We stayed at the Marbella suites en la playa over Christmas and although it was our first trip ever to Los Cabos, we lucked out finding this gem. We rented a car from Dominic at the airport. One of his guys waited right by the car and greeted us, no hassles. Even at the drop off, one of his guys found us and took back the car, no problems, just wonderful! NO time share guys here!
On our way to the hotel we enjoyed the scenery and were pleasantly surprised how easy it is to get around. You don't have to go fast if you don't want to. This is a two lane highway and if someone speeds they can just pass you. Since the hotel is on the other side of the road and you cannot just turn left, we had to keep going until we found a turn-around (Chileno beach area at least I think it was this one) which was no problem to find. Chileno beach turned out to be our favorite beach, esp. if you walk a bit further south where you can find a few less busy beaches/bays for swimming and fabulous snorkeling.
Once at our hotel we were greeted by the friendly front desk man, sorry don't remember his name. Checking in was fast, no line-ups. They brought our stuff to our one bedroom suite (#52) and we made ourselves at home. It had a kitchenette which can be misleading to some folks as it only has a microwave and coffee maker with a fridge but no stove top. We may bring a small cooking element/stove with us next time to fry up some eggs or fish.
The suite was nice and very clean, no bugs unless you keep the unscreened windows open with the lights on. It has a safe which has a code to open and close. We did have to call the front desk to send someone to show us how the safe is operated and also to bring a hair dryer as they forgot to put one in the room. Whithin minutes we had both taken care of.
The beach is only a few steps down past the restaurant and pool. There are two hot tubs who are pretty hot. The pool isn't heated so it's nice to have dip in the pool in between hot tub sessions.
We did eat at the restaurant a few times and the food was really good. Being on a budget we bought some wine and beer and used plastic cups or travel mugs to put our drinks in and take with us anywhere on the property.
The staff works so hard to keep the place clean and neat it was great to see. Needless to say we left a nice tip for the maids every day and also other things like clothing, cosmetics and such which they may like.
There is an elevator for anyone who cannot do stairs.
Movies where on most nights on a screen above the swimming pool. We were mosly alone watching movies in a lounge chair with our drinks in hand.
They also made a fire on the beach every night. If you plan to have dinner by the beach, you can sit by the fire after, which is really nice.
If you sit anywhere near the pool or beach, the staff will come and ask if you need anything and you can order food or drinks if you like.
We are going back to Marbella next winter. I like that this place is less busy and quiet. Our room was the basic garden view room but from our bedroom we could the see the beach and the water, it was awesome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint Beachfront hotel embodies an authentic Mexican experience, while remaining distinctly different. Its traditional Mexican architecture and spacious accommodations ensure relaxation and comfort for all of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, HotelsClick, Priceline, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Marbella Suites en la Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marbella Suites En La Playa Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Marbella Hotel En La Playa
- Marbella Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Marbella Suites En La Playa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos