“Thanks for a great vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

45-50% Off All-Inclusive
Ranked #13 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Thanks for a great vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I visited this resort in mid-April and had a great and very relaxing time. The most remarkable aspect of the trip is the amazing staff. From the greeters at the front door to the restaurant workers, the attention to detail they provided really make you feel that you are in a first-class place. We especially enjoyed Julian and Regalo and all the staff at Siempre. The food is delicious and beautifully prepared. We did travel to P. B. Sunset Beach on the free shuttle and dined at La Frida's one night and highly reccommend it. We were spoiled at every opportunity and cannot thank the staff enough. We look forward to returning and visiting our friends at Pacifica again soon.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the ocean-view suite and would do it again. It was a relatively inexpensive upgrade...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Drew G,

We feel flattered after reading such a nice review, we really enjoy welcoming people with positive attitude like you. It is great to hear you had an enjoyable and fun stay at Pacifica, guests like you are what make us feel satisfied for the quality of the service we strive to provide each day.

Looking forward to welcome you and your wife anytime soon.

Angel S., General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

You know you had a great vacation at a fantastic resort when you cry as the transfer takes you back to the airport. I did not want to leave that place & definitely want to return in the somewhat near future. But I was very apprehensive at first because of some of the negative reviews on here. So here's my review from a somewhat spoiled Texan:
The rooms are very simple but the bed is very comfortable & everything is so clean so what more could you ask for? I'd recommend getting a room on the 3rd floor or higher for a better view. Since the resort bars close down pretty early, we would head back and sit on our balcony & enjoy a few more drinks and the views.
The activities are so fun - we enjoyed the boot camp & pilates instructor (Alberto); he is very nice & informative on the resort and the area.
When you walk into Siempre for dinner, the greeter there is named Gonzolo (sp?) and he is always smiling and in great spirits. Gregorio was our waiter at Siempre for 2 nights during our stay and he was so nice. The food there is very good (our favorite was the surf & turf) and the breakfast buffet is very good too. We ordered room service one morning and that was delicious too (took about 35 minutes so not too long).
Pool service is much faster if you sit closer to the bar area but can be pretty slow at times. It's all inclusive so if its too slow, either hop in and swim to the bar or get up and get a drink. Not a big deal. Shrimp & fish tacos are delicious sitting poolside drinking a pacifica. :-)
We decided to try the sushi place one night and to our absolute delight it was fantastic!! Alexis was our waiter and he is outstanding. The Siempre roll and the Cilantro sashimi were our favorite.
After dinner, we would walk over to the Siempre bar area and Kanyi was such a nice bartender. He took excellent care of us & made some killer drinks.
The fire pits are a nice way to end the day and visit with other travelers. I would've enjoyed a disco on the property or something like that. They do theme nights but those are over by 9pm and if you eat dinner at 6 or 7, you most likely will miss it. But at the theme nights, there is a buffet on the beach. We did not try the buffet, we enjoyed Siempre or the Sushi place too much.
The pool tiles do need to be fixed. It's not that big of a deal though but can be unsightly.
The beach is very nice and the chairs are super relaxing at either beach or pool. I had no trouble falling asleep for a quick nap. You can't swim in the Pacific in Cabo. End of story. Unless you have a death wish. I don't care to swim in the ocean when I can swim in a beautiful pool looking at the ocean. But if you like to swim in the ocean, this resort is not for you.
It is an absolute MUST to either walk or take the shuttle to the Sunset and see the sky pool. Absolutely AMAZING. Get up and get there by 10 to get a good spot. Children are allowed at the Sunset but we maybe saw 2-3 and they were older and well behaved.
We took the shuttle to the rose one morning and then walked downtown (about a 10 minute walk). Along the way, we took another tripadvisor reviewer's advice and stopped in at Eden's spa for a couple's massage. $60 and it was wonderful. The place is very clean and staff are well trained.
If you're looking for a relaxing vacation with friends or romantic, this is it. And for the negative reviewers, wow. I just can't believe how anyone would have something nasty to say about this place. If you're nice to the staff, guess what, they are nice to you. And if you can't enjoy this place, I'd suggest to stay home because nothing will ever please you. Thank you Pacifica for a fantastic retreat for my husband & I to celebrate our 7 year anniversary! We are looking forward to returning SOON!

Room Tip: 3rd floor or higher for a better view
Dear Jennifer V,

We feel pleased after reading such a nice and friendly review, we are glad that you had the time to enjoy all of our facilities and that you had a wonderful stay with us, we'll make sure to pass your recognition to every staff member you mentioned above.
Looking forward to welcome you and your husband anytime!
Happy Anniversary!

Warm Regards,
Angel S., General Manager
Langley, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Id like the pool service, the activities staff, adriana, esteban, apolo and jazmin where great.
If you are looking for relaxation and good times, you should come here.
Nightlife, its available into town, and i enjoyed watching the folk dancers.
I really enjoyed myself.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

the activities staff are very friendly, fun and engaging of the guests! the activity schedule was so varied and had something for everyone. we would come back to see adriana and josh again for sure! The service staff at the pool got to know us and brought our morning drinks to us before we even ordered upon arriving at the pool.

Room Tip: 1245 verygood view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Pacifica is a wonderful peaceful getaway which provided excellent value for money and wonderful vacation memories.

Obviously this hotel is well reviewed already so I'll add little to what has already been said.

Firstly the pool tiles, we asked about this and were told that they have attempted repairs a couple of times and are now planning to replace the tiles with stonework beginning this week when the pools will be shut down. Sucks for those who are there this week as they will be treated to paddling pools on the beach apparently (yikes) but it is work that has to be done sometime.

The buffet was for me a bust, there was little choice on the night we went but that's perhaps because it is not particularly popular and more choice/food would just be wasted?

Siempre, the main restaurant is very nice, great service and you can tell it's attempting to be fine cuisine but I think it just misses the mark. It's not awesome, it's just very good.

We loved our room, loved the facilities, enjoyed the tennis courts, took sunset walks along the beach, laid out at the pools, drank numerous cocktails we hadn't tried before and would definitely visit again.

The all inclusive is such good value, I can't understand why anyone staying wouldn't take advantage. Seems a no-brainer to me.

My one piece of advice to the resort manager is to find some other way of inviting guests to tour the time share properties. Being given the hard sell after a long flight + transport to the hotel is not the time for it.

Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks and for taking the time to review us.
Hope to welcome you to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica anytime soon.

Best Regards,
Jose Ernesto Coppel, General Manager
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I (from Ontario, Canada) booked the 7-day all-inclusive vacation from Sunwing Vacation at the end of April, 2013. We booked through a travel agent because the price quoted by the agent was the same as that I found on itravel, red tag vacation and other internet sources.

This is our 6th time at an all-inclusive resort in different countries, so we do have some experience with at his type of holiday. We had spent a lot of time to find an intimate and quiet adult-only resort. We want to avoid a gigantic, spread out, hotel with loud boom-boxes around the pool all day long. We want to stay away from "Jersey Shore" type people. And we want to enjoy some peace and quiet without children running around and screaming. This is the ideal resort.

I see reviews complaining the lack of activities, the resort being too small and it's so windy that you cannot swim in the beach. I find these comments unfair. The resort is as advertised. Such complaints are akin to buying an apple, then complaining that it is not an orange.
* There are only 150 rooms, of course it is small and of course there are not as many activities as would a large resort (like Riu). There is a half-hourly free shuttle (van) to and from the sister resort, Sunset Beach, which is less than 5 minutes away. Sunset Beach is a much bigger resort (but NOT adult-only), and patrons of Pacifica can use the facilities of Sunset Beach for free. So if one so chooses, one can go to Sunset Beach every day and take advantage of the bigger resort and its amenities. We went to Sunset Beach once during our stay, and never went back. We wanted a quiet vacation, and found that it would defeat our purpose if we ended up spending most of our time at a large resort with children running around. We'd mind as well have stayed at Sunset Beach itself or even a bigger resort like Riu.
* It is "well-known" with even a quick internet search that one cannot swim in the ocean in that part of town. We still enjoyed walking on the beach everyday, listening and watching the majestic waves, getting a glimpse of the pelicans and other birds.

We never received any sales pitch, not once, about time share at the resort. We did get "cornered" by somebody right at the airport. We thought he was a Sunwing representative showing us to the coach to transfer to the resort. Not until 5 minutes later did we realize he was a time-share sales rep. We kept on saying "no, thank you" and left. No harm done.

The Sunwing coach transfer was comfortable and relatively quick. Pacifica is the very last resort on the strip so it took about 1 hour 15 minutes to drive from the airport to the resort, with one stop (only 10 minutes) at another resort to drop off some people.

The room is lovely - clean, tastefully decorated and functional. We sat on a balcony many afternoons, reading and admiring the ocean. The in-room fridge was always stocked with pop and bottled water. If you need more bottled water, you can always go to any of the bars for more. The shower is large (can fit more than one person) and the water pressure is great.

We never encountered any foul smell anywhere.

We got a couples' massage at the spa ($120 per person for 50 minutes). Considering a comparable massage in Canada would cost $100 plus HST, the cost is not unreasonable. The massage was divine. The spa was luxurious and Zen-like.

Finally, it costs $12 Canadian to take a cab to the town centre (about 10 minutes).

Of course, one can always find things to complain. Yes, the tiles around the pool are somewhat chipped. But if anyone would let that ruin their vacation in this 5-star resort, then I suspect they're the type of people that cannot be pleased even if they were to live in Buckingham Palace.

Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My new husband and I stayed at this resort for our honeymoon in April 2013. There were a lot of issues I would like to make you aware of, but we are not at all complaining about the over-all experience. We had a very good time and I came home feeling relaxed and refreshed.

However you may not be as easy to please as we are. If you are a demanding traveler, I would say avoid this place. If you go in aware, this is a relaxing time. Not the best week I've ever had on vacation, but once the time share sales pitching dies down, it is very relaxing.

-GREAT PLACE for R&R
-The atmosphere is nice
-The beach is beautiful
-The pool during the day is very relaxing and enjoyable
-You can bounce around to the other resorts
-We enjoyed the food a lot. Everything I tried was very good.
-The Sunday Brunch was a huge, awesome spread!
-The people were friendly
-The set up a lot of cool activities every day. Yoga classes and speed walking. I mean, I'm not going to take advantage of that cuz I'm on VACATION folks, but it was nice to know it was there.

Things you need to know before you book:
-There is a lot of sales pitching throughout your stay for time shares (more about this below)
-The service was very slow. Please allow this to be colored by the fact that we were not tipping as much or as frequently as we normally would. We were doing the All-Inclusive thing for the first time and we really just didn't want to deal with a lot of that sort of, you know, PAYING for things. We only tipped when there was outstanding service (Alexis at the sushi bar was a total delight!) This probably accounts for the servers being so reluctant to come back on a regular basis. Take that for what you will.

-The Seimpre is a bit open-air, so birds flew in and got into the bread basket many mornings
-There were sometimes mosquitos in the butter. Over-all in the evening there are a ton of mosquitos, so bring bug spray
-By the evening the bars ran out of a lot of things we liked
-You get unlimited refill on your in-room minibar, but it is mostly soda, bottled water, and a couple cans of beer. No liquor.
-When we were there the return shuttle was ~ 44 USD, so plan for that. It's not bad. Taxi negotiations start at $100, so we took the shuttle and it was fine.

Feel free to read on for some further details, but those are the main points.

I do want to expand on the sales pitching because it can be grating and I want the resort and future travelers to know that we were bothered by this at first.

We arrived late afternoon and the front desk staffer was pleasant and there were no problems with our reservations. The lobby is nice in that calming spa sort of way- exactly what we needed.

We were a bit tired and frazzled from travel, so when they ushered us over to the woman across the lobby I think we both would have said anything to just get to our rooms. THIS IS WHEN the sales pitching starts.

They presented it as a "welcome reception" to aquaint you with the features of the resort, but it was odd because they took my husband's $20 and then explained that when we get to the "breakfast" they would provide us with a $300 spa credit. We blindly forked over the cash so we could just move on already. Once in our rooms we had more time to think about this interesting "deal" and realized something was up and maybe we should just kiss the twenty behind and skip it? So that's what we did.

But it doesn't stop there. All the staffers come off very friendly "How are you, my friend! Are you enjoying your stay?" Then when you respond they immediately ask if someone has talked to you about the welcome reception yet. There IS FOR SURE a cut in it for these people if you buy into the time share. I am convinced of this because this happened over and over for the first two days, then it seemed to die down once they realized we weren't biting....

....Only to begin anew when we went over to another resort. We only went to the other resort because ours had run out of cigs and rather than offering to go get it for us, they made us get on a bus and go over ourselves which is whatever. Standard service, not great service, but we were happy to go see what was up over there anyway.

Once we got there, tho, it all started up again with the trying to sell us on these time shares. It makes it a bit difficult to relax because you can't walk anywhere without someone pitching you. At some point you just try to stop engaging the staff at all.

After that we stayed at our resort, we weren't bothered anymore, and we relaxed by the pool most days. In the evenings we'd do the sushi bar mostly because it is very very good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!