My husband and I stayed 7 nights here. We are from the states so I will describe the hotel as an Extended Stay Hotel, no frills but clean. Upon arrival we were greeted by the hotel concierge whom was pleasant but get ready because they will be in your business about every detail of your stay and they are VERY assertive. It's an never ending annoyance. We were given a room that had a clogged toilet and finally after the maintenance employee tried to unclog after 10 minutes I requested another room. We were moved to the second floor next to the granite yard. You will hear the saws and hammers all day and through the night depending on their workload. The pool is very small but seemed to be clean and the hot tub was drained and refilled daily. Depending on the guests this will be a crowded noisy place or quiet. We had the pool to ourselves one afternoon. The beach is a distance away and not easy to access as you must walk through a dirt road and sand but it's public access from multiple locations. This is a modest hotel in the center of town walking, as we opted, or bus/cab will be necessary to go anywhere. The marina is a 5 minute walk and we walked to Walmart as well, about a 10 minute walk. The refrigerator did not cool well, the tub was slow to drain, you'll be standing in a pool of water with each use. The walls are paper thin so be prepared to hear your neighbors conservations and TV; we did. The beds are comfortable and sheets are changed daily. Washer and dryer are nice but have pesos for tokens as I was told that my passport would be necessary to exchange $4 for the token to use, I declined the request. You are allowed to use the pool and beach at Solmar but it will require asking the office to call over and give you a card for this access. This is where the concierge will ruin your stay. We drew straws to see who had to go and get our pass as it was the most annoying part of our trip. You will be asked to visit their new resort and "there's nothing to purchase" however it will be a 90 minute tour and they will arrange a cab and even throw in a buffet breakfast! What a deal right??? NO absolutely nothing is free in Cabo without a timeshare presentation so decide ahead if you are willing to give up half a day of your vacation to play the game, if you are then get ready you can rack up on free excursions, sunset cruises and if you're really lucky free decorative tequila bottles as some friends we met did. It just isn't our thing to do on vacation and I really didn't appreciate the "log book" that is kept by the concierge that tells them what has been offered and what your decision is. This was the worst part of our stay and is the sole reason why we will not stay here again. We will book at a resort next time as the amenities within make up for the extra expense. If you're looking for a "hotel" this is the one, just be aware of the timeshare pressure and sales. They will chase you down the street if you allow it and good luck saying No, it takes about 10 NOs before they will walk away. It's ridiculous and annoying and it's a deal breaker for us staying here again. Internet is nice and free but a phone call will cost. A can of diet coke was $3.00 from the restaurant. We did not eat here other than 1 continental breakfast, which was not as expected. It's Cabo so be prepared to drop some dinero to eat and play! Buenas Dias and safe travels!!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Best Western
- Hotel Quinta Del Sol Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests at this cozy 72-suite property now enjoy a beautiful new lobby, remodeled event space, a new Jacuzzi area and an on-site restaurant, Las Quintas.Located less than a mile from the Sea of Cortes and close to the many attractions of Los Cabos, guests at the Quinta del Sol have access to a long list of activities on land and sea. There’s world-class golf, deep-sea fishing, scuba diving, horseback riding, shopping in downtown Cabo San Lucas and sunset boat rides. In every sense, the Quinta del Sol is close to everything.Hotel amenities include a multilingual staff, 24-hour front desk, currency exchange, baggage hold, laundry facilities, dry cleaning, on-site car rental, business services, ice machines, airport shuttles (fee applies), free parking, adult and family pools, outdoor Jacuzzi, and interior corridors. Guests also have access to facilities at nearby sister resorts, including the Solmar Resort Beach Club.Las Quintas Restaurant and Bar is a new addition to Quinta del Sol. The well-appointed restaurant features an indoor air-conditioned area overlooking the pool and an outdoor terrace for those who want to enjoy the splendid weather of Los Cabos. The menu features American and Mexican favorites. When staying four or more nights, theme nights may be enjoyed at the Solmar Resort.Spacious junior suites feature satellite television, free Wi-Fi Internet access, and two double beds. For added convenience, there are work desks, hair-dryers, laptop size electronic in-room safe deposit boxes, blackout drapes/curtains, iron and ironing board, air conditioning and wake-up and daily turndown service. Kitchenettes include a refrigerator, coffee-maker, cook top, sink and dining space. In-room child care is available. This property is handicapped accessible.The All Inclusive plan includes breakfast, lunch and dinner at Las Quintas Restaurant. Unlimited domestic beverages, parking and WiFi, complimentary in room minibar beverages the day of arrival, laundry service, discounts at recommended restaurants and spa treatments at our sister hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hotel Quinta Del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.