“Nice place to stay, especially if you're on a budget” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Quinta Del Sol

You added Hotel Quinta Del Sol to your Saves list
Hotel Quinta Del Sol
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Lazaro Cardenas S/N | Bordo. Col. Arenal, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico   |
Ranked #34 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Central Point, Oregon
“Nice place to stay, especially if you're on a budget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here eight days. The staff is very accommodating and eager to please. Our package included a wonderful buffet breakfast each day ... fresh squeezed orange juice, GREAT coffee, waffles, French toast, pancakes, scrambled eggs, frijoles, and all the makings for fajitas from 7:00 AM to 10:00 every day. Their lunch and evening offerings are so-so. Our room had a small fridge, a double stove-top, a microwave and coffee maker but very few utensils, dishes, pots or pans. Downtown is about a half mile one way and Wal Mart is about the same in the opposite direction. Local buses pass by frequently and cost about $1.50 to go anywhere in town. Medono beach is a 1/4 mile walk ... just beautiful. I HIGHLY recommend Hotel Quinta Del Sol !!

Room Tip: We were on ground level and tile floors above transfer the sound of footsteps very well. Our upstai...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Juan Carlos M, General Manager at Hotel Quinta Del Sol, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Dave:

Thank you very much for your kind review. All our staff is happy to know that all their efforts are reflected in your comments. And of course, we all will be happy to see you again in this place.

The Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Likes:
Bed was comfortable
Shower was very large and water pressure was fantastic
Free full breakfast was very good
Full kitchen in room including coffee maker and coffee, mini fridge, sink
Location was walkable to just about everything
Adequate A/C and fan was just loud enough to drown out noise
Friendly staff
Daily maid service did a good job

Dislikes:
Only option is 2 double beds
Very noisy. There is a granite/stone business right next door, so if you stay during the weekdays you will likely be awakened by loud trucks. On the other side, there are some run-down high rise condos with lots of barking dogs.
Tried to use the hot tub at 10PM - they shut it down pretty early.
Hotels.com was advertising this as INCLUSIVE, but it is not. Only the breakfast. Not sure if there are other options to upgrade, but we didn't ask.

Now when I say that everything is pretty much walkable, I mean for someone reasonably fit who doesn't mind a bit of a walk. About 20 minutes to the beach, 20-25 to the marina where all the shops are.

We got gutsy and took a city bus from the airport. This isn't really advertised anywhere, and the car service guys outside the airport will not tell you about it. The bus stop is located off of Terminal 1, by the Avis car rental. Nothing is posted about how much the bus is, but my boyfriend and I gave him 50 pesos for both of us and he took it. It was quite a bus trip into Cabo - about 90 minutes with lots of stops and not much pretty to look at. The way back was better, it was a Wednesday and not many people on board so a little less time. We decided instead of paying $40-$300 for taxi/car services we would save for beer money. So, we didn't mind a little inconvenience and culture.

Cabo overall was great, but the vendors on the Medano beach were absolutely relentless. You could not get a moment's peace. If I had to do it over again, I would go to a more private beach.

Room Tip: Be sure you get a room away from the street noise, and away from the granite/stone business next doo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Juan Carlos M, General Manager at Hotel Quinta Del Sol, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear AZ89:

Thank you very much for the nice comments, I will share it with my staff. They work hard to make of this a good place for our guests, and they are happy to know that their job is appreciated.

Berkeley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were able to book this little hotel walkable to Medano Beach at the last minute. It has huge updated quiet clean rooms and very friendly staff. I really liked that there was a restaurant on site so I could get a late night snack and breakfast in them. Our room came with free continental breakfast, but sometimes I upgraded to the full breakfast buffet which was excellent for I think $4 more. Special thanks to Ranulfo who was a very friendly server who went out of his way to give us our favorite table and lots of hot coffee with a big smile. There is security on site which are very diligent and makes one feel very safe.

Room Tip: If you don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a hotel room this is the place for you--it is...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Juan Carlos M, General Manager at Hotel Quinta Del Sol, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Kay:

I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your review is an exact reflect of what we want to offer to our guests, I'm happy to see that we made it happen at your stay. We want to see you again here in cabo to make you feel at home.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

i went for my annual birthday trip. the hotel is on the main street in and out of cabo so it's easy to find. the staff was friendly and welcoming, especially the restaurant staff. i just wanted to relax so i didn't do much exploring outside the hotel. the pool is large and clean. they were doing some renovations so there was some noise. the room was large and clean. i had the inclusive package so you can order anything off the menu a la carte. when i went it wash't very bust; most days i had the pool to myself. the bartender makes a mean drink.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Wendy:

Thak you very much for your nice review, and congratulations for your birhtday. We appreciate the privilege of been chosen for such an important event. I'm glad to tell you that all the renovation works are concluded, we have no more noise.

Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We went in a family vacation to Los Cabos and stayed in this hotel because it had been recommended by friends. We got there and found out that the reservation had been made incorrectly and they gave us twin queen-size beds instead of a single king-size bed on the rooms. A minor mistake, which we overlooked. The beds are comfy, but if you don't like a soft mattress, then ask for something different. The rooms are really clean, the all have a kitchenette, and tub. The TV is an old CRT but has a decent number of channels. The pool and gym are small but do the job. We had an issue with one of the access cards they gave us for the rooms, but the facilities manager fixed the issue within minutes. A very affordable, clean and comfortable place to stay. I would recommend it to someone who will be out enjoying Cabo all day and just wants a good place to sleep and rest.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in the back, furthest away from the street. The will be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Juan Carlos M, General Manager at Hotel Quinta Del Sol, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Ugo C:

It's always a pleasure when I read that one of our guests have a good story to tell about us. Your comments are the best recommendation for those who are looking for a nice and clean place to stay in cabo. I hope to see you soon again in this place.

Mayfield, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed 7 nights here. We are from the states so I will describe the hotel as an Extended Stay Hotel, no frills but clean. Upon arrival we were greeted by the hotel concierge whom was pleasant but get ready because they will be in your business about every detail of your stay and they are VERY assertive. It's an never ending annoyance. We were given a room that had a clogged toilet and finally after the maintenance employee tried to unclog after 10 minutes I requested another room. We were moved to the second floor next to the granite yard. You will hear the saws and hammers all day and through the night depending on their workload. The pool is very small but seemed to be clean and the hot tub was drained and refilled daily. Depending on the guests this will be a crowded noisy place or quiet. We had the pool to ourselves one afternoon. The beach is a distance away and not easy to access as you must walk through a dirt road and sand but it's public access from multiple locations. This is a modest hotel in the center of town walking, as we opted, or bus/cab will be necessary to go anywhere. The marina is a 5 minute walk and we walked to Walmart as well, about a 10 minute walk. The refrigerator did not cool well, the tub was slow to drain, you'll be standing in a pool of water with each use. The walls are paper thin so be prepared to hear your neighbors conservations and TV; we did. The beds are comfortable and sheets are changed daily. Washer and dryer are nice but have pesos for tokens as I was told that my passport would be necessary to exchange $4 for the token to use, I declined the request. You are allowed to use the pool and beach at Solmar but it will require asking the office to call over and give you a card for this access. This is where the concierge will ruin your stay. We drew straws to see who had to go and get our pass as it was the most annoying part of our trip. You will be asked to visit their new resort and "there's nothing to purchase" however it will be a 90 minute tour and they will arrange a cab and even throw in a buffet breakfast! What a deal right??? NO absolutely nothing is free in Cabo without a timeshare presentation so decide ahead if you are willing to give up half a day of your vacation to play the game, if you are then get ready you can rack up on free excursions, sunset cruises and if you're really lucky free decorative tequila bottles as some friends we met did. It just isn't our thing to do on vacation and I really didn't appreciate the "log book" that is kept by the concierge that tells them what has been offered and what your decision is. This was the worst part of our stay and is the sole reason why we will not stay here again. We will book at a resort next time as the amenities within make up for the extra expense. If you're looking for a "hotel" this is the one, just be aware of the timeshare pressure and sales. They will chase you down the street if you allow it and good luck saying No, it takes about 10 NOs before they will walk away. It's ridiculous and annoying and it's a deal breaker for us staying here again. Internet is nice and free but a phone call will cost. A can of diet coke was $3.00 from the restaurant. We did not eat here other than 1 continental breakfast, which was not as expected. It's Cabo so be prepared to drop some dinero to eat and play! Buenas Dias and safe travels!!

Room Tip: Request a room on the left corridor as far from the pool as possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Robsdiva:

I appreciate the comments you shared about our property, and I apologize for the inconveniences you found during your stay. As you well said, we are a low-cost hotel, however, our goal is to give you the best service and experience possible and the convenience of a well located place.

We already took corrective measures in order to fix the situations you reported, in order to give a better service to you and our loyal guests.

South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We were booked though orbitz for two nights for October 4 and 5 2013.
Our flight on 4th from Atlanta was missed as I had tripped and hurt my leg and left hand. Delta changed our tickets but they only had flight available next day so we missed one day in Cabo. I called orbitz and they called the hotel and said that they have approved the refund for one night as we could not stay for two nights as we had missed our flight.
The next day I called orbitz to confirm this and they said they have confirmed everything but I need to go to reservation in cabo next day and get the refund.
When I went to the front desk they said the reservation is closed right now and we will send them a email and they will email me with refund details.
I did not hear from them there or even after coming back I did not hear from them. I have written email to them but they have not replied yet. I think if a hotel can not honor your accident or sickness and could not give your money back for the night not stayed I will never go there again or recommend any one to stay there. Same thing goes for orbitz . They should have helped me being my booking agent.

• Stayed October 2013
Juan Carlos M, General Manager at Hotel Quinta Del Sol, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Gotofly2:

I'm really sorry to know about the accident you had just the day you were supposed to arrive. Unfortunately the policies of the online travel agencies are out of our hands, and in this case the policy about cancellations is clearly explained in their website. Unfortunately we can't refund something that won't be supported for the online travel agency.
What is directly in our hands is the quality of the service we give once you are installed, the quality of our facilities, the location and all those aspects that make us have good comments in this website. I understand that the bad experience you had about the cancelation issue made you give us a low rating in all the other aspects, I'm sorry about that.

The Management.

Been to Hotel Quinta Del Sol? Share your experiences!