The resort is very well designed, large, and, we think, gorgeous. Parking was free and we were professionally greeted, led to the front desk where check in was efficient, we were told to exchange towel cards for pool/beach towels, and then quickly carted to our rooms. The time-share agent was visibly unhappy when we indicated we would not be able to make it for breakfast the next day due to a busy schedule, but the agent was not overly persistent. Our room (ground floor) had a small patio but no furniture, and was poorly lit. We quickly changed to go swimming in one of the resorts 5 (at least) pools. It was 5:45 and the pools closed at 7, but we had a full day of travel and were looking forward to it. At the first two pools we saw no service staff and no place to get a towel (note, the water slide is for kids under 48"). We then made it to the main pool areas. There we found a staff member and we inquired how to exchange towels for our cards. He directed us to the front desk. We went back to the front desk, and were greeted by a staff member who made it seem that this request was very difficult. Granted there were only two other couples in the main pool, as the evening was cool, but still, we did want to take a quick dip. I was then asked to see another staff member at another desk. After some hesitation, he agreed to go get us towels. I am not sure why getting towels late in the day was so difficult. We enjoyed our swim.
There were two choices for a family restaurant. We visited both during our stay. The food was very good, but not exceptional, same for the menu and drinks. The price was as expected for a resort of this nature.
Overall we enjoyed our stay, but some service quirks, poor lighting, and lower food quality relative to other similar resorts we have enjoyed is why I cannot give this resort higher than 4/5.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Hotel
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Sheraton
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Golf & Spa Resort Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its cobblestone lanes, winding paths, quaint Placitas, fountains, restaurants, and shops, the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Resort & Spa, Los Cabos captures the feel of Old Mexico. A full complement of guest services is offered on premises to satisfy the refined needs of both the meeting and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Media 8, Inc., Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, Venere, Amex, Olotels, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.