We flew in a day prior to our resort reservations and wanted something cheap, downtown, safe, close to everything, and clean.
We were very happy with the Comfort Inn. A few steps from the Cabo Wabo, Happy Ending, Marina, and very inexpensive (use AAA card!). The money we saved by not going to the Tesoro paid for drinks and dinner, and since we had a free breakfast, we also saved money there. In all, we probably saved $50 by not going to the Tesoro.
1. Check-in was easy, no rip offs, no timeshare sales.
2. The pool area was extremely nice and very clean. We were surprised. There were people cleaining it all day. The whole place was treated very nicely.
3. At check-in they gave us the password for the free Internet. Not bad, considering resorts charge up to $20 per day.
4. Close walk to everything downtown.
5. Free breakfast (not incredible, but free)
6. Great staff. Got a cab for us when we headed for our resort
The kind of bad:
1. The room was nothing but stucco walls, a TV and phone. It may have been redone recently, but it was pretty dark inside the room. The bathroom was reminiscent of the old college days staying at a very cheap hotel.
2. After about 4pm the pool area didn't get any sun.
3. The bed was extremely uncomfortable.
Overall, it was a great way to start the trip cheaply (the earlier flight saved us $700, so this was a great way to spend our travel day)
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.