We stayed at the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar January 29 - February 5, 2013 as part of the all inclusive package through Sunquest.
The resort was beautiful, the grounds are maintained to perfection, the food was delicious, the staff was so accommodating, the rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable (yes - in Mexico!) and the service was excellent (although in my opinion Mexican resort service is always a little 'over the top' at the restaurants - seriously I can put my napkin in my own lap!) The resort is HUGE, pools are everywhere and you could always find a chair at one of them.
The hotel is not your typical all inclusive though. As many of the guests are not part of the all inclusive package (we seemed to be the only people there with the all inclusive bracelets) you have to sign for everything you order. This was a little bit of a hassle. In addition, there were not the usual number of waiters around the pool asking you if you want a drink - you had to go to the bar, which is not a big deal but a difference from the typical all inclusive.
A couple of the restaurants are not included in the all inclusive and a few dishes at some of the restaurants are also not included, but there was free internet! One thing I really liked was the availability of healthy food - lots of fresh fruit, veggies, etc. - not all fried fare like in many of the other Mexican resorts I've been to.
One of the things my husband and I agreed on is that we would never stay at this resort if it was not all inclusive - the prices they charge are quite expensive! ($115 for a margarita (about $10) isn't outrageous but $55 pesos (just under $5) for a can of diet coke!)The breakfast buffet was about $300 per person, which if you only eat cereal and yogurt for breakfast like I do it seems quite excessive, although the dinner buffet (also around $300 pesos) seemed a bit more reasonable. If we had added up what we spend on food/drink each day we figured we would have been around $300 US dollars, and we did not drink that much.
There were no evening activities (actually, there were no activities period) at the hotel, which was fine by me but I know some people really enjoy this part of resort life so I thought I would mention it. I did think it would have been nice to have a little disco or something just for something to do at night..
The fitness center was spectacular, lots of really good quality treadmills, elliptical trainers, weights - better than many Canadian hotels I've stayed in! The spa was beautiful - again much nicer than many Canadian spas - expensive - an 80 minute massage was about $2200 pesos (we'll see how much VISA decides this is in Canadian $ LOL but I expect just under $200) I thought this was pricey for a not-that-great massage - can get better at home for almost half the cost, but I guess the atmosphere of the spa counts for something.
All in all this was the nicest resort I've stayed at in Mexico by far. I honestly don't think I could go back to a regular Mexican resort after this. So if you can get the all inclusive package I would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its cobblestone lanes, winding paths, quaint Placitas, fountains, restaurants, and shops, the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Resort & Spa, Los Cabos captures the feel of Old Mexico. A full complement of guest services is offered on premises to satisfy the refined needs of both the meeting and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Media 8, Inc., getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Sheraton
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Golf & Spa Resort Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas