My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Pacifica, and in a single word, it was heavenly. We are expecting our first child in July and wanted to find a quiet, relaxing resort to enjoy each other's company before the baby arrives. We are in our mid-thirties and were among the younger guests, most of whom were couples as well.
Although the beach is non-swimming, the pool area was a serene place to spend our mornings and afternoons - with the exception of having to endure a couple of PDA (public displays of affection) sightings. The only sounds you hear are the crashing of the waves in the Pacific, the water running off of the edge of the infinity pool and the occasional indistinctive conversation from the other guests. The food served poolside from Aire restaurant is the best we've ever experienced from a pool bar. The quality of the food is top notch and priced reasonably given the generous portions. Granted, we did not drink alcohol during our stay, which I can imagine can considerably drive up your tab.
We took advantage of the free shuttle to the Pueblo Bonito Rose to try out a swimming beach, and the difference between the two resorts was rather glaring. The Rose and the Blanco (Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos) are more typical family resorts with music playing over the outdoor speakers, children splashing and young adults playing pool volleyball. The Sea of Cortez, although swimable, is still a bit rough, and there are beach vendors constantly trolling the hotel areas. The smell of gas from the boats and jet skis is pervasive and easily overpowers the sea air.
As far as the dining options at Pacifica, we were not incredibly impressed by the main restaurant at the resort, Siempre. The food was good, but slightly higher priced than a comparable dinner back in the States or even in other restaurants in Cabo. (Please see my restaurant reviews for Nick-San, Edith's, Market and La Nao.)
I had a pre-natal massage at the Armonia spa on the resort, which was enjoyable, but nothing spectacular. The decor of the spa itself is overly plain, and unlike other hotel spas, they don't offer use of a sauna or spa pool.
The staff at Pacifica is very ameniable and kind. We especially enjoyed the hospitality and geniality of the staff at the Activities Center, where at no additional cost, you can enjoy free activities (ping pong tournament, beach walks, blackjack, etc.) and classes (cooking, Mexican wine, towel folding, etc.).
I believe we were one of the very few couples who did not participate in the free breakfast and "presentation" at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach resort for the timeshare spiel. It is possible to politely and persistently decline, although understandably being hounded from the moment you pick up your bags to until you are safely in your hotel room grates on your nerves.
A couple of lessons learned from our experience:
1. Surviving the Airport "Guantlet" - After baggage claim, you pass through the rental car counter area and then through frosted automated sliding glass doors which open into a room FILLED with people trying to get you to talk to them. DO NOT display any clues about which car rental company you are using or hotel you are staying at by carrying around anything with their logos, they will use the information to convince you they are affiliated with those companies. Just keep walking toward the exit until you are outside of the airport.
2. They Are Everywhere - Just because you've survived the airport guantlet and made it safely to the off-airport car rental agency doesn't mean it's over. There was a very kind gentleman talking to my husband while I obtained our car. We were told by the car rental agent to ask him for directions to our hotel, which he gave us but only after trying to get us to sign up for a "free breakfast" at the Westin.
3. Free Breakfasts for a $20 Deposit? - After checking into our hotel, the front desk directed us to a concierge-looking desk in the lobby for our "welcome package." (He gave our room keys to the bellhop instead of us.) The welcome package was nothing more than a folio of local brochures, and the women at the desk tried various hotel credits and free sunset cruise bribes to try and get us to sign up for the free breakfast at the Sunset. When I told her we'd consider it (we weren't really) and she started to sign us up for the next morning, she asked us for a $20 deposit. That gave me the perfect out, since I told her we were not going to commit ourselves to something 'free' with a deposit.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort And Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa is an enchanting oasis of natural beauty and relaxation, located on a 2.5 mile stretch of pristine white beach on the Pacific Ocean, just one mile from lively downtown Cabo San Lucas. This boutique resort offers Luxury without Limitations, a deluxe all-inclusive plan providing gourmet a la carte dining, enhanced guest services and a wide range of amenities. Pacifica features five restaurants, five bars, two pools, an award-winning spa and luxurious accommodations in a calm, adults-only environment. Fashionably decorated guestrooms and suites include furnished patios and balconies with stunning views of the ocean and sunsets . Designed for the sophisticated and discerning guest, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica has everything needed for a fun and relaxing vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.