Just to quickly qualify my wife and I...we are both in our mid-thirties and have traveled extensively world-wide. We appreciate luxury (particularly fine food), especially when it comes at a good value. We both thought Pueblo Bonito Pacifica was just fantastic. Were there a couple of things I could gripe about? Sure...but I have yet to travel ANYWHERE where that is not the case. Things happen and people are human. I will say the one or two MINOR things that did occur...the staff at Pacifica made right quickly and without resistance or attitude (for instance, I used their iron on a pair of shorts and it burned them...so I notified housekeeping, they tried to get the burn out, and when they couldn't they gladly issued me a $40 credit on our bill...not a big deal...problem solved). ALL of the staff are genuinely pleasant and go out of their way to make sure you are happy and comfortable. I could give you example after example of how they did little things to make our stay better...really going the extra mile...but suffice it to say, the service was excellent. To the previous reviewer...we also do not like staff coming in our room...so we put the "DO NOT DISTURB" hanging bag on our door every time we left and not only did they NOT come in, but they put a note on the door EACH DAY that they were not able to come in our room b/c of the sign and if we needed anything to call housekeeping...so they did NOT just come in whenever they wanted...they respected our wishes. And either way, an intelligent traveler will ALWAYS use the in-room safe for valuables anyway. But back to the resort...the food was generally very good (well prepared, fresh, and original menus). The only meal we had that was NOT good (at all) was at the Bistro at Sunset Beach. Definitely swing clear of that one (it was probably the only real disappointment of our trip)...but La Nao was very good (also located at Sunset Beach...which they provide a free 5 minute shuttle to). We didn't get to eat at the high-end Frida restaurant but everyone raved about it...so I'm sure it's outstanding. We live in NYC and found the prices to be comparable...which to most people will seem a but steep but luckily (?) for us was the norm...but you can expect to pay $120ish for apps, entrees and desert for two WITHOUT drinks. Not much else to add besides the resort is spotless, well maintained, and has a very tangible spa/wellness theme to it...which was the purpose. Different parts of the resort have different smells...which is a very original touch. We purchased some of the sprays they use to create that feel in our home...very cool. Also, not allowing children at Pacifica makes the place's over-all ambiance much calmer and more mature feeling (no offense kids). This resort definitely attracts a more mature, adult clientele...so you're not going to have college spring-breakers getting trashed and rowdy by the pool.
Just a couple of side-notes....when you get off the plane and come out of baggage claim you will be swamped with people trying to get you to come and hear their time-share spiel. I recommend you DO stop and listen to what they are offering and get it all in writing (and don't be afraid to give them a $20 or even $50 "deposit") as you will NOT be going to their presentation but can use this to leverage a BETTER deal from Pueblo Bonito when you get there. Right after you check in at PBP, one of their reps will ask if anyone approached you at the airport and what did they offer and did you pay anything etc. Just give them the slip with everything and they will MATCH and then BETTER their offer (including giving you back whatever you paid them in cash). We got a $200 food credit for ALL the Pueblo Bonito properties, a $200 spa credit (provided we pay $50...so a net $150 credit), a snorkeling trip (worth $100) and our $20 cash back....all for listening to their 3 hour presentation (which they will tell you is only 90 min...but just know it's 3 hours going in...but they do give you a nice breakfast...which would be worth another $30-40). We thought it was totally worth it (and to be fair, was tempting...but just not the right time for us). It's a bit of a hard-sell but just know that going in and be firm and don't do anything impulsive and you will be out of there with a LOT of free credits to play with on your vacation.
And lastly, we were there for our one year anniversary and decided to do dinner on the beach with the beds...TOTALLY worth it. I think it was like $210 for a fantastic dinner on the beach and then getting to spend the ENTIRE NIGHT (like...until 8am) on one of their huge canopy beds that sits on the beach...very romantic and very memorable. Beds have curtains so you can have total privacy once you go to bed and they provide blankets and pillows. Highly recommended.
I could write so much more, but you get the point. Pueblo Bonito Pacifica exceeded our expectations and they deserve all the accolades they get here on Trip Advisor. I would put this resort up against pretty much any other high-end resort in terms of luxury and service...but it runs away with it when it comes to value. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa is an enchanting oasis of natural beauty and relaxation, located on a 2.5 Mile stretch of pristine white beach on the Pacific Ocean, just one mile from lively downtown Cabo San Lucas. This boutique resort offers a deluxe all-inclusive plan providing gourmet a la carte dining, enhanced guest services and a wide range of amenities. Pacifica features five restaurants, five bars, two pools, an award-winning spa and luxurious accommodations in a calm, adults-only environment. Fashionably decorated guestrooms and suites include furnished patios and balconies with stunning views of the ocean and sunsets. Designed for the sophisticated and discerning guest, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica has everything needed for a fun and relaxing vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort And Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos