“Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bakersfield, California
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We just returned June 18th, and this is a great resort to go and relax and that is what my wife and I wanted it is small so you do not have to deal with crowds and if you want a busier place you can take the shuttle and visit one of the sister resorts. It is nice you have a beach that no one else is on because the sunset and the pacifica are seperated by the owners house, so you can take walks on the beach and most likely not walk past anyone else, it does get windy and you can not get in the ocean but that did not interfere with how much we enjoyed walking on the beach, talking, picking up seashells and enjoying our company. The food was always good and the service was great fom Alexis in the sushi bar who was very personable, Regulo and Antonio in siempre remembering my wife and I's name everytime we came in made us feel welcomed. pool service from Daniel and the service we recieved from Octavio while renting a beach bed which I recomend was great. Also if you want a strong drink see Ophelia in the wine bar, After a one week stay my wife and I had a great relaxing trip and for the short flight from Southern California we will difinately go back. You may read that the little pool tiles are falling off and yet that is true but with only having two pools i'm sure they are just trying to schedule repairs because everything else around there is well maintained and being repainted it did not affect our trip and everyone there tried to make sure you were having a great time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

We really appreciate your nice comments about our resort, it is great to hear you had such an enjoyable time with your boyfriend. Looking forward to welcome you anytime!

Angel S., General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was by far one of the best places I have ever stayed. They staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. It's very relaxing, quiet and beautiful. The property is at the end of the road and you really feel like you're away from it all. But, town is a short distance away and easy to get to. We took a cab a few times into town instead of waiting for the shuttle. Only $10-$12 each way for 3 people.

We ate a Siempre a few times (make a reservation!) and then went over to Blanco for dinner one night. The sushi restaurant is great too. Truly an amazing place. The trip to the other resorts, certainly made us happy we were at the much calmer Pacifica.

I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: WE were upgraded to an oceanview room free of charge, but we were there during the off season.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

We feel very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay at Pacifica, we truly appreciate your kind remark and taking the time for reviewing us, we really hope to welcome you anytime soon.

Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The property was gorgeous. A lot more exposed to direct sunlight than Sunset Beach, so it was very deserty ... But it looked like a fantastically relaxing resort where serenity is yours for the taking. We shuttled over here twice during our week at Sunset Beach. First time we walked the grounds and had lunch by the pool in a nicely shaded outdoor area. ( They could definitely use more shaded tables ... I think there were only 5 ... ). There was a nice breeze coming off the Pacific that day which helped. The food we ordered by the pool was very good. The pulled pork was by far some of the best I've ever had. The fish tacos were a little different than those served at Sunset Beach. No baja sauce at Siempre, but the tortillas looked to be home-made and the marinated cabbage was fantastic. ( No cabbage at Sunset Beach ).

The next night we made reservations at Siempre, one of our most expensive dinners on the trip. 4 of our party had the Short Ribs with Risotto ... They all enjoyed it but some of them felt that for slow cooking almost 12 hours, the meat was a bit bland. I had the fish special of the day ... A Sea Bass with a red wine reduction ... The fish was well-prepared, but the menu should have mentioned that along with the red wine sauce there was also a curry. I've never been a fan of curry on my fish and I don't think I ever will be. The curry was excessively strong and I spent the majority of my meal trying to avoid getting any curry on my filet. My wife ordered snapper. ( also served with a curry and again, no mention of it on the menu )

Our server was excellent. The only other things I'll mention are: Daughter ordered a scallop appetizer ... they tasted quite rubbery. I ordered a tomato salad with olive oil, a balsamic drizzle and some pesto ... Could have used some salt, and the tomatoes were definitely out of season ... they might want to wait to serve this dish until prime tomato season.

All in all ... a lovely resort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
dallas texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

From the time that we walked in to this place, until the time we walked out...everyone was very friendly. I traveled with my sister and 2 good friends of ours. We could call room service 24 hours a day and order drinks and food and were very prompt. I even lost my camera in the cab coming back from town and it was found by our concierge! See Marco at the pool bar, great service, friendly smile and perfect drinks. Make sure you tip your waiters, bar tenders and bell boys. They appreciate it and won't forget you and will get you anything you want. Must go to the marina ($12 cab ride to town and 15 minute ride) and see Ray at Alexanders for the best seafood ever there. Clean place, great wait staff and wonderful environment to sit and have lunch or dinner. We went back 3 times during our stay. I cannot say anything bad about our visit at all. Must go to spa as well and get a beach side massage...ladies were awesome and facilities were top notch!! I WILL be back!

Room Tip: no room is too far away from anything.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Wow, came across this hotel while searching for our anniversary trip. We stayed here in 2006 when no one knew about it. Loved the walk up bar, beautiful beach, gorgeous hotel rooms and great service. It was a unique experience after the first few days of our honeymoon in Hawaii. It was quite, peaceful unlike the other Pueblo hotels

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Taylor,

Thank you for your kind remarks and for taking the time to review us, looking forward to welcome you for the third time soon.

Congratulation on your anniversary!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in Feb 2011 and May 2013. I thought it would be much hotter for end of May, but was pleasantly surprised that the weather was about the same. Cool in the mornings and evenings. They had added the sushi restaurant and the buffet for the evenings so you had more to choose from. If you want premium liquor, you need to go the the bar up by the lobby that opens at 3:00 but the pool bar was fine for us also. I suggest going into town and going to the marina. The people are really aggressive with trying to get you to buy jewelry and take a boat out, but DO take the boat out. For $10 per person, they will take you on a sightseeing tour that is fabulous. We had the entire boat to ourselves both times and felt very safe. The airport has a new terminal that has been open about 6 months and it was really nice. We LOVE Cabo and the Pacifica. We have recommended it to our friends and they loved it too. Yes, it is very quite and restful and that is why we like it. All the employees have always been helpful and polite and we can't complain about 1 minute of either stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We literally have 0 bad things to say about this all-inclusive resort, it was an incredible time to experience all that Cabo has to offer. The hotel grounds were immaculate, pools were fantastic, drinks were amazing and the food impeccable. If you want 24 hour room service or Aloe Vera delivered to your room at 3 am. You got it!

2nd to last day I went deep sea fishing caught about 4 Yellowtail tuna's brought them back within the hour and the chef cleaned them, cut us up sashimi and grilled the rest in 3 different kinds of spices. It was the best fish I have ever had in my entire life!

We will definitely be returning!!

Room Tip: Definitely splurge for an ocean view room. Although you won't be spending a lot of time on your...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!