The hotel ground is beautiful and meticulously kept. The view of Sea of Cortez was perfect. The beach is clean. We rented a car and had to drive around twice to find the entrance road to the hotel. The hotel website needs to spell it out clearer.
I emailed the hotel two weeks before arrival to ask a couple of questions. I never got a reply.
Once we got there, staff were all friendly and wonderful.
The room itself was dated and dark. We booked an ocean-view room. It turned out that you can't see the ocean from the room itself. You have to go on the balcony. It should be advertised as such.
At night, there was clicking sound coming from outside the room. I couldn't locate where it came from. It sounded like HVAC pipe noise. It woke me up several times at night even with my ear plugs in. It wasn't a restful vacation as I had hoped.
We went to most of the restaurants on site since we got a credit. They were all good but overpriced.
Now the timeshare presentation. When we checked in, we were directed to a "welcome" desk, which turned out to be the timeshare company. The guy was very nice introducing us to the restaurants and local interests and activities. He didn't force us to go to the timeshare presentation, but pointed out we would get a free breakfast, plus $150 restaurant credit and discounts on many activities. Since we love food and like to get out and explore, the savings was tempting. He said the timeshare presentation would be 75 minutes. So we signed up. It turned out to be 2.5 hours! The manager guy came in after we didn't jump on it and slashed the price by 1/3. Wondered how he could do that. Timeshare doesn't fit our live style anyway so we declined. We did save some money but wasted half a day. We didn't like the fact that the hotel seemed to be connected with the timeshare company and gave them two desks right in the check-in area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its cobblestone lanes, winding paths, quaint Placitas, fountains, restaurants, and shops, the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Resort & Spa, Los Cabos captures the feel of Old Mexico. A full complement of guest services is offered on premises to satisfy the refined needs of both the meeting and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Sheraton Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Sheraton
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Golf & Spa Resort Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas