“Perfect location, beautiful hotel, gorgeous views, excellent food and drink!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa

You added Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km. 0.5 Camino Viejo a San Jose, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico   |
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Massapequa Park, New York
“Perfect location, beautiful hotel, gorgeous views, excellent food and drink!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

This resort is in a great location, on a swimmable beach (it does get a little rought at times) in a quiet location about a mile from town. The views from the pool, beach and every restaurant is breathtaking. The food is excellent, we highly recommend the all-inclusive plan because it does get a bit pricey and everything you would want is included in the plan. Service was excellent (even though tips are included, we found it effective to tip small amounts to get personalized attention). The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, Juan and Esteban at the pool side service, Yoshelin at La Perla and the staff of El Faro. We caught fish while deep sea fishing and El Faro did a phenomenol job of preparing a special meal for us. We would go back in a heartbeat, our kids (21 and 20) were equally impressed.
It does get quiet at night, but it is a $7. cab ride to Cabo - and nightlife.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

The ups...we were guests of a member so we had the benefit of the Gold Card discounts. The two bedroom condo had plenty of room for our party of four. The full kitchen and washer/dryer came in very handy. We ate lunch by the pool and on the pirate ship. We took the trolley to the Palmar every night for ice cream, to grab something from the market, go the the ATM or to get pizza.

The downs,,,the spa was very confused if you needed to change a reservation. We were not given any type of tour or info on the porperty because we were not members. We had to figure things out on our own. An MTV show was being taped and the property did not give the guests any warning. I was concerned about my children being taped without our permission. Eventually the producers asked me to sign a waiver because our children were indeed caught on tape. I refused repeatedly. The sushi restaturant closed one evening with no notice because MTV was using it.

The bus to WalMart was quick and less than one dollar. A taxi to the marina/downtown was between 7-10 USD.

Room Tip: all of our rooms were in the 3300's with great views of the ocean and near the pool
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We loved this place and will stay here again if we get the chance to return to Cabo San Lucas. My fiance, now husband, and I like to try new places but maybe we'll come back for a family reunion! We checked out the sister properties next door at Villa Playa and Estancia, and we are very happy that we chose Archo. The others, Playa is good if you don't mind crowds, many kids and funny smells while Estancia seemed too quite like a library. **The pool at Archo is the best of all 3 properties with cleanliness, space, and the ship created much needed shade for half of the pool when needed!** Everything from the very spacious and clean 1 bedroom room (with washer, dryer, stove, dish washer, all to our surprise!) to the decor, pools and helpful service staff, not complaints. This is a property that sells timeshares, but all you have to do is say, "NO," if you are not interested. They are not pushy about it, and they don't need to be since the place sells itself. I got a great deal on Orbitz.com with air, hotel and land transportation included. We love, love, loved it here. FYI #1 - If you want to swim in a safe part of the ocean, outside of Villa Del Arco seemed to be the safest and less crowded but still difficult. The water is calmer, beautiful and just as warm at Pelican and Lover's Beach, just a 5 - 10 min water taxi ride across the hotel :) FYI #2 - Try the fish or any of the taco choices at TABASCO's on the beach - fresh and very budget friendly. From Arco, walk out onto the beach and go right for about 100 yds. FYI #3 - Room service was super fast! We ordered pizza even though they don't make it at the hotel so they got it somewhere withing 30 min on a busy night for them. Only Domino's can deliver directly to Villa Del Arco, but we are not fans of Domino's. FYI #4 Cabo San Lucas city is just a 30 min walk or 5-10 min taxi away.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I would recommend the Villa Del Arco to anyone! We will be back time and time again! Not only did we stay 9 nights All Inclusive here... we also got married here... and we brought a total of 30 family and friends with us to celebrate! The Villa Del Arco exceeded my expectations in every way. The food was terrific! The pool was fabulous! The service we received was impeccable! Raymundo at the pool/ pirate ship was my favorite server by far! He took care of us everyday. He knew what we wanted before we could even tell him. He had the greatest sense of humor. What a treat!! I loved El Faro Restaurante'! I'm a big chinese/ sushi fan and this place blew me away. Our server Jose Colorado at El Faro remembered us the whole trip and treated us like royalty! He was my husbands favorite!

The beaches are beautiful. The view from the hotel can not be beat! I've stayed at other hotels in Cabo before and always wanted to venture out to the Marina at night for dinner... etc. But when we stayed at The Villa Del Arco we had to MAKE ourselves leave this hotel... it was just that good!! I do highly recommend All Inclusive. You will get your money's worth!

The spa was amazing! We did a romantic couples massage followed by hot tub time in their private spa room. Loved it! I had Gisela do my hair and makeup for my wedding. She was incredible. Gretel arranged my wedding/ reception. Let's just say it was the best day of my life! Thanks.

The rooms are nice. The balcony is even better! Get an Oceanview. I liked having a one bedroom suite. Although we did not cook one time in the room it's nice to have that option/ space. I know a lot of people talk about the timeshare trap. We simply said no thank you at check in and were never asked again.

We are going back to Cabo in December and will definitely be staying All Inclusive at the Villa Del Arco once again.

Room Tip: Ocean View is worth the money!
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

The resort is A+ and the location is A+++++. Amazing views of the Arch. Rooms were clean and service was great. it's 3 min ride far from downtown and the good night life! wil repeat the stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Novato, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My fiance and I stayed here with another couple for 7 days and 8 nights in August. The property itself is very clean and well maintained.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which had a nice size jacuzzi tub and extremely soft and comfortable bed. It also had a full kitchen although we didn't end up taking advantage of the use of it since we purchased the all inclusive plan on Expedia. I would highly suggest purchasing all inclusive at this resort due to the prices of food and drinks. We honestly got our moneys worth with the amount we ate and drank at the resort. The only thing I wasn't fond of about our room specifically was its location. If you were on our balcony, you only got a partial ocean view since it was obstructed by the property itself. Also, if anyone was standing at the elevators on any floor, they could see directly on to your balcony.. so no privacy there whatsoever. I generally like to wake up in the morning and hang on the room balcony, but I wasn't fond of folks staring at me doing so.

I thought the food was excellent. Every morning they had a full breakfast buffet with just about everything you can think of. The nachos by the pool were also amazing. We took full advantage of the taco bar by the pool as well. Also, the wait staff around the pool was always really attentive and kind. Juan is the man!! Oh and the pool chairs are amazing at Arco.. everything at Via Del Palmar was iffy including the chairs, their pools were also way too crowded everyday.. and dirty. if you purchase all inclusive at any of these hotels you're supposed to get access to all 3 properties including La Estancia, but for some reason we had no access there and were asked to leave the grounds when we were just taking a look around and checking it out.

The only thing I wasn't fond of was the sleepiness of the property. Everyone seemed to have gone from the pool by 7PM, and not a soul was around after 9. Although it was very quiet and relaxing there was NO nightlife. You cannot get a drink here after 8. Theres no open bars on the property and everything pretty much shuts down. Being 30 years old I was hoping for a little more going on at our hotel but we just ended up going downtown for nightlife.. which there is plenty of in Cabo.

I really did like the Arco but I probably wouldn't stay there again due to the nature of the types of vacations I enjoy. If you're a family that enjoys peace and quiet at night and a lively pool atmosphere during the day, this hotel is for you. Its got a great beach and lots to offer to right types of vacationers.

Room Tip: I would suggest getting a 1 bedroom here, but make sure you have a full ocean view if you can.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Villa Del Arco kept showing up, as I researched different travel sites. Costco had all other prices beat for a 2 bedroom suite with Food and Beverage, and Spa credit. Price included airfare for 4 from Seattle.

I was really happily surprised at how beautiful the suites were. The resort is also beautiful and very clean. We did not have the all inclusive package as we planned to eat out for dinner nightly. There is a bakery deli coffee shop on the Villa Del Palmer property so we took quick trips over there for our morning wake up coffee.

We had great service at the pool and the food was really good there too. We used our $200 food credit for drinks and snacks during the day. The pirate ship in the middle of the pool was awesome and you could eat on the ship if you wanted to.

The only negative thing I have to say about the resort is the noise that the timeshare people made walking potential clients to and from the Bloody Mary Room! We had no idea that they started the "festivities" at 7 am and woke us up every morning. The chitter chatter between the timeshare people, the high heels clicking on the tile flooring, and the general banter they had with the "victims" or guests was all morning long.

I realize they are trying to generate sales of time shares, but don't put the sales departments and "Blood Mary Room" aka the "Drink Tank" at the end of the hall of an 2 bedroom suite, (which was costlier than a regular room).

If it was just me and my husband on vacation I would have moved immediately. But since it was 4 ladies with all our clothes and shoes etc.. it seemed like a hassle to pack everything up and unpack again.

We had only been asked once, when we checked in, if we would like to tour the facilities, and we just told them no, that we were headed to the pool and they never bothered us about timeshares again.

SPEAKING OF TIMESHARES.....The airport is slick!

As I have traveled to Mexico often I quickly hurried the 3 friends out of the airport so we wouldn't be bombarded with Timeshare people there. Oh they are slick too. Often they are wearing the same colored polo shirt as the Real Costco representative, who is there to get you on the right shuttle. I admit, the guy inside got me and then he told me to see the Costco guy outside, who was also wearing the same colored shirt and he too was NOT from Costco. Fool me once, Shame on you! Fool me twice, Are you kidding me?

Just follow the instructions that come with your itinerary as to who and where to meet your shuttle hotel person and you'll be fine.

As for the negative reviewers that claim the hotel is probably writing their own positive reviews; I am not a timeshare representative, I am not a member of the hotel and I loved the Villa Del Arco. We 4 ladies will be doing another girls weekend there!

Room Tip: Stay away from the timeshare hall. Where they parade the guests to the Drinking room to sign up for...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!