It is well worth the money and if you have a treatment you can use the facilities all day.
Tip- If you are a timeshare owner make sure you book well in advance, at least a year if you want a specific time, since Del Arco fills up fast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tulsa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Enjoyed 5 days and would definitely return. Hotel is clean, staff efficient, food is delicious at the hotel restaurant. Don't love all the time share salespeople constantly around but I guess this is the business that you have to deal with.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean FRONT when booking to have nothing between your room and the ocean. Ocean VIEW is goo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!