We stayed a week in this small Spanish style suite hotel. It is located on the Tourist corridor about half way between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo so it is away from busy tourist activities. The hotel itself is rather dated and the amenities are somewhat spartan, but everything is very clean and all the basics are there but limited. e.g., dishes, kitchen equipment. The staff was friendly, responsive and welcomming.
The beach is beautiful and the waves are dramatic. We could see fish jumping. It is not a swimming beach but it is very private and long walks are possible although it is somewhat difficult to walk on the beach because it is quite steep and the sand is rather abrasive.
The hotel is right on the highway which is quite busy, but the suites are built on the cliff going down to the beach. There are lots of stairs from the lobby to the beach. You should really have a car because if you want to go anywhere you would have to wait for the bus. We enjoyed driving into San Jose del Cabo and attending the Thursday evening art walk. San Jose is a quiet, authentic town, while San Lucas is more "party hardy."
We had an awesome room with a view of the pool and ocean, but were lucky that no one had the suite next to us because we would have had to walk in front of their unit to get to ours and we would have had to share the deck in front which we used every day and for breakfast and many evening meals. The restaurant is quite good -- simple basic food with a Mexican flair and very reasonably priced. We had the beach dinner with bonfire one night to celebrate our anniversary and it was wonderful -- very good food and very memorable with the ocean waves crashing around us.
We would recommend this hotel to those who don't want to pay high prices, are okay with basic but clean amenties and want a relaxing beach vacation. There are minimal activities, no kayaks, etc., but the pool is very nice and there are hot tubs, a pool table, ping pong table and a spa. The views are truly magical.
- Also Known As:
- Marbella Suites En La Playa Hotel
- Marbella Suites En La Playa Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Marbella Hotel En La Playa
- Marbella Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Marbella Suites En La Playa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint Beachfront hotel embodies an authentic Mexican experience, while remaining distinctly different. Its traditional Mexican architecture and spacious accommodations ensure relaxation and comfort for all of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Venere, Fareportal and Tingo so you can book your Marbella Suites en la Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.